EP 5: Everything Will Be Fine

EXO Next Door + 3

THE MUSIC DIRECTOR turned off the recorder. Baekhyun removed his headset and bowed towards the music director. He keeps on making mistakes and seems to be out of focus. He heard a sigh coming from the music director as he went out of the recording room.

"Ahh. Baekhyun-ssi, I think you're just not feeling well today. Ja, I will schedule another recording for you tomorrow. Make sure to take a full rest today so you can record better tomorrow. Xiumin-ssi, go inside now and get ready."

"Alright." He answered and squeeze Baekhyun's left shoulder before going into the recording room.

Baekhyun gave another sigh as he went towards Chen who's sitting on the sofa. He slumps his body as he sat down.

"Minseok hyung already told you to not allow it to get into you that much." Chen scolded.

"Yah. I'm really not feeling well today. My body doesn't feel really good." He retorts.

"You know that if your mind thinks too much and is stressing too much about something, it will start to affect your body as well. Did you happen to stay up all night?" Chen questioned him again.

Baekhyun looks at Chen while his brows are furrowed. "What are you talking about?" He leaned his face closer to Chen. "Your loud voice will awaken the curiosity of other people here in this room. Minseok hyung also told us that this should just be between us, right? In case you cannot control your words at least, try to control your loud voice." He added.

Chen bowed down and mouthed "I'm sorry" before grinning at Baekhyun.

The door opened and both of them shifted their glace on the direction of the door. One of the assistants popped out. "Baekhyun-ssi, the car is now ready. We can go now so you can have most of this day to take a rest." She said and Baekhyun stood up, grabs his jacket, and wears it.

"Take a good rest. I'll just see you after we record. I'm going to wait for Minseok hyung. We'll be grabbing coffee before we go back to our dorm." Chen said and waved at Baekhyun. Baekhyun just nodded before he left the room.

AFTER A GREAT birthday party, things went back as usual in Yeonhee's house. Her mother asked her to clean the backyard where they held the party last night. Some EXO members did help her to clean last night but, her mother insisted that they shouldn't thoroughly do it as they will clean it the next morning. Turns out that her Mom will only have her clean the backyard herself.

"Aish!" she reacted as she scratched her head. "I even have to take out this trash bag!" she tried to lift it up and was surprised a bit. "This is heavy! How can a girl carry this out? GWANGSOO-YA!"

She tried pulling the trash bag instead as she calls for help from his brother. "GWANGSOO-YA! COME OUT YOU UGLY- KID AND HELP ME OUT HERE!" she shouted but no one answered her. Their house seems empty. She rolled her eyes upon realizing that Gwangsoo might have ditched her and went out to play elsewhere.

She continues to just pull the trash since she cannot even lift it. Before she leaves their backyard, her eyes landed on a black cloth on the ground near one chair that she haven't return inside their house yet. She let go of the trash bag and went to the cloth to pick it up.

"Whose jacket is this?" she lifts it up and checks the design. She tried to remember who among them are wearing this jacket last night.

"AHHH. This is Kyungsoo-ssi's jacket. I remember this peace sign-like design here." She said as she points out the design on the left chest part of the jacket. She glances over to the house next door. "I wonder if they are still there. I didn't hear any car sounds from next door."

She grabbed on the trash bag and drags it again while holding into D.O.'s jacket.

She pressed on the doorbell once. She tried to listen if some steps will be coming towards the door but after a minute, there's none. Her head tilted involuntarily. "I think they already left."

She heaved a sigh. "Is anyone still home?" she asked. After another minute, she still cannot hear any sound coming from the house. She sighed once again. She pressed on the doorbell and the door immediately opened.

She got surprised not only because of the door suddenly opening but also how grumpy his face looks while looking down at her. She wasn't able to speak.

"What?" he asked.

"Uhm... I... I just..."

"Come on, did you swallowed a fly? Why can't you speak straight?" He asked while sounding irritated.

She wasn't able to control her face and frowned at him. "It's too early to be in a bad mood. What's wrong with this giant grumpy guy." She thought.

He looks at what she is holding and looked back at her face. "Are you here to look for your boyfriend? He already left early in the morning. That guy is busy."

Yeonhee's brows furrowed some more. "What the hell is he talking about?" she again thought. "I don't have a boyfriend. And I don't know what you're pertaining to but I am here to return this jacket." She reached out the jacket to him. "I think that is Kyungsoo-ssi's jacket. I recalled him wearing that last night. Can you return that to him for me?"

Chanyeol grabbed the jacket from her hand and made a sigh. "I will." He crossed his arms and leaned his body against the door's frame and continues staring at him.

