Chapter Three

The Purity Mourners

-

`C h a p t e r    T h r e e . . .

"The Lee Way"

Magic lies in challenging what seems impossible.
Carol Moseley Braun

 

Soundtrack for part one, please click here!


 

"For someone who has so much pride, you have fallen so far down." Skye laughed heartedly. Her face slowly growing into an evil glare, "do you still feel nothing now that our parents are gone? ... That you've created this mess that I call family?"

Qri's hands rolled into fists, staring at her little sister who stood prompt at the entrance, her figure shaking in anger.

Everyone else was still running in a panic but suddenly stopped when Qri shouted, "shut up you worthless excuse of a sister! It was your fault they died, it was all your fault!" She wisked her hand, a knife flying towards Skye who cleverly dodged it.

Skye made her way towards Qri and pushed a strand of hair behind her ear, "dear Jihyun." Her voice grew furiously. "Do not speak of my parents that way. You can say I killed them, but you cannot say that you cared in the least that they died. You have never even considered to go to their funeral." She pointed her hand at her chest. "You have nothing in that chest of yours. You!" She called, pointing right towards her face. "Never once cared about our parents."

A fork made its way towards Skye, but she quickly caught it in her hand; bending it in half.

"It's Qri to you, you ungrateful !" She spat in anger. "Our parents made the wrong mistake, giving their strength to you! That should have been me!" She growled at her.

Skye's hands rolled into a fist, her electric ball disappearing. "You've always only crave power, Jihyun. Did you forget? You killed Junyoung! So don't act so innocent! You took him away from me!" Skye spat, pointing a finger at her. "He was my everything! He was my most important cousin! He stood by me when no one else would!" Tears rolled down her face as blue electric sparks ran down her hair, and her eyes turned black. "You took my most important person from this planet..."

Qri charged towards her, slapping Skye across the face. "Don't you bring Junyoung into this!" She hissed. "I thought it was right to get even, with the fact that you killed eomma, and appa!" She pulled her by the collar.

Skye grabbed her hands and shoved them off her.

"I've had enough of you, and I've had enough of what you've become." She growled. Skye flung her hand to the side and requipped a long scepter, and she twirled it in her hand. "I'll fight for Junyoung! I'll avenge him for the death you put upon him!" She shoved the end towards her face with a golden cross on it.

"You can't possibly... be thinking of that," Qri said in disbelief.

Skye looked at her, "why not?" She gave her a pitiful smile.

She looked at the ring on her finger.

"There's no reason to live anymore. Without Junyoung, I became nothing. Nothing, but an empty shell."

Soundtrack for part two, please click here!

Skye wrapped her fingers around it, and her other hand placed gently on her fist as if she were to bow. A spiritual ring surrounded her, and she brought the scepter down with a loud cracking noise. "I call "The Lee Way!"" She shouted, and a bright light began to shine. As it slowly faded, her sceptor disappeared, and Skye glared at her sister, "let's show the world how terrifying the Lee siblings truly are, Jihyun," her named played across her lips.

Qri gave her a cold look and her face spread into a sinister smile. "Fine by me, my dear sister. I'll destroy you, and in the mean time, show the world exactly how strong our family is, and who the triumphant sister is and always will be."

"The Lee way?" Storm asked in confusion, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up to see Donghae by her side. "What are you doing here?"

He looked down at her, "I felt something bad was going to happen." He quickly brushed off her question. "Yunji, are you really going to go through with this? You know what happens when you lose, don't you?" He shouted at her.

"Wither thou goest, I will go; where thou diest, will I die. And there will I be buried: the Angel do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me," Skye recited, and looked at her older brother. "I'm aware Donghae." She told him softly, "but I will not accept further ill-mannerism to continue in this family."

Storm turned to face Donghae, "that's the parabatai oath, what does this have to do with-- what is  "The Lee Way"?" She pulled at his sleeve.

He looked at Storm, and breathed deeply. "You know... Yunji doesn't like people to know about this, but... just like your Aunt; Miryo, Yunji's necklace restricts her power. She spends a whole lot of her time in battles, diverting her concentration so she doesn't fight seriously."

"Why?" Storm asked, watching Skye and Qri have a glare showdown.

Donghae gave her a weak smile. "All of our siblings are gifted with a huge amount of power that we're all hiding. Except Alexander, as you'd know, but... Yunji... Yunji's different. She holds the power of our parents." He spoke softly.

"That still doesn't answer my question though," Storm pointed out, watching Donghae intensly as he searched for the proper words.

He bit his lip and looked at Storm, "since you're her parabatai partner, I think it's about time you should know the history of our family... The Lee Way is a lost form of magic, that we had to erase. It's a form of mass destruction, anything to defeat their opponent." He stared into Storm's eyes. "In other words, Yunji has proposed the battle of death."

"What?" Storm asked, taken aback.

