Chapter Seven

The Purity Mourners

-
`C h a p t e r    S e v e n . . .

"The Mark Of A Demon"

Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.
Nora Roberts

Soundtrack for part one, please click here !



Skye walked down the hall and gripped tightly to her arm. Her mind seemed to blur, and she slowly opened her eyes; blood was splattered across the floor, and her hands were tainted red. She pinched the bridge of her nose to suppress the shooting pain that continued to grow stronger. "Ugh..." she groaned as her hand crawled to her shoulder. Her finger nails dug into her skin, as if she were scratching the pain away. She threw open the bathroom door and slammed her back against the wall, trying to counter the pain but nothing worked. Skye walked over to the mirror and tugged at her shirt, as it fell to the ground she watched the words carve themselves into her skin, and dragons slowly appear onto her body. This wasn't a normal cut. It was a tattoo.

She pulled back on her clothes and slid to the floor, and rested the back of her head against the tiled wall. The cold touch relaxed her muscles, and the pain seemed to subdue slightly.

She recalled her conversation with Seulong and sighed deeply.

***

“This…is where we do all of our Demon sealing and experimentations.” He said, gesturing to the disfigured Demon parts pickled in jars. “What do you need my assistance with today?”

Skye awkwardly lifted the back of her shirt to show him the mark. Seulong knitted his eyebrows together. “This is bad…this is goes beyond bad. Tell me…were you bitten recently?” he asked.

She looked at him weirdly, and suddenly recalled the piercing feeling she felt as her legs entered the vortex. Skye contemplated whether this was related or not, and decided to tell him anyways, "well... during the fight in regards to Leviathan... I was placed in the sacrificial hatch and... I think there was a bite? I'm not too sure, but it pierced my leg." She cleared . "It should be right around here," she pulled up the ends of her pants to show her leg.

On her skin laid a long gnash that ripped at her skin and around the wound the flesh grew a black color. Her eyes widened at the sight and she watched as the area of black grew larger.

Seulong eyes widened in panic, and he hurried over to his cupboard and pulled out a vile and struggled unscrewed the cork. He poured it over her exposed leg, and Skye began to cry in pain. "Yah! Seulong!" She shouted at the top of her lungs. "That hurts like a ing !" She yelled at him.

He was pushed back and pressed gauze over her wound, and she glared at him while wincing in pain.

"! What was that?" She cursed, while biting on her tongue to hide the painful expression that itched to appear across her face.

His eyes looked up and he gave her a look, "that… that was holy water." He breathed.

Skye's eyes squinted in confusion. "H-Holy water? Holy water doesn't hurt. Don't lie to me Seulong!" She shouted, but nearly lost her balance as the pain washed over her once more.

Seulong held out a hand, and held her up.

"I'm not lying Skye." He spoke honestly.

She gave him a look, "then why the does it h--." She cut herself off and remembered the stories her mother had told her as a child. "It can't be... I've only heard myths." She breathed. "I... couldn't have been..." She trailed, reaching up to her back and trailed her fingers along the line of pain.

He dropped his head slightly, "Skye... it's true. I can't do anything to prevent it. And that thing is already taking over your body. I can only stop the outward appearance. The source of it is already buried deep within you." He let go of the gauze and wrapped bandages tightly around her open injury.

She looked at him in disbelief. "No way..."

***

She rested her head on her arm and breathed deeply, feeling the excruciating pain that burned on her shoulder blade. She crawled out of the washroom and straightened her clothes. She quickly trotted down the hall, almost as if she was being chased. Her movements stopped as she noticed a pair of feet in front of her own. She raised her head to see Cheondung. "Cheondung-ah..." she trailed, and quickly tugged at her cardigan; making it cover more of her exposed skin. Her eyes averted his gaze and she looked towards the ground while she spoke. "What are you doing here?" She asked softly.

Cheondung pulled her to look at his face. He say her eyes travel away from him, and immediately he had sensed something was wrong. "What are you hiding from me, Yunji?" He asked, his voice was husky.

Skye pulled her chin from his grasp, and turned away again. She held tightly to her elbow. "N-Nothing..." she stammered. “Why would you think such a thing?" She automatically cringed as the pain grew and made its way up to her neck. She struggled to fight against it, but it was almost as if, the more she fought, the more she would lose her senses.

He grabbed her shoulders, and began to shake her. “Yunji, something’s wrong. I know it.” He shook her once more, and she saw his eyes grow worried. "It’s not like you to be looking away from me when I'm speaking. What's wrong?" He pressed on.

She pushed him away from her, his touch left a burning sensation run through her body. She grew anxious and a heavy feeling began to sit in her stomach. Her mind was growing weak and her vision began to blur. "Nothing! Cheondung, stop worrying!" She snapped, and looked down to see the gauze she had dropped. Skye slowly picked it up and held tightly to the chain around her neck.

Cheondung breathed angrily, and he felt himself become frustrated. He couldn’t argue with Skye, but he definitely couldn’t make her tell him what she was feeling either. "Fine. If that's how you feel then I won't show my face in front of you anymore." He spoke sternly and walked past her; his shoulder brushing past hers.

Skye looked at the empty spot in front of her and she breathed deeply. Her knees gave way and she finally let go of her shirt which unraveled a black design that was imprinted on her flesh. "Cheondung-ah... I'm sorry...” She panted heavily as the pain overtook her body.

As soon as it had disappeared, she had recollected herself and stood up.

Her lips parted as she drew in one last breath. "Chaehee," Skye thought hard to herself, suppressing the hint of pain she might give away.

"Yeah?" She responded, while sensing something wrong with her parabatai.

The feeling was weak, but she couldn't understand why.

***

Soundtrack for part two, please click here !

"Narsha," Cheondung called after her, and bowed softly as he approached the desk. "I’m sorry to have called you so suddenly. I was supposed to have a council meeting, but… Yunji's been acting weird, is there... something that you didn't foresee? Or maybe... something that slipped by us?" He tilted his head to the side.

Narsha looked up from her screen and gave him a small smile. "I didn’t gather enough time to see what was wrong... As soon as she finished talking to Seulong, she ran out of here. Almost… Almost as if she was being chased by someone." She shrugged, and looked through her paper work.

