Here

The Right Words, Are They Enough

A/N: None of them are connected


 

“I want to shout it out from the rooftops,” Jeonghan growled, arms wide. “Why do I have to hide that I love you? It’s stupid.”

Joshua had nothing to say. It was stupid. But to risk it, here in this country. They couldn’t.

 


 

“You’d best be careful with Marquis Hong’s son. He might look as beautiful as a rose. But remember that every rose has thorns. He’ll bleed you dry that one.”

Jeonghan hummed, sipping on his wine as he watched the heir to the Marquis’s wealth make his rounds. Beautiful and gentle people said. But talk to the right people and one would find out that anyone who tried anything with him would get stabbed.

That young master was skilled with sharp pointy things and wasn’t afraid to use them on people who he didn’t like. Maybe Jeonghan could de-thorn that rose.

 


 

“Don’t know what I do without you” Jeonghan said in a rush, kissing Joshua quickly on the lips as he took his coat and keys.

“Die,” Joshua deadpanned. “You’d die in bachelordom without me and the kids.”

He flashed Joshua a smile. “That’s why I married you quick. You’re mine now.”

 


 

“Do you rem—” Jeonghan’s voice cracked. He tried to stop his sniffling. “Do you remember that time we went to London?”

Joshua held his hand, using what little strength he had left to squeeze it. “Which time? Our first time? Or the time we went with Jihoon and somehow you and him got so ed up on the beer?”

Shuddering, Jeonghan gave him small smile. “The time we got drunk as babe.” He kissed Joshua’s wrinkled hand.

“The good old days,” Joshua said, voice hoarse.

Jeonghan kissed him on the forehead. God. He remembered jokingly asking Joshua to make sure Jeonghan died first all those years ago. ‘I can’t live a second without you Shua. You have to see me go first.’

Joshua had laughed and promised. Jeonghan wasn’t kidding though. He knew that while Joshua would be heartbroken, he’d survive. Joshua was the backbone and Jeonghan always trusted him to be that unmovable rock. Jeonghan would snap.

Here he was though, losing Joshua first. . He’d lose his mind without his Shua.

 


 

“Rumor has it that the Dean’s son is taken,” someone murmured as they wrote in their notebook.

“Really? I heard that it was just a fling.”

“No. I heard it was serious. So serious that he was seen in a jewelry store getting a ring serious.”

Joshua said nothing, letting his ears get red in the back of the classroom. Did these people not know that voices carried? And rumors were true. Jeonghan was very taken. But that trip to the jewelry store wasn’t for an engagement ring. He was just getting Joshua a present.

 


 

“I don’t want to fall in love with him again,” Joshua snapped. He slammed his hands on the table. “It was stupid the first time and he broke my heart! What’s the use of loving him again?” He bared his teeth.

“How about you tell your heart that?”

Deflating, Joshua sat down, hunching in on himself. “I’ve been trying.” With shaky hands, he covered his face. “Why can’t he leave me alone? Why did ing Yoon Jeonghan have to come crashing back into my life?”