For All That Is Present, There Is A Past

Don’t Be Happy

Solar let out a shy smile as a herd of reporters crowded around her. She was overwhelmed with how fast media people worked. She literally just got off the plane. 

She just came back from her trip to New York, as she was one of the famous singers picked to go to the K-Pop Convention. 

Hwasa, her duo member, was lucky enough to get an earlier flight to Seoul and was able to avoid the press. 

Her company likes to accommodate the press so whenever she was crowded, she was obliged to stop and talk to them. She didn’t mind, the reporters were mostly nice, they were just a little pushy. 

For example, there was a reporter shoving a mic at Solar’s face. Despite that she looked at them as if she was wasn’t bothered at all.

“Solar-ssi, how was New York?” The report asked eagerly.

Before she could answer her bodyguard pushed everyone back but let them stay near to ask questions. Solar internally sighed in relief. Now she was actually smiling genuinely.

“It was amazing! And my fans in America are also very amazing. It was great to see them in person.” She smiled thinking of her fans.
“Where’s Hwasa-ssi? Why aren’t you together? Are you fighting?” Another reporter countered next.

Solar laughed at that. “Yeah she took my favorite neck pillow and now we’re fighting.” She joked and the reporters laughed with her. “She took an earlier flight because she has a schedule later today and wanted to get some rest in.”

More questions were asked. Until they steered off topic. 

“Solar-ssi, there’s a rumor going around that you were friends with actress Moonbyul, is that true?” A reporter said out of nowhere.

Solar was got caught off guard with the mention of her old friend but recovered fast. “I’m not sure where that rumor came from but…yes…we were good friends.”

Her answer threw the reporters into a frenzy. 

“Were good friends? Are you not friends anymore?”

“Do you still talk?” 

“How did you guys become friends?” 

Solar gave a nervous laugh. “Um…Moonbyul-ssi and I were actually friends in high school. And as any friendship can go, we drifted apart. Especially if you have different goals in your career…but she seems very happy and doing more than well in her career. And I’d like to think my career is doing well too…” 

Reporters nodded and smiled at her last statement. “How are you and Eric-ssi?”

Once again, Solar internally sighed for the change of topic. She smiled as she proceeded to accommodate the reporters.
.
.
.
.
.

In a luxurious Condo:

A silver-haired girl was lying on the couch, on her side, lazily flipping through the channels on her flat-screen television.

She flipped through them until she saw a familiar face. 

“—wanted to get some rest in.” The girl on screen answered.

The girl on the couch sat up and watched the Tv with an unreadable expression. The silver-haired girl knew it wouldn’t do her any good to keep watching so she decided to change the channel. She raised her remote until she heard her name mentioned in a question.

“Solar-ssi, there’s a rumor going around that you were friends with actress Moonbyul, is that true?” A reporter said out of nowhere.

The girl on the couch studied the girl on the screen as she noticed Solar freeze up at the name and recover quickly.

At the same time, her front door opened and revealed her favorite person, who called out her name in excitement. “Byuliieee~”

She let go of the remote and hugged the person over the couch, half her body still on the couch. “Puppy~” 

Wheein laughed at her girlfriend’s greeting, but she didn’t miss the title on the screen.

'MOONBYUL & SOLAR, FRIENDS?'

Solar’s voice sounded out the tv speaker “I’m not sure where that rumor came from but…yes… we were good friends.” 

Moonbyul grabbed the remote and turned off the tv. She turned to Wheein, who was behind the couch, so Moonbyul was in a kneeling position on the couch facing Wheein.

“Hey~ I was watching.” Wheein pouted.

Moonbyul laughed softly at her expression. “I’m more interested in you~” she gave Wheein a wink.

Wheein rolled her eyes and covered Moonbyul’s face.

“You say the sweetest things in the greasiest voice.” Wheein said showing her amusement.

Wheein loved everything Moonbyul did, but she couldn’t let the actress’s head grow bigger. 

“You love it~” Moonbyul said in a soft teasing tone, taking Wheein’s hands into her own.

Wheein looked at their joined hands and smiled. She couldn’t help it when she felt how soft the hands holding her own were. “Maybe~” She gave Moonbyul a peck on the cheek.

Moonbyul grinned in response. Wheein fell into Moonbyul’s spell as she stared at her. Moonbyul’s face wrinkled around her nose and her dimples revealed themselves on top of her cheeks. It was just so adorable. 

