Everywhere

The Right Words, Are They Enough

Jeonghan stormed into their apartment, his nostrils flaring. He slammed the door, growling.

“Welcome home,” Joshua called from the kitchen. “Go get changed. Dinner’s ready.”

Breathing in slowly, he held his temper in check. It wasn’t Joshua’s fault he was ing pissed as hell. “I’ll be there soon baby.”

Joshua kissed him as he came into the kitchen. “How was work?”

Jeonghan smiled at him. “It was all right.” It wasn’t but Joshua didn’t need to know that he had a screaming match with his dad. A screaming match about Joshua even.

He pulled Joshua to him, hugging him. “My day got better by seeing you Shua.” He breathed Joshua’s sweet honey scent in. Everything would be worthless if he didn’t have his omega.


“I miss you,” Joshua said softly, reaching out to touch the screen as if he could feel Jeonghan through it. It was temporary. A few months. But one week and Joshua felt like a part of him was missing already, one week since he felt whole.

“I miss you more,” Jeonghan replied, reaching out and placing his fingers on his end.


“Checkmate,” Joshua said, a serene smile on his lips.

Chewing on his bottom lip, Jeonghan stared at the board trying to find a way out. Three minutes later he sighed, “You win.”

“Better luck next time,” Joshua hummed. Getting up, he brushed his hand against Jeonghan’s face. “Maybe you’ll win the next game.”

Jeonghan sat there, trying to hold in his hunger. Each game was a ploy to get Joshua into his bed. He lost too many times, but the losses spurred him each time until he won.


Jeonghan shivered as Joshua let out a moan. He grinned, squeezing Joshua’s hips. “You always make such pretty noises baby.” He inched his back in, making Joshua bite his lip to stop a gasp.

He tutted, putting his thumb into Joshua’s mouth to keep it open. “Don’t do that now Shua.”

Joshua gave him a tiny glare, biting down on his thumb instead of on it.

“Hmm. You make me want to you until you scream.”