He breathed and made his way past her. He looked through the portal that was still open. "Seulong's here right?" He raised an eyebrow.

Narsha looked at him, and nodded. She brought the pen up to and began to chew it lightly, "yeah he is. But Thunder, it's not the best time to see him though, he's kind of lost his mind. I don't know why, but after Yunji visited him... they both began to act weird." She stood up slowly and stretched an arm out.

Cheondung ignored her and quickly brushed her hand away. He continued to tread through the portal. As soon as he saw the light at the far end, he slowly crawled his way though, his staves holding open the entrance. His eyes scanned the place for Seulong but he was nowhere to be found. But what he could see had shocked him.

The laboratory was completely trashed. The curtains that draped the windows were ripped, and the windows themselves were smashed open. Machines were barely left untouched, in fact blood was splattered across them and the wires were ripped off. His eyes trailed to the side and he could see the metal cabinets were scratched at, and the doors themselves were either bent in or ripped off the hinges. He hesitantly made his way around the room; avoiding the glass that coated the floor, and he saw a pool of blood in the middle of the room. "What...?" He trailed off and touched it. "Blood?"

"Skye's." Seulong informed him. Cheondung turned around to see him, his clothes tattered, and his face scratched at. Blood was seeping through the fabric that could barely hold onto his body, and in his hand was a metal vile.

Suddenly he felt himself pinned to the wall, and the impact sent a dent through the wood. Seulong gave a pained expression as more pressure was added to his fresh wounds.

"You bastard! What'd you do to her?!" Cheondung yelled, sending Seulong a shock.

Seulong struggled to pushed him off of his body and he pulled up the vile, revealing the red liquid in it. "This is the first time I’ve seen you lose your temper Thunder. You need to control your emotions; especially if the situation includes Skye." He breathed. His vile shook in his hands. "I had to take a sample, and see if what was what we thought was true, was really true." He spoke and walked towards a machine that was untouched and unnoticed. “And as you can see…” He paused as he struggled to find and unharmed beaker. “This damage came from Skye.”

Cheondung stepped back and watched him as he pushed what was left of his lab coat off his body and placed the blood onto a tray. "What... Why is Yun-- Skye's blood everywhere?" He asked.

Their eyes met, and Cheondung had noticed the faint blood shot color that coated the whites of his eyes. "If I had suspected correctly..." Seulong trailed and looked up at Cheondung. "Skye... she was..." He breathed; tears about to break free.

***

She winced in pain as the water washed over the mark left on her skin. Her eyes trailed down to her hands, and they blurred in an instant. "What is happening to me?" Skye cried as she punched at the tile walls. Her head dropped and she felt it became harder to breath.

Her body crouched down and she wrapped her arms around her legs while she waited for the lump in to disappear.

Cheondung, I'm so sorry, she breathed and stood up. She turned off the shower and took one more breath before she walked out.

She closed the door behind her and pulled a towel over her body.

There was a warm hand that grabbed her as soon as she left the washroom and pinned her to the bed, and she looked up to see Hyunseok. "Yah, Hyunseok! What are you doing?" She complained, squirming under his grasp.

He smirked as he looked down at her, "I'm punishing you for what you said back there." He kissed her cheek softly.

Skye's vision blurred and she blinked quickly. Hyunseok looked at her oddly, but watched her.

Nothing changed, but as it slowly adjusted itself she saw a number check on his chest that read, "∞" and she questioned it oddly.

"Yah, Hyunseok-ah. What's that on your chest?" She asked abruptly and stared at his face.

He looked down and saw nothing, "what are you talking about, Yunji?" He raised an eyebrow.

She turned to see it disappear and she shook her head. Skye looked to the side, "nothing. Nevermind." She breathed.

Hyunseok leaned down and kissed Skye lightly. He inched his hands towards her head, and played with her hair. "What's wrong?" He asked softly.

Skye sat up; wiping in the process and held up the towel to cover her body completely. "You need to stop touching me when you feel bored." She rolled her eyes. "You always kiss me like it's normal, it's really gross," she breathed and stood up. "Now, if you’d excuse me… I have to go and apologize to Cheondung right now," she gave him one more look and walked towards her closet.

He chased after her, "Yunji, I'm sorry! I just--" he pulled at her towel, and it slipped from her grasp. He saw the black markings run over her body, and he was about to scream.

She immediately clasped her hand over his mouth and panted heavily as the mark was exposed to his skin; causing a shooting pain to run through her veins.

Her hand removed itself from his face and she looked over at him, "Hyun-- Don't you dare tell a soul. Otherwise, I will never speak to you again." She threatened, and picked up her towel. Hyunseok nodded. Skye pulled away her hand. She dried herself off and quickly pulled on a pair of clothes.

"What was that?" He questioned in shock.

Skye breathed and tied up her hair. "Nothing... don't worry about it." She gave him a weak smile and ran out the door.

***

Soundtrack for part three, please click here !

Storm walked casually down an empty roadside. She came to an abrupt stop as she heard the crunching footsteps of a creature that was clearly much larger than herself.

Her head snapped towards the sound and she looked up at the ugly creature, and scoffed. "Aim... The Great Duke of Hell. What did I do to receive such a visit?" She spoke non-chalant and went about with her walk. The shuffle of the demon's footsteps were echoing throughout their surroundings, and she sheathed her sword. "What... do you want?" She growled under her breath, angrily.

The low vibration in the air came from the demon's laughter and the sound grew louder and louder until he could no longer laugh any longer. He peered down at the tiny girl -- well, tiny from his perspective -- and crouched down. "Bring me to the 'chosen one' who will bring destruction to this planet..." He smiled, his sharp teeth gaping at her.

She took a step back and held her sword in a battle position.

"The Chosen one? Of whom do you speak?" A girl appeared at the far end, her ancient dialect coming out fluently.

Aim looked at the girl and smirked, his nostrils letting out smokes of air. He curled his toes into the soil and dug his fingers until they latched to the ground. "The Chosen one has arrived," he smirked, running his tongue over his abnormally large teeth.