Yeonhee got confused even more. He should be shutting the door right into her face right now but, she thought, "What is this? Do I need to do or say something before he closes the door?"

"Uhm... thankㅡ"

"Did you happen to open your gifts?" he asked.

"Oh," she got startled because of his question. "I d-did. I did open them last night before I slept." She recalled the kind of gifts she received from EXO. Kai gave her a set of perfume, hand cream, and lotion. Sehun gave her a pink cap. Suho gave her a peach scarf and Lay gave her a small plushyㅡof him.

"What can you say about my gift?" he asked and smirked.

Yeonhee recalls his gift. It was a mini carousel music box that plays Rudolf the red nose reindeer.

"Is it necessary to ask for that? Your gift is so childish. But it's cute." She thought.

"It's cute. I think it will help me to relax if I'm stressed with studies. Thanks for that." She answered.

"I know what kinds of stuff a person like you likes. Anyway," he stood straight up again. "How's school?" he additionally asked.

"What the. All of a sudden he's asking me stuff like this? This guy is crazy."

"Uhm... since I am currently in my sophomore year in college, it's a bit tiring. Well, actually there's a long story on why I'm still at that level even if I'm already 24. Ahhhh. Long, long story." She said and waved her hand in front of her as a sign that she quite doesn't have time to tell it.

"I r-really need to go. I still have a lot of things to do. Bye." She said and quickly left his sight.

Chanyeol didn't stop her even if he still wants to talk to her. About random things. About her. About what she's up to lately. About how she is doing the past few days.

He heaved a sigh. "I'm just trying to create time to talk to you even if I know that it will be this awkward." He closed the door and went back in before he noticed the jacket in his hand. He threw it on one of the sofas.

"He forgot this? My a$$. If I knew that you purposely left this to see her early in the morning today, you just wasted your time. That Rudolf wakes up very late in the morning. Tch!" he went back to his room to prepare his things before leaving the house.

BAEKHYUN THINKS THAT returning home alone will just cause him to overthink some more. He tried sleeping but he just keeps on shifting from left to right trying to drift to sleep. He quickly sat up from lying and removed the blanket covering half of his body.

"Should I just avoid Suho hyung? Eyy. We have upcoming concerts." He tilted his head as a part of thinking. "Why is he trying to catch us about Yeonhee?" he sighed and bowed his head. "Whenever he looks at me I can't help but appear guilty. Because that's true!" He stood up on his bed. "THAT'S TRUE THAT I LIKE YEONHEE, TOO BUT WHY CAN'T I SHOW HOW I FEEL?!" he shouted in the air.

"Is that true?"

SO DOOMED, caught red-handed, he bravely looked back at the door to see Chen and Xiumin trying to suppress their laughter.

Baekhyun tightly shuts his eyes. He involuntarily held his chest and puffed a breath out. He started to hear Chen and Xiumin hysterically laughing.

Baekhyun opened his eyes and with his gritted teeth, he called. "KIM JONGDAE I'M GOING TO GRAB YOUR VOCAL CHORDS OUT!" he said and jumped out of his bed to chase Chen.

Chen ran for his life while chuckling and making sure to avoid being caught by Baekhyun who madly shouts his name. "WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?! YAH, KIM JONG DAE!"

"Hey kids, stop it now. It's getting messy in here." Xiumin said, frowning while gazing at the two.

The three of them, after Baekhyun calmed down, went out to grab some snacks that they can eat during this hot afternoon. They chose the table at a corner of the convenience store that is close to their dorm.

"Yah. Lately, I just noticed that Suho hyung is so concerned about Chanyeol and Kyungsoo." Chen asked after eating a teaspoon of his sundae.

Baekhyun and Xiumin looked at him. "Up until here? You want us to talk about Suho hyung?" Baekhyun asked.

"Well, based on our conversation, he is really concerned about the relationship between D.O. and Chanyeol. Chanyeol has been so grumpy lately. That's really not him if you'll notice. He also kinda gives cold treatment to Kyungsoo whenever they need to speak to each other. Meanwhile, it's nothing to Kyungsoo. He still normally tries to speak with Chanyeol." Xiumin explained.

"I think what Suho hyung is really concerned about is, this love triangle with ruin the friendship between Chanyeol and Kyungsoo." Chen said and went to dig his teaspoon on to his sundae.

"Well, if we will include Baekhyun, shouldn't it be a love-square?" Xiumin said suppressing his smile while also anticipating the reaction of the two.

As usual, Chen and Baekhyun sighed because of Xiumin's daddy joke. It's not even funny for them but this old hyung of theirs is grinning and proud that he threw out a joke like that.