Moonbyul laughed and gently poked her staring girlfriend’s cheek. “Wheein?”

“Mhm?” Wheein replied distractedly. Moonbyul had stopped grinning but she was still an amazing sight, especially up close.

“Not that I mind it but…why is your lovely presence here?” Moonbyul asked as she tucked a hair behind the younger girl’s ear. “I thought you had a schedule to go to?” 

Moonbyul and Wheein are from the same company. That's how they actually became friends and eventually more. 

Wheein nodded. “I did... but my manager said that it was canceled because the main person was caught in a scandal, so he decided to cancel the mini-concert.” 

Wheein suddenly remembered she was carrying a plastic bag. She lifted it for the silver-headed girl to see. 

Moonbyul curiously raised her eyebrows and slighty tilted her head. 

“Tteokboki~!” The dimpled girl smiled at her girlfriend. 

Moonbyul grinned and jumped off the couch to hug her favorite person. “You’re the best!!” 
.
.
.
.
.

In another luxurious Condo: 

“HYEJIN-AH~ I’m home~” Solar said as she took off her shoes.

A voice answered, “LIVING ROOM, UNNIE~!” 

That’s where she found Hwasa lying still on the couch like a corpse.

Yongsun giggled and poked her cheek. “Are you ok?”

Hyejin sat up in response, “I was just contemplating if I should wait for you or order food for myself, but since you’re here~~~” she grinned at Yongsun. “Unnie~, can you order some food~?”

Yongsun raised an eyebrow at the younger girl who just grinned at her. She let out a small laugh and finally nodded. “Yeah, yeah.” 

She had changed and she gave it a few hours until she decided to order food. She called their favorite place and asked for their regular food, jjajjangmyun, sweet and sour pork. Then she was just waiting for their doorbell to ring. 

When it did, behind the door was their manager holding their order. Their manager had a frown on her face. “Really?” Their manager said incredulously.

Yongsun and their manager had parted ways at the airport because the manager wanted to change and take a shower before the day started. Before they parted though, she had advised Yongsun not to splurge on food again. Which she found out as soon as she got on the elevator that they didn’t listen again. She sent the delivery boy away as soon as she found out it was for the girls.

At least, it’s not as much as last time.’ Manager-unnie thought. 

“I’ll let it go this time.” Manager unnie said in defeat. 

Yongsun had squealed in delight. And if manager-unnie listened closely, she could hear a scream in a low tone. Which came closer as Hyejin came to the door. “Yeeeeeeaaaah!!” 

Manager unnie just laughed and laid on their couch as the girls attacked the food. She was about to close her eyes. 

“Yongsun-ah, I just remembered, you know how we were looking for a drama for your acting debut?”

She heard low ‘mhm?’ 

So she continued, “We found one that would suit you.” 

Yongsun actually responded properly, interested in the topic. “What’s it about?”

Manager-unnie looked sheepish. “Well, I know you don’t want to come out yet, but we all thought that this would give you an opportunity if you decide to come out later on.” 

Yongsun was confused, “C-Come out? As in…come out of the closet?”

Manager unnie nodded, but immediately said, “You don’t have to...just...if you got into the drama you could come out of the closet if you want to.” 

Yongsun just stared at her, not really understanding why getting into the drama would be an opening to come out to her fans. 

“Its just because the love interests are...only girls. The story is about two girls who fall in love, break up and meet again in the future to work together...” Manager unnie sighed. “They thought if you chose to be in this drama and landed a role, it would pave way for you in the future when you chose to reveal that part of yourself.” 

Yongsun bit her lip and nodded, finally understanding. Also, hearing the storyline of the drama hit a chord and caused a tear in her heart to reveal itself to her. She knew she wasn’t over the past, but it didn't stop her from ignoring the feelings when it comes.

Manager unnie finally laid back and closed her eyes. “Tell me when you guys are done so I can take Hyejin to her schedule today.”

“De~” Hyejin responded. 

Hyejin took a chopstick full of noodles, and grabbed a piece of pork. She noticed her unnie was staring at the food. “Unnie?” 

The older girl somewhat snapped out of her thoughts, “Yeah?” 

“Are you ok?” The younger girl asked cautiously. She knew unnie’s past, she was there for it. She was a friend to both of them, but she was away for that incident. When she came back, the next thing she knew, Byuli-unnie changed her number, and dropped out of school. Even though, a guy named Jongdae had asked unnie out, Yongsun-unnie was a total mess. 