Storm ran to her and pulled at her sweater. "Skye! What's wrong with you? Why did you come?" She asked, shaking her roughly. "What's this about The Chosen one?"

She ignored her and stepped around her. Her fingers laced with a silver chain that laid on her neck. "I just got this necklace from Donghae... I never expected to take it off again," she breathed. She unlatched the hook and pressed it into her pocket. A white light hit her and took over her body, until she was covered in an armor.

In her hand laid a red sword and she held it to block Storm.

"Stand back!" She demanded, her figure was shaking; and her knees would give away any second. "If he touches you... even a strand of your hair while it's attached to your head... Not only will you die..." Skye looked at her. "Lucifer will be released." She swung her sword, fire bursting from the metal. "Aim is no ordinary demon. He's extremely powerful, and rules over twenty-six legions of demons." She raised her weapon, but suddenly stopped. "Aim... is a demon who specializes in fire..." She trailed, and suddenly realized she had made a mistake.

The demon snorted, and laughed heartedly. "That's right! That measly sword will do you no good!" He placed his hand on his stomach as he tried to suppress his chuckles.

As soon as Skye's sword hit the ground he launched after her, and she quickly re-equipped to her giant sword.

She swung it violently at the creature, but no matter how fast she was, he was ten times faster. Skye fell to her knees and bit her lip hard until it started to bleed and realized Aim was no longer in front of her. She snapped her head towards Storm who stood back as she was toold and Skye quickly ran towards her. "Chaehee! Get out of the way!" She screamed and pushed her partner onto the floor.

There was a cracking sound.

Aim stood over them and laughed once more. "Two in one shot? What a treat!" He smiled and reached towards them.

Storm attempted to stand up, but pain ran through her leg and she clutched at it to suppress the feeling that began to grow. "Yunji, I can't walk." She panted slightly looking at her leg.

I don't have time to heal her, and I don't have time to run away... She thought to herself as she watched the giant hand come down towards them. Chaehee... I won't let you die... I definitely won't let you die!

Her body began to move on its own until she was cross-legged and her hands rested on her knees. Her eyes shut and she breathed in and out slowly, and suddenly opened her eyes. The trees began to rot and the ground began to grow soft. Aim roared as he was pushed down into the ground, his body being eaten away.

"Just one touch on the demon carrier and I'll win!" He cried, and stretched out his arm.

A pounding headache crept into Skye's scalp and she scratched heavily, opened as she shouted horrific calls and she looked towards Storm. "Get... down," her voice was low and Storm quickly flew to the ground.

Suddenly a black wave flushed through the vicinity and Aim screamed in agony. His body fell to the floor with a loud sound and Skye fell to her knees, her hands cupping her eyes.

Everything was dead, even the grass that was still bright green had turned into a moldy brown color.

Storm looked up, and saw the demon on the ground, his eyes completely white and his body limp. "Skye... what... did you just do?" She asked, stepping closer while hesitating.

She breathed and hung her necklace around her neck once more. "Nothing," she gave her a false smile.

Storm returned a look and crossed her arms, "I'm not buying it." She raised an eyebrow. "I've let everything slide, but this this is different."

Skye breathed and puled back a strand of hair to show her family number. "Do you remember my number?" She sat in front of Storm and pressed her hands on the injury.

"2 31573 55210 7" She recited at the top of her head.

As soon as her leg was healed, Skye turned her head and Storm read '2 31543 56210 7' and gave her a look. "You... tampered with black magic?" She growled.

They sat in front of each other and Skye breathed. "Yes, I have. Countless amounts of times, but there was always a reason for it." She justified herself.

"Whatever the reason, there is no right reason to use it!" Storm argued.

There was look on Skye's face, and she her lips in aggravation. "I'm sorry. I didn't tell you, because I've been practicing it for a bit. I've used it when it was necessary." She spoke firmly and stood up, walking away.

"Don't you dare walk away from me, Yunji!" Storm shouted.

She turned around and gave her a small chuckle. "Go tell the council if you want. I had no intention of keeping this life anyways." Skye gave her one last look and disappeared into the darkness.

"Yunji!" Storm called.

There was no response.

***

Soundtrack for part four, please click here !

Skye walked down a mysterious path and slowly felt her head drop in exhaustion. As she pushed through the doors everyone had stopped what they were doing, giving her their greetings. She gave a weak smile before scanning through the room. "Hey... Where's Cheondung?" She asked as they all observed her actions.

Evidently they shrugged considering that they were either put to sleep or he went on another job.

She breathed angrily and walked out, not before punching the door off its hinges.

As she made her way to the middle of the town, the lights all shut off. Skye whipped her head around to see Cheondung making his way towards her and she oepned so that the air would easily go through her airway. "Cheondung-ah." She called.

He looked up at her and folded her into his arms. "You idiot. Why didn't you say a word?" He mumbled softly and dug his head into her shoulder.

"Told you what?" Skye gave him an odd look, but her eyes that began to glisten with tears gave her away.

Cheondung reached behind her and she arched her back.

"Don't... don't touch me!" She cried.

His hand grazed the exposed skin and a stinging feeling overtook her body. Almost as if it was an open wound that was rubbed in salt.

Her body cringed and sway away from him until she fell to the floor. "You... didn't just touch me." She cursed under her breath. She coughed roughly until blood spat onto her hands. Skye looked up at Cheondung. "You soaked your hands in holy water didn't you?.

He breathed. "I had no other choice. I had to verify it somehow, Yunji." He turned around and clenched his hand into a fist. "After all the years spent together, do you still not trust me?" He bit his lip before he yelled at her.

"Don't you dare say that! I did no harm to you!" She snapped.

Cheondung gave her a look. "No harm? You hadn't spoken of this even though you had known for so long. The demon blood has arised now, and is mixing itself with your D.N.A," he said softly.

Skye rolled her hands into a fist and felt her want to cry. She chewed on her inner lip, "what about you?! After all those damn long years, you never spoke to me about anything! Not you family! Not your friends! Nothing!" She cried. "What was I supposed to say? Oh, Cheondung... I'm about to die. I'm about to have a demon harbour my own body rather than myself? Are you crazy?!"