Baekhyun heaved another sigh. "So, am I the only one who knows about Kai?" he thought. He immediately looked at his right side when Chen wrapped his left arm on his shoulders.

"Eyy. That's one thing that's giving it away. I know it will be hard but if you really want Suho hyung's eyes to get off of you as a 'SUSPECT'" he quotes and unquote in the air with his right hand, "you should just be your old self. Don't show him any weird action whether we're with Incheon-ttae or not. Don't do something like Chanyeol and Kyungsoo is doing. This is just a small piece of advice, though." He said and removed his arm from Baekhyun to finish eating his sundae.

"Also, Baekhyun-ah." Xiumin , who's sitting opposite to him, places his palm over his left shoulder. "Just focus on our Hey Mama. I think it's actually a great way of distracting you from any kind of thoughts related to her and the situation. Besides, we'll start getting busy for the repackage of our album."

Baekhyun nodded. "Well, you're right, hyung." He slowly shakes his head. "Wow, our schedule will be jam-packed. Remaining concert schedules, recording for CBX then our repackage album. I think I'll lose weight with our schedules."

"You do look thin today. So, I think cutting out things that you're thinking about will help you." Chen said and smiled at him.

Baekhyun just gave a weak smile and laugh. "Yeah, I think so. Maybe I just allowed myself to get so much distracted about her." He quickly sighed and smiled even more. "I'll do my best tomorrow."

YEONHEE WAS ONLY able to look from her window when Chanyeol finally went out of his grandfather's house, carrying a big backpack. He loudly closes the car's door then drove away from the house.

She sighed once again and shakes her head, trying to ignore the thought about him. "Study, study, study. I will need to continue getting good scores!" She energetically walked towards her studying table and pulled out her notes from her backpack. She was just able to open the front cover of her notebook when her phone rang.

Her eyes went rounded when she saw the name on her phone. "It's... K-Kai." She pressed on the answer.

"Noona! I thought you will not answer because you're busy." He said.

"Ahh. N-not really. Why did you call?" she asked.

"Yes, I want to invite you to our concert. I'm giving you a ticket. Are you free to meet today?" he asked.

She gasps. "OMO, IS HE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT." She thought. "YES! A-are you really going to give me a concert ticket?" she excitedly asked.

She heard Kai giggled. "Yeah! I want to give you a ticket. However, it will be on the 29th. Are you available that day?"

She furrowed her brows. "I have classes that day! Should I just skip my subjects? It's just for a day! This is a very rare chance that an EXO member is inviting me to their concert and I'm going to get a free ticket. Huhu." She pouted, quite not sure what to answer.

"Noona? Are you... busy that day?" he asked.

"Me? No! No, I'm not busy. Yes, I can definitely go! I will surely go. Hehe." She answered but mentally slaps her forehead. "Oh! By the way. You know my friend GaEun? Well, she's actually a fan of yours. Will it be fine if I'll bring her with me?" she asked.

"Y-your friend?" he paused for a moment. "S-sure! I think that's okay. I'll just get another ticket for her. Ah. You know what? I think it will actually be good if I'll accompany you to get the ticket for her. How about that?"

"SURE! THANK YOU! Thank you so much, Kai! I'm so excited I'll just see you later!" she happily answered.

"Alright! I'll just, message you the place. Let's meet there at 4 P.M. That's fine with you, right?" he asked.

"YES! Anything's fine! I'll just see you, bye!" Her phone made a beep indicating their call already ended.

"Should I tell this now to GaEun? Hmmn... I think, not yet. She might insist to go with us and, I don't want Kai to feel uncomfortable since, both of us are friends and he actually just met GaEun last night. Alright!"

Since it's almost lunchtime, she started preparing. She chooses over six outfits that she wants to wear for her meet-up with Kai later. She wanted to be as presentable as possible and of course, to match well with Kai. Although she thinks that is impossible because no ordinary fan will match with EXO member's fashion.

She decided to just wear an oversized yellow T-shirt and a long laced white skirt. She pulled out her new white sneaker that's a gift from her Mom.

        

"Yah, where are you going?" her mother asked as soon as she saw her approaching their dining table.

"Mom, I'll need to go to Seoul." She said and quickly sat down.

"W-what did you said? Seoul?" she checks her wristwatch. "Hey lady. Do you know how far Seoul is from our place? You might not be able to catch the last train going back home!" she shouts.

Yeonhee stops munching on her food and looks at her Mom. "AHH, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? Mom, I'm not a teenager anymore. I'm already a young adult and travel like this is just nothing. I can definitely go back home safe and sound." She replied and went back to eating.