Yongsun slowly nodded and gave her dongsaeng a small smile. “Yeah, I was just thinking...” She grabbed a piece of pork and ate it. 

“About?” Hyejin continued with more caution. 

“Byul.” Yongsun said 

“Oh…” Hyejin trailed off, not knowing how to continue the conversation with her unnie.

Yongsun snapped out of her thoughts as she realized even her dongsaeng wasn’t eating. “Anyways~! Let’s eat, manager-unnie with be mad if you’re late to your schedule again.”

Hyejin just nodded and followed suit, she didn’t want to upset her unnie any further. 
.
.
.
.
.

When Hyejin left:

Solar was lazily lying on the couch, staring at the ceiling. She was pondering whether to do the drama. 

On one side, she knew she would do well because she would know the feelings so well she would be able to express them. On the other side, feeling those feelings would bring all the pain and memories back. 

She sighed, she sat up and grabbed the remote. The first thing she sees is the person she’s dreading to think about. 

Moon Byulyi. 

She was on Entertainment Weekly, Star Date. 

She was walking with millions of fans following her on the streets. 

Her nose muscles showed as she grinned at the host. “It’s a secret~” She said teasingly, looking straight at the camera. 

The girl on the couch sighed as she remembered the smile that used to be aimed at her. She missed it and thought about it a lot. 

She knew it then and she’s being remind right now how pretty Byulyi was and currently is. 

“Oh come on, Moonbyul, everyone is dying to know if you’re seeing anyone special!” The host prodded. 

Moonbyul just let out a a little chuckle and turned to the crowd, “WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW?” She politely screamed into the crowd. 
The camera captured everyone nodding simultaneously, expecting an answer. 

“ME TOO!!” Moonbyul screamed cheekily to the crowd. 

A lot of the crowd playful boo’d, some frowned, and some actually smiled and laughed along with the actress. 

Though Yongsun was curious, she couldn’t help but smile at the girl on screen, remembering how the silver-haired girl was in high school. 

Yongsun suddenly shook her head. “I’m supposed to be over her…” 

She turned off the TV, and went back to her previous position. Once again staring at the ceiling.

Was that a sign?’ She asked herself. ‘Does that mean I should do the drama?

She sat up once again, “I should.” She said out loud this time. “I will…For myself…Maybe this is the way I forget…” 

.
.
.
.
.

Inside MBC Building:
 
Opening the door, revealing a smiling Moonbyul. 

“Annyeonghasaeyo~” Moonbyul said bowing respectfully.

The producer smiled at the mere presence of Moonbyul. “Hey, welcome! What can I do for you, my main star?” 

Moonbyul grinned at that. “I actually came to ask a favor…” she said hesitantly.

“If I can do it, why not?” The producer smiled at Moonbyul like he was his daughter.

“I actually have a potential actress as my co-star…” Moonbyul said carefully.

The producer just nodded and listened intently. 

“Jung Wheein…” Moonbyul finally said with caution.

The producer’s forehead scrunched in thought. “Isn’t she that solo singer?” 

Moonbyul nodded, “She is, but our company is looking for dramas for her to act in, and I thought, ‘what a better way for her to start than with me!’” 

“Why with you?” The producer smirked, already knowing the answer. 

Moonbyul blushed, “She’s my…girlfriend.” 

The producer grinned at that, “Well, I can tell you we’ll add her to the audition, but I can’t promise you anything, Byul-ah” 

Moonbyul grinned and nodded. “No-No, of course! I wasn’t expecting any special treatment…I just wanted you to consider her.” 

The producer nodded in understanding, the actress never pushed or changed anything with how the producer worked. She just followed his lead. That’s why he liked the girl, she was humble and polite. 

“I do understand the appeal though, you guys will already have chemistry so it won’t be hard to create. That would be good.” The producer said smiling. “Well then, we have more auditions tomorrow, tell her to come prepared!” 

Moonbyul nodded and bowed, “Thank you!” 

She smiled, waved and bowed once more before she left the room. 

The producer sat down. He had been working with Moonbyul since her debut, and the girl was overflowing with talent. He wasn’t sure she knew though. 

“Let’s see how it all works out~” He said kicking his feet up and leaning back.