His eyes didn't avert their gaze and his body did not budge

"Yunji... you've never considered my feelings about your well-being have you? I never spoke to you about me, because I can't. And I don't think I'll be able to." His voice was calm but it seems as if he was nervous about something.

Her fist tightened until her knuckles turned white and she turned around. "You who has no problems would never understand." She spoke softly.

Cheondung pulled her back. "That's not what I meant, and you know it."

"It's not what you meant. But it is what you thought." Her voice became stronger, but her tears began fall freely. "You know, Sanghyun-ah... I think not having problems... is the problem." She gave him one more smile before turning into mist and disappearing with the wind.

He reached towards her, but the water vapor slipped through his fingers. "Yunji!" He called.

Cheondung sat down, his head facing in the floor.

"Yunji..." He breathed.

In the distance he could hear her voice.

"Sanghyun... this may make me harsh. This may even hurt you. But only you... I trust you. I believe in you. Sanghyun... I love you."

His head snapped towards the direction of the sound but nothing was there. Nothing but the scent of her perfume.

He closed his eyes and breathed in, almost as if he were burning the aroma into his brain for memory-sake.

***

Soundtrack for part five, please click here !

"Tablo..." Skye's voice sounded as she made her way to the council. "What is it you need?" She felt dizzy. the room began to spin and her head pounded more and more. Her hand naturally gripped onto the nearest chair and she dropped her body to the side.

He tapped his lips. "Get Chaehee... The council had ordered for you two to do this job." His voice seemed hesitant, but he proceeded anyways. "This job requires excellent intelligence." He reached out and held his niece's hands. "Being the only living adult found in the Mage world... I have absolute custody. And this job requires a guardian's permission."

She stepped back. "Permission? That's an S class job. Why are we put on an S class job?" Her voice seemed distressed, but she hurriedly calmed down. "Tablo Woesamchon... Storm can barely move in this condition. If it's an S class job, she's completely useless. S class jobs involve demons. One touch will kill her." Her voice was shaky.

He linked his fingers together. "First of all, it is only certain level demons that will have affect on Storm. And as a member of the Lee Family you do not have a choice. You must abide by my rules and my orders. If not, you know the penalty Yunji."

The atmosphere became intense and the silence concealed them all. Her hands rolled into fists and she punched through the table. "I don't care for that stupid family law everyone decided! Why do you even care about it?! Are we even a family?! Can we even be considered blood related?! Since when have we last been a family?! Tell me! Where did we all gather together and have fun?! When has Zelo stopped being abused by his father and used?! You know nothing of what happens in our family, and you still dare use that threat against me?! Tablo Woesamchon..." A bright light swirled around her and she began to wield two twin swords. "If you dare harm Chaehee... I will give you a punishment worse than death itself." She raised her blade till they were pointed directly at him.

A black aura glowed around her Uncle and the floor lowered, the whole building began to shake violently. "Yunji... I love you. You're my wonderful niece. Yes, our family is no longer a family. Yes it was destroyed. But that is not of my concern at the moment. This job... This job needs you two more than anything."

The pressure pushed at her shoulders and she suddenly saw her Uncle's figure blur. She gripped onto the hilt of her swords and she could see blood splattered across the room. "If you loved me, you'd accept my decision." She spoke softly, and blinked wildly; attempting to clear her vision.

Tablo stepped forward. "You don't even know what the job is." He breathed. "This is the only exception, we aren't even sure if it is a demon or not." His magic power had stopped flowing and he was right infront of Skye. He held onto her swords and tugged them from her grip; and they disppeared into the air.

"This job is not a normal job Yunji. We need you to transfer schools, and do a lot of research." He breathed. "I don't want you to go on this, but it's mandatory. We need you to do it. No, we need you and Chaehee to do it." He stopped himself for a while and began to go into more detail. "Grade 12, class 4. This class is missing students every week. Sometimes even four a week."

"Are... they dead?" Skye asked, and widened her eyes.

Tablo shook his head. "No, but some were. Their corpses were found in different places. Some were killed by demons; some were killed by natural problems. The unexpected is happening Yunji. It may just be the apocalypse written in the prophecy."

She was shocked with no words to say. "You... wouldn't mean... that now would you?" She gave him a look.

He nodded and turned around. "Go speak to Miryo. She has more information about this, and has yet to break the new to Chaehee." Skye listened to the calming shuffling of his footstep but they came to an abrupt stop. "Actually, it's best if you go tomorrow Yunji. Miryo will take a while to explain to Chaehee."

***

Soundtrack for part six, please click here !

"Chaehee, you need to listen to me. You're acting far too rash for your age." Miryo spoke sternly and pulled her arm.

Storm whipped around, "Miryo... You expect Skye and I to go to some freak school to find out who's killing them or kidnapping them? Doesn't that sound crazy? The curse has been going on for fifty years too. If we could find it, don't you think it would have been found already?" She gave her an odd look.

"Like I said... You guys aren't going alone." She breathed.

"We... We're not?" Storm asked surprised.

It's not like the council to allow outsiders or business such as this. Especially considering this job was entrusted to Storm and Skye. And everyone who's anyone knew that they, worked alone. Even the council knew that if they were partnered with anyone else, they'd decline the job without hesitation.

Miryo looked at her niece, "I could never send you on such a frightening job alone." She spoke and made her way around the table. Her hand touched Storm's face softly and she stared at her for a while. "You have Eunmi's smile." She said softly.

Storm pulled away. "Don't change the subject, Miryo Imo. Who will be our partners?" She asked.

The older woman just looked over at the red-haired girl. "They're currently under probation, so they must do as we say. Therefore it's okay." Storm crossed her arms and waited for her aunt to continue on. "There's five of them."

That was enough for Storm to know.

"Five?! You can't mean that sissy boy band can you?! Do you even know what will happen?! They're the reason my secret is out! They're the reason Leviathan is after me! They're--" She was interrupted.

"Chaehee! That's enough!" Miryo shouted. Her hand slammed against the floor and she looked to the side.