"W-why are you going there anyway?" her Mom asked and sat down opposite to hers. "Are you meeting someone? Is it... Park Chan?"

Yeonhee paused for a moment. No, not because her mother just mentioned Chanyeol's nickname. It's normal now that she knows about Chanyeol that much. Her concern is what will be her mother's reaction about knowing that she will be getting a ticket for EXO's concert?

"I'm sure she will not allow me. Should I just use Chanyeol as an excuse?" she thought.

"Y-yeah. Him." She answered. She felt sweat rolling down her back and nape as she waits for her mother's answer. Suddenly her Mom's face went bright.

"IS THAT SO? Well, before you go," she stood up and grabs something from their refrigerator. "Here." She placed a small 2 layered bento box in front of her. She wraps it with a nice print purple cloth. "Give this to him. That's rice cakes that I made this morning. And don't you dare eat one!" she said. Before she left their dining room, she looked back at Yeonhee who's still trying to finish her food up.

"Also, make sure to go home early." And her Mom left.

"What the... what's with this rice cake? I don't even know where that grumpy guy is." She ate the last piece of meat from her bowl and quickly placed it in the sink. She checks herself from the mirror one last time before she left their house.

Yeonhee is unfamiliar with the café that Kai sent to her. Although he also sent a map on how to go there once she arrived at Seoul's station. She will need to travel for almost four hours but it doesn't matter as long as it will be for the free concert ticket. Not just one, but two!

While on the road, she recalled how she used Chanyeol's name as an excuse to go to Seoul. She's also sure that her mother doesn't have any means of communication with Chanyeol so that will be no problem for her. After an hour, she received a message and it was from Kai.

'Noona! I believe you're on your way now. Once you reached the café, please tell me. Someone will approach you and bring you to where I am. Also, just carry on with whatever scene she will make. That's for other people to not notice.'

"Ahh. He might be recognized if I ask the café's staff about where he reserved a table for us."

She raised her brows upon receiving another message.

'Also, can you describe what you're wearing right now? So I can also tell the person who will pick you up later. Or, if it's possible, can you take a picture?'

"Taking a picture will be easier." She said. She extended her phone to make her clothes as visible as possible and simply smiled. She sends the picture and wrote a message.

'I am wearing a yellow T-shirt. Don't mind my face, I look ugly. Hehe.'

She immediately received a reply from him.

'Eyy. What are you talking about? You look really cute!'

Ahhhh.

She foolishly smiled but immediately realized that she's on a public train so she covered her face with her hair. "Aish! This is embarrassing! What will these people say if they saw me with my red cheeks? I really hate that I was born with this!" she rants on her thoughts.

After another hour, she finally arrived at Gyeodae station through Seoul's Metro. She took her way to Line 2's Exit 5 and walked while adoring the stores that she can see on her way.

She stops at the corner of the street and reads the name of the café. "Ka-mong. AH! This must be it!" she excitedly went inside the café.

(LOL, I spent about an hour searching for the way hahaha this is legit coming from Yeonhee's house at Gyeonggi-do to Kamong at Seocho-gu at Seoul! It will be 3hours + travel time. It's so far!)

She was surprised at how many customers this café has. The staffs are busy so she tried to sit down first on one of the vacant chairs and took a quick rest.

"Kai said that someone will pick me up, how will I know?" she thought and seconds later, one of the staff approached her. "Omo, is she going to take my order? B-but, I don't think I should."

"Annyeong! Yeonhee-ssi, you're finally here!" she pulled Yeonhee to stand up and gave her a short hug. She got surprised because she doesn't know her and she just gave her a hug! But she looks familiar.

"I'll bet you're so tired traveling from your place to get here. Let's go up! I've reserved the second floor just for us." She added and she led the way while holding her hand.

Her thoughts are juggling about who this girl was. She is sure that it is her first time meeting her but she really looks familiar. She thought that, maybe she is one of the staff that EXO is with when they went to China or, maybe one of her high school friends? Or maybe one of her relatives and she just happened to work for this café where Kai wanted to meet her.

"AH! I remember what he said! He said to just continue and carry on with what she will do." She thought and in no-time, they reached the second floor of the café where she saw Kai who just lifted his head and looks at their direction.

"Noona! Here!" he smiled and raised his right hand. Both of them went towards Kai who's sitting at the table near the corner of the second floor.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I'll need to cut it here hehe~

I dunno how will I put a title for this chapter hahahah

Yey, I was able to update again HAHAHHAHA I'm trying to update this and my other EXO fanfic story which is 12 first kisses. That story is already complete but I am adding what-ifs meaning, additional 12 chapters ^^ I hope you can pay that one a visit, too!

'Till next time :D

BOW.