PROLOGUE

EXO Next Door + 3

Yeonhee stretched her arms upward as she had a glimpse of the sunset when she got out of their school building. She smiled at how beautiful the day welcomed her outside their school's building. The sky was looking pretty in colors orange, yellow, and a tint of red.

"Yeonhee-ya, I'll go now! Mom is rushing me to go home early today." GaEun heaved a sigh while shaking her head. "I don't like family gathering that much." She added.

Yeonhee smiled at her friend and tapped her shoulders after. "Ppalli, go. This doesn't often happen so, I think you should just enjoy that gathering."

GaEun frowned. Her shoulders slumped down as she lazily waved goodbye to Yeonhee, before she started to walk away.

Yeonhee watched GaEun's back, until GaEun turned left to the corner of the street.

Yeonhee faced front, preparing to cross the street as she puts her earphones to listen to some good music to brighten the day even more. Before she could even take a step forward, a force took her left hand, stopping her from crossing the street. She immediately looked back, puzzled on what was that. Whoㅡrather.

The man was wearing their school's uniform. His face was covered with a black mask. He also wears a black baseball cap to hide his face some more.

"Eyyy. I told you to inform me if you're coming." She said. She lightly wriggled her hand that he's holding and he gently let go of it.

"Did I scare you? Sorry then. I did not mean to do that." He replied.

"Oh, no. It's okay. I'm just a bit surprised. By the way, where did you got our school's uniform? It's uncomfortable, isn't it?" Yeonhee squinted on the uniform that he's wearing.

"Nope. This is totally fine." He answered with an upbeat tone.

"Your school uniform is a bit hot to wear. It's irritating."

"Ahhh. I see." She nodded a few times. "By the way, are we... going somewhere?"

He pulled the black mask down, letting Yeonhee to see how bright his smile is. "Yes. If you have free time, I wanted to go somewhere with you."

He goes to her every time he is free. He spends his free time with her.

He waits for her. He never makes her wait.

He visits her even though right now, he is basically living far away from her place.

He does things with effort for her. He surprises and makes her happy in every way that he can.

He is extra busy. But his hectic schedules don't stop him from making time, just for her.

He deserves her. And she knows that this guy deserves everything good as well. Might be from her. Maybe, her. But at the back of her mind...

"I don't want to think of you anymore. Stop popping up in my mind, grumpy guy."