Storm looked at her aunt in disbelief. "I won't go. I refuse to go. I won't go no matter what happens!" She cried.

Her aunt looked at her in disbelief. "Chaehee, if you don't go... your death with be guaranteed. Even worse, your parabatai's death will be guaranteed. Do you think Skye would want to die because of your foolishness?!" She argued.

The red-haired girl had just breathed softly. "You do not know Yunji like I do. If it weren't for Cheondung or Hyunseok... Yunji would have thrown away her life already. Death doesn't strike fear in Yunji, not in the least. In fact, she'd welcome it." She spoke calmly. "That is all I have to say." She turned around and began to walk.

Miryo pulled her back and looked at Storm sternly. "You represent the Seo's. Do not anger me. You will go, and that is final."

***

Soundtrack for part seven, please click here !

A woman ran to a dead end and fell to her knees, a new born wrapped tightly in her grasp. "No! Please! Don't hurt her! I'll do anything! Please spare her life!" She begged.

Her clothes were shredded, her feet were bloody, scratches marked her body and one of her eyes were hanging out of it's socket.

Skye made her way closer, the faint tapping of her heels against the floor.

"Anything?" She smirked, a cold demeanor hidden briefly in her voice.

The woman teared, looking down at her child. "Absolutely anything!" She cried.

***

"Junyoung... Junyoung... You... Why?! Junyoung don't you dare leave me!" Skye cried, her hands cupping tightly onto her cousin's cheeks. "Yah! Moon Junyoung! Don't you dare leave me alone! You promised!" She shouted.

She could feel it.

His hands that were torn at and covered in blood, gave away what was left of his heat.

His voice that made her feel happier just by the sound, gave away his feelings.

His warm smile that he would give her from years on end, gave away his heart.

And his eyes that were filled to the brim with tears...

Gave away his love.

His hand twitched towards hers and he gave her a smile that she had adored. "Yunji-ah... You've grown so beautiful... Don't... let the darkness... eat away at... your beautiful heart..." He stammered as his breath got the best of him.

Skye looked at her cousin. "Junyoung. Don't... Don't leave me. I'll... I'll find a way to bring you back home. So... please... Please don't go." She swallowed down the lump in and his hand fell limp. She shook what was left of his body. "Junyoung... Junyoung!" She called.

A sword made it's way down, piercing through his skull. Skye looked up at her older sister who was holding tightly to the hilt and quickly tugged the blade out. Qri smiled at her younger sister triumphantly. "Now... we're even," she smiled.

Skye couldn't believe her eyes. She tugged at Junyoung's shirt and her tears blurred her sight.

"Ji...hyun..." She growled loudly. A black light surrounded Skye's body, the ground quaked and began to crumble beneath them and her hair had lengthened. A crack had appeared on her left eye and it grew a blood shot color while the right turned a supreme white. Her body was covered in a dark armor and she snapped her head towards Qri. "I'll... I'll kill you!" Her voice called out in a lower manner, making Qri grow fearsome.

After a minute that allowed Qri to register what had happened in her mind, Skye lunged towards her. Her hand dug deep into her stomach and her blade was pressed against the back of her neck. Qri gasped in pain, a yelp could not even be heard.

"Junyoung loved you! He loved you like he should have! Do you have any idea what you have done?!" Skye shouted.

Qri laughed with what air was left in her body.

"But he loved you so much more, and you loved him just as much. Therefore... I thought it was a fair trade." She cackled.

Skye yanked out her arm and wrapped her blood fingers around her neck. She pulled away her blade and pushed her towards the ground, the pressure pushing them further down. "What had happened to eomma and appa, I do regret it! But Junyoung had nothing to do with it! So why punish him?!" She cried and strained her fingers around his air way.

The painful expression grew on Qri's face.

And for a second, Skye could see her own mother.

"Eomma..." She mumbled to herself and let go of her sister. She cupped her eyes, each hand holding a fistfull of hair. "Eomma... was I wrong?" She murmured to herself.

Qri laid at the other end of the room her arms spread out as a result of desperate gasps for air.

Skye looked at her hands and around the room that was splattered in Junyoung's blood. She looked over at her cousin's body and bit her lip. "Eomma... was I wrong? Have I wronged? Why were you taken away from me?" She cried, she pressed her face into her hands.

"Yunji!" Donghae called as he had finally ran into the room. He looked over at Qri who was splayed across the floor, trying to save herself and Skye -- or whom he had assumed was Skye -- at the other end sobbing to herself. He could see her speaking, but could not make out any words except 'why?'

He flew to her side and cradled his sister in his arms.

"Yunji, stop crying." He spoke softly.

Skye could care less that Donghae was encasing her body with his. At this moment, she could only register what had just happened. "Junyoung... why did you leave me? Eomma, appa, why?!" She cried.

"Yunji, calm down..."

After a few seconds she had reverted to herself, and as soon as she returned Donghae knew anytime soon she would pass out from the amount of magic energy she had used at once. "Eomma... was I bad?" He could hear her speak properly, but her voice had become soft and weakened. "Donghae oppa..." She continued. "Why... instead of Junyoung, eomma, or appa..." She trailed, her breathed becoming more desperate.

Donghae clenched his teeth as Skye finally finished her sentence.

"Why couldn't it be me?"

***

"Absolutely anything?" Skye smiled, and tilted her head to the side.

The woman curled the baby closer into her body. "Yes! Anything!"

She immediately noticed something was different about Skye's smile.

It was colder.

It was painful.

Painful to even look at.

"Then..." Skye spoke, her finger tapping on her lip. "Die." She spoke with a grin.

The woman looked at her oddly, "huh?"

In the distance, all that could be heard was a loud horrific scream.

***

Soundtrack for part eight, please click here !

Skye woke up to find her body spread out across the bed from her tossing and turning. "A dream...?" She breathed, and reached towards her forehead, the beads of sweat smeared across her fingertips. "Junyoung..." She mumbled to herself.

"Yunji?" Hyunseok called.

She turned over to look at her twin brother who was staring back at her. "Hyunseok, sorry. Did I wake you up?" She reached out and touched his face.

He shook his head softly.

"Go back to sleep," she smiled.

Hyunseok nodded and closed his eyes. "Yunji... I was jealous of Junyoung." He confessed.

She looked as he laid there peacfully.

"Why?" She pulled up her blanket.

He inched closer to her. "Because he was someone you cared about more than anyone." He spoke softly and slowly drifted off to sleep.

Skye smiled weakly and pulled him closer to her.

"I'm sorry... Hyunseok... I promise you, I'll protect you."

***

The night passed by painfully, but day was passing by slowly. Skye dreadfully made her way towards the Seo estate. And she climbed towards Storm's room. She tapped softly on the window and Storm opened the glass looking at Skye. "What is wrong with you?! Do you know what time is it?!" She argued, and noticed the luggages and bags held in Skye's hands. "Oh..." She breathed and crawled back into bed. "I'm not going."

Skye sat at the edge. "Chaehee... you and I both know we have to go..." She placed her bags by her feet. "And that's that."

Storm sat up and looked at the orange-haired girl. "There's no way we can find some hard- going around kidnapping and killing students." She breathed and ran a hand through her hair. "I mean, Yunji... This is a ing curse we're up against. It's not some random wangster --wannabe gangster-- throwing a prank." She tried to clarify her point.

She breathed and looked at the girl who was still wrapped in her blankets. "Chaehee,  we have to. It's not like we have a say in this anyways." She paused for a bit. "Besides... A curse is only a curse as long as it has its believers."

Storm gave her a look. "They partnered us up!" She screamed incredulously.. "We never go on missions with others."

Skye looked at her surprised. "Now... I wonder why Tablo hadn’t told me that..." She mumbled to herself, receiving an odd look from Storm. "It... It doesn't matter at this point. What matters, is helping that school. Now hurry up and get ready."

Storm lost hope in arguing against her best friend and just got up to get dressed.

The room became quiet as Storm looked through her closet. Skye cleared , “have you told Miryo?”

“About what?” Storm asked as she pulled out a shirt and laid it on the bed.

There was a pause and Skye continued, “about me and black magic.” She clarified.

Storm looked over at Skye. “Look… I don’t approve of the fact that you’re using black magic, but… it doesn’t look like it’ll make a difference anymore.” She said and turned back to her clothes.

Skye nodded gratefully and fiddled with the strap of her luggage.

“Thanks Storm.”

"So... what school are we going to?" She asked almost as if she had suddenly become eager to go.

Skye stopped playing with her bags. "Minjok Academy."

***

"You have all your things, am I correct?" Miryo asked as she checked her luggages carefully.

Storm laughed at her aunt. "Of course, eomoni." She taunted.

Miryo just looked at her niece. "You know, I'm just saying this because I want you to be careful. After Eunmi... I just..." She stopped herself before she had began to burst into tears.

She looked over at Skye.

"Take care of Chaehee, Skye." She smiled.

Skye nodded and bowed. "You have my word, Miryo eonni. I'm so very sorry for your loss." She gave a weak smile.

Cheondung had finally arrived and walked over to Skye who was speaking with Miryo and Storm, as soon as he approached her could hear her speak clearly.

"Miryo eonni, you mustn't be discouraged, for it is only nature that she had passed away." Skye spoke gracefully. "Everyone will eventually die, for death is unstoppable, but the living is unbelievable." She smiled. "Eunmi eonni would not be happy if you dread over her death, nor would she be happy that you had continued to mourn for her until you too, join her." She continued on.

"Yunji! That's enough." Cheondung called, stepping forward.

"Cheondung... That is life... Even as immortals, we cannot live with humans. We live past their lives and watch them die and turn to rubble. Therefore, it only means after our time has past... will we too, become humans." She spoke softly.

Skye turned around.

"I apologize for my behavior. I shall wait for you in the car, Chaehee."

Storm nodded and looked over her aunt who was standing there in shock.

"In fact, she'd welcome it." Storm's words repeated themselves in her head. "Skye seems to have gone through a lot that she is able to speak like that without a care." Miryo finally spoke.

The red-haired niece had smiled at her aunt.

"Miryo imo... I think Skye was right though. Eunmi imo would not be happy." Storm looked over at Skye who looked cheerful while speaking to Cheondung. "Yunji would have probably have been dead by now, if it weren't for--"

"If it weren't for Cheondung and Hyunseok. You told me." Miryo ruffled Storm's hair.

The younger one had smiled, "I owe them a lot."

***

Skye turned around, painfully grinning at Cheondung. "Why are you here?" She asked while adjusting her backpack.

His hand reached forward and he touched her face. She twitched slightly under his contact, but remained still. Very still. "I wish... I had the power to protect you..." He breathed, and pulled her into his body.

The pain shot through her body in a second. "Don't... touch me." She growled. Her hands prompt on his shoulders and tried to break free. "Sanghyun, let go..." The name still unfamiliar in .

"Why... can't I love you properly?" He breathed.

The sensation grew far more excruciating. "Don't be nice to me!" She snarled. Soon enough it was almost as if a lightning had struck her on her . widened to scream, but just in time Cheondung's hand came down, covering it.

His eyes looked lonely, but his voice was much stronger. "You better get used to my touch, because I'll try to become stronger. Therefore... I will protect you." He looked down at Skye in his arms.

Her hands reached forward and cupped his cheeks in either hand. Her smile this time was genuine. "Sanghyun, you have saved me so many times when we were children. You need not be stronger, but believe in yourself... Cheondung, those who fight with their heart --no matter how weak they may be-- will always win." She ran her fingers through his hair. "Magic is a reflection of your heart's desires, not what others tell you to believe, and not just skill. The strongest mages fight with the strongest magic that comes from within yourself, as long as you can believe in yourself... You, of all people should know this the best." She straightened herself up.

Cheondung had nodded at her and kissed her lightly on the forehead. "You're right." He grinned at her.

In the distance a car had honked and they looked over at it. Storm sat there waving at Skye. "Let's go!" She yelled."

Skye nodded and looked over at Cheondung before running off.

As soon as their fingers unlatched, he could hear her voice.

"Are you willing to wait for me to return? If not, then goodbye... Sanghyun."

Cheondung laughed at her words. "Goodbye..." He repeated.

***

Soundtrack for part nine, please click here !

"So uh... who are we partnered with?" Skye asked, and looked over at Storm.

She gave a look. "You lied didn't you?" She squinted her eyes. "You told me you knew."

Skye smiled innocently. "I... didn't."

"Ugh..." Storm groaned and ran a hand through her hair. "Now I know why you said okay. If you knew who we're partnered with you would have rejected it, a million times."

"It couldn't be that bad..."

The car came to a stop at a huge mansion.

The chauffer crawled off his seat and made his way to their window. "Skye-sama, Storm... I'm sorry... I do not know how to address masters in Korea." He apologized. "Skye-sama, Storm-sama... please wait here whilst I bring your partners to the car." He smiled at them.

"Yes, Soohyun-ssi please--." Skye cut herself off as soon as she realized who she had called. "I mean... yes, Soichirou-san... please do," she returned a grin.

The butler hurriedly made his way to the doorway.

Skye looked over at Storm who stared at her oddly. "What?" She raised an eyebrow.

"No, I was just thinking... Tablo usually tells you these things, doesn't he?" She reached forward to grab a blanket at the front seat.

Storm looked over at Skye who just stood there in an awkward position. Skye took a deep breath in and finally spoke. "It's not like he's obliged to tell me anything. It's not liek we're even a proper family, therefore... we have nothing but a stupid blood relation." She answer and took another breath. "Anyways, who's our partners?" She spoke quickly, changing the topic.

Storm quickly shut . She knew how Skye felt about her family, and it wasn't a nice sight. Ever since Junyoung she probably felt the most isolated from being near anyone. And Storm herself couldn't relate to this, mainly because she still had her parents who would baby her.

Suddenly, there was a tapping sound at the window and they looked towards the direction it came from. To their surprise, it was dino-man -- Jonghyun.

"You... have got to be kidding me..." Skye groaned.

***

As they approached the front desk, the lady looked up at them. "You must be from Purity Mourners am I correct?" She asked.

Skye smiled gleamingly. "Yes, I'm Lee Yunji, and this is my parabatai, Seo Chaehee. The rest are not from our clan, so please do not mix us up with such amateurs." She gestured towards the five boys who looked at her angrily in dispute.

The woman had just nodded. "Well, if you're proceed this way please." She called.

Everyone slowly followed her and Storm glared at the boys who began pushing. They quickly zipped their mouths and walked quietly. The lady stopped at a door. "I apologize, but your clan master had only requested one dorm for the seven of you. His exact words were, "oh those kids are small, they only require one room and there's plenty of space for them."" She handed Storm the keys.

Skye clenched her fists. "Oi, that stupid Minho better watch his back afterwards." She mumbled to herself.

"Did you say something about me?" Minho asked, raising an eyebrow.

Skye looked over at Storm, "oh this is awkward."

Storm laughed and the lady handed each a manual. "We have a few mage students here as well, so we gave them this manual. So we wish that you follow it accordingly." She lifted her clipboard and pulled out seven cards. "These are your ID cards, since you've transfered in the middle of the year, we made due with the pictures your clan masters had given us." She smiled and walked off. "Please enjoy your time here at Minjok Academy."

They all looked at their pictures.

Chaehee | Yunji | Taemin | Onew | Key | Jonghyun | Minho

“Whatever... as long as he didn’t give our ugly pictures.” Skye laughed at Storm.

“Hey! That’s my beauty face!” She argued.

“Sure it is...”

They opened the door to their dorm and they all gasped in amazement. “Okay, now this is what I’m talking about!” Storm smiled.

Onew pointed towards a large glass case. “Is that... our uniforms?” He asked in surprised.

Everyone followed the direction of his arm and sure enough, there was a display case and inside hung seven uniforms; five male, and two female.

They groaned in agony.

“Uniforms are mandatory. They must be worn during school days. If not, you will be punished severely.”

Skye read aloud, and snapped her book closed.

“Thanks for the obvious, Sherlock...” Minho sighed and suddenly brightened up with an idea. “Let’s go shopping!” He pointed out a finger.

“Shopping? Bro, you hate shopping...” Jonghyun said and ran his fingers through his hair.

Minho laughed. “That’s true, but if we want to find out the source of the curse, we need to go out and find out.”

“By... shopping?” Key asked, although he wasn’t opposed to the idea.

“We have to get our face out there,” Minho pointed out. “And besides, the girls look like they need a day to relax.”

Skye and Storm glanced over at each other and nodded in gratitude. Storm raised her hand, “a day to us without any demon hunting or anything. Am I right?” She smiled.

Skye slapped her hand against Storm’s. “Got that right, partner.” She tipped her hat and smiled.

“Then get ready girls.” Jonghyun called as he made his way upstairs.

***

Soundtrack for part ten, please click here !

The first two down were Taemin and Skye; they sat awkwardly side by side on the couch. As the silence grew, so did the thumping of their hearts.

Something caught Skye’s eye. “You dyed your hair?” She asked, her forehead crinkling in surprise.

Taemin reached up and tousled his bangs. “Ah, yeah. Blonde was getting kind of boring.”

She gave him a look.

“Okay, I needed a new look for my comeback. Will you stop that glaring now?” He said anxiously.

Skye laughed and kicked her feet up onto the coffee table. “It looks nice.”

A red color splashed over Taemin’s face and he quickly turned to hide.

Slowly Storm and Jonghyun walked down the stairs, talking and laughing. Talking and laughing?! Skye thought to herself in disgust. Why Chaehee and that freaking… half-dino, half-avatar thing?! She cursed in her mind.

After a few minutes, everyone had made their way downstairs.

Chaehee | Yunji | Taemin | Onew | Key | Jonghyun | Minho

Tch, idols. Always got to look different. Skye scoffed and looked away from them. She had to admit, she really wished she could have some of their clothes.

Not like you’re any better Skye.” Storm laughed, and transmitted her thought into Skye’s mind.

Skye gave her a look from the other side of the room. “Hey you! Keep your stinking ears, out of my thoughts. Especially if I’m not talking to you.” She scolded her playfully.

The red haired girl laughed and shook her head. “Alright, are we going to go or not?” She tilted her head to the side.

“Let’s go!” They all called triumphantly.

***

Soundtrack for part eleven, please click here !

The day passed by quickly, and the seven were completely exhausted. Storm was humming while carrying about thirty bags, while Key was struggling to handle his own. The rest had little to no bags at all and slowly made their way back to their dorms.

Students from their school began to take notice to the seven and some even began to recognize SHINee. Girls began to nag and say things such as, “ah Key-oppa! Are you going out with that radish?” Or sometimes even, “Minho-oppa! Why haven’t you called me?” Even though the boys had no idea who the girls were.

Even some mages that were exiled from the Mage world or some who refused to go back had recognized Skye and Storm.

Finally, they were a block away from the dorm, but before they managed to take a step closer, a figure had appeared before them.

Skye immediately recognized the presence. “Jihyun…” She called out. “If you wish to fight, don’t do it underhandedly.” She spoke clearly.

Qri walked out from the shadows to face her little sister. “I’m surprised you can sense my presence, but not Donghae’s. I mean… he is the older brother that can do nothing but adore you. Whereas we… have no standing relationship together.”

The bags dropped from her hands, and a long sword appeared in her right hand. “I have no means to kill you Jihyun. But if you continue to press on about the past, I might just have to avenge Junyoung in the process.” Skye’s voice became colder, and the boys inched towards her.

Storm stuck out a hand and pushed them back. She gave them a stern look and shook her head, while pressing a finger to her lips.

Qri stepped forward. “I’m not here to fight you, Yunji. I just came to clarify a few things with you.”

“Things? What things?” Skye clutched her sword in both hands, alarmed by Qri’s sudden calm tone.

She moved closer to Skye and brushed a strand of hair away from her face. One of the boys stepped forward, but was immediately pushed back.

“You know… you were wrong when you said I had no heart, Yunji.” She smiled, cocking her head to the side.

She leapt back and landed a few feet away. Her hands reached towards her bag and she pulled out a knife.

“You see… the person with no heart, no feelings, and not even a purpose on this planet… is you, Yunji. For, the only thing you’ll bring the Earth… is its own destruction.” She gave a smirk and steadied the blade in her hand.

Skye gave her a look. “That’s enough, Jihyun. You know nothing of who I am and what I’ve become.” She spoke calmly.

Qri raised an eyebrow and pointed the knife at her little sister. “Oh really now? Is that why you’ve been hiding your mark from your partners? Let alone your own siblings, Yunji. You know how they all feel about you, and yet you’ve been hiding this from them? What will they say? No… What would Junyoung say?” She laughed amusingly.

“Jihyun!” Skye yelled and lunged towards her.

“We have to help you!” Jonghyun said and looked down at the small girl who was incredibly strong for someone of her size.

Storm just shook her head. “Skye won’t lose. And she most certainly won’t win.” She spoke calmly and felt a surge of nervousness run through her body.

“And why not?” Key asked in surprise.

She just smiled. “You see… Skye won’t have the ability to kill her, because Qri… Qri reminds Skye of her mother.”

The boys’ eyes widened and they looked over at the girls who began to swing their blades at each other.

A red blade slithered its way into Skye’s hand and she held tightly to the hilt as fire began to blaze from the edge. “Jihyun… Prepare to atone for your sins!” She shouted and charged towards her.

She began to slash her weapon at her older sister, left right and center. Qri struggled to avoid her launches but Skye was much too fast for her. She fell to the floor and the warm sharp point was pressed against .

“You do know what you did wrong, don’t you?” Skye asked, her hands holding tightly onto Qri’s so she couldn’t fight back.

Qri forced herself to grin, “you see Storm? Yunji is merciless. She’s killed her best friend, she’s killed her parents, and she’ll even kill her own sister. What makes you think she won’t kill you?” Her voice croaked in obvious fear.

Storm was taken aback at the sudden conversation directing towards her.

“I know Yunji better than anyone else! Do not tempt me to kill you myself!” She yelled, and pressed a hand to her chest as she took a step forward.

“Then do you know of the mark on her back?!”

In a flash, there was a long slit running down Skye’s shirt. And they could clearly make the long dragon markings that continued to snake around her body.

The boys and Storm were both shocked and took a step back. “What is that thing?” Onew asked in disgust.

Skye’s eyes flashed purple. “Jihyun! I’ll kill you!” She growled and shoved her blade into the ground. Her hand reached up to her sister’s chin and she pushed her face to look at her. “Look at me Jihyun. Look at me when I speak to you!” She yelled.

Qri’s eyes snapped closed and she clenched her jaw. “I will not be controlled by you, Yunji. If I die by your hands, I rather say I died from cowardice than be under your control!” She rejected.

Within seconds, Qri’s body turned into smoke and flew away from under Skye’s hands. She rubbed her fingers together and in an instant, she knew whose doing it was.

“Kevin…” She trailed.

Skye pulled herself to her feet, her eyes returned to their chocolate brown color.

“Yunji, what is that on your back?” Storm asked, afraid of the answer.

She bit her lip and hesitated to answer.

Skye drew in a deep breath. “You see…”

Everyone grew silent.

“I’ve been marked by a demon.”



 

LeeSkye06 here! <:

So, I’m hoping you guys like this chapter.

I kind of gave up editing it. >:

Uhuhuhuh.

IT TAKES A LOT OF EFFORT OKAY?

I’M SORRY >:

I should probably stop starting it all crappy like then, shouldn’t I?

I hope you guys still like it though. >:

ZZZZZ~ I can sleep now.

--  I mean.. yeah. LOL

But still ! <:

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Oh, and just so you know.

I love comments.

I bet you guys didn’t know that.

Because if you did…

You’d be commenting…

Am I right? <:

Aha, so…

Please comment? <:

 

oh! Yunji has a few pets that haven't been introduced. Here's 2 of them. <:

ILOVE YOU GUYS <:

LeeSkye06, out !

Word Count : 10,007