Qri grew angry, and laughed. "Alright, the Lee way it is. Let's show the mage world the true power of the Lee siblings." She smiled evily. She made her way towards her sister, and played with the chain around her neck. "Yunji, fight me seriously this time. Don't avert your attention, and get rid of that stupid necklace." She pulled it, breaking the chain into millions of pieces. "Show the mage world, and your parabatai what a real monster you can really be," she laughed making her way back to the other side.

Storm watched Donghae's eyes suddenly grow in alarm and he took a step forward, stumbling in desperation. "Yunji don't do it!" He shouted. "Just the two of you, and you can destroy the whole village and everyone in it!"

Skye turned to face him; her face scrunched up in anger. She bellowed loudly, "silence!" With the force in her voice, it pushed Donghae; sending him flying across the room. He landed on his back against the wall and slowly slid down to the floor. He looked up at his little sister whose tears slowly built themselves up again. "Don't you miss Junyoung? Don't you know how much I loved him? He was there for me. He was there!" She yelled. She detached her look from her brother, and looked back at her sister who smirked triumphantly. "This will be the end to our life long battle." Her hand reached out towards the huge water fountain that sat in the middle of the room and she raised her arm; all of the water floating above the statue in a huge ball form. "One shall stand, while the other... shall fall."

Qri gave her a smirk. "Fine by me, I'm sick and tired of the Seo's and Jo's taking all the glory, because our stupid siblings are too scared to fight seriously..

Skye suddenly felt a surge of power run through her veins, but she clenched her hand into a fist, holding back the urge to unleash it.

Something's different... Storm thought to herself, trying to put her finger on it. She felt a heavy gut feeling in the pit of her stomach, almost as if she was... Yunji's fighting herself.

"Very well, than take off your own necklace, Jihyun," Skye played with Qri's name again.

Qri ripped the necklace of her chest, "it's Qri!" She shouted, throwing a knife towards her.

Skye dropped the ball of water and charged towards it head on.

Soundtrack for part three, please click here!

"Yunji don't do it! Jihyun's serious!" Donghae shouted, struggling to get himself back onto his feet.

He stopped in his tracks. Qri was also taken aback. And Storm's eyes were wide open.

Skye held the knife in her palm, blood slowly running down her arm. "I know she is Donghae," she dropped the knife to the floor, it began to melt through the wood and she looked at the long cut around her hand. "She won't be able to beat me with her telekinesis. It has no effect on someone whose actually completed her training," she grinned. She raised her hand, "let's see you fight me in my territory." She called to Qri who stood in confusion.

She knitted her eyebrows while she noticed the lights begin to flicker on and off. The electricity flew to Skye's hand and suddenly the lights when out. "The dark," Skye laughed, her tongue ran over her teeth --her signature mark of bloodthirst-- and ran her hand through her hair.

"Lights!" Everyone shouted in a panic.

"What are you doing Yunji?" Storm sent her a thought.

"Fighting her, what else?" Skye stated the obvious.

"Are you really going to fight her seriously?" Storm asked in disbelief.

There was no answer.

Yunji, Storm thought to herself. What are you thinking?

Qri heard the soft footsteps from Skye, and she violently swung her arm through the air.

She missed.

She heard Skye whisper in her ear, "looks like you're still as weak as last time. Looks like there will be no way for you to escape," she felt shivers run down her back from the cold demeanor she heard in Skye's voice.

She threw her arm towards the voice, but missed again.

"Do you really want to die that badly, Jihyun?" Skye laughed.

Qri rolled her hands into fists, "it's Qri! Damn it, you !" She yelled loudly, and raised another knife through the power of her mind.

The lights suddenly reappeared, and Qri looked around to see millions of droplets? No these were much more terrorizing. They were millions of water spheres that held 15 litres each. They were all pointed for Qri.

Her knife quickly fell to the floor with a clank!

Skye whipped her arm to the side. "Prepare for the worst, Jihyun!" She shouted.

Qri looked at the spheres that were raised before her, no matter where she turned there were still more. She was completely surrounded. "No way... you had this much strength?" She stammered in disbelief.

Storm noticed the beads of sweat that was on Skye's forehead, and felt herself grow nauseous. She's still fighting herself, she noted. She clenched her stomach, and kneeled to the floor.

"Any last words?" Skye cackled.

Qri's eyes widened in fear, "no way..."

Skye huffed slightly and breathed deeply, hiding her weak side. "Good bye, Jihyun," Skye smiled and swung her arm across her chest.

Donghae ran towards her, "Yunji! Don't!" He shouted, and pulled Skye out of the way.

There was a blast of light, and suddenly there was nothing.

***

Storm's eyes opened slowly and she turned her head to see Skye who laid there unconcious, and everyone else completely knocked out. A few mages here and there were severely injured as well.

She crawled towards Skye and shook her body vigorously. "Yunji, wake up." She said softly.

Skye's eyelids fluttered until the light slowly adjusted to her and she saw Storm. "What happened?" She asked, her eyes returning to the area she targeted.

It was nothing. Nothing but a huge crater that spread out through the city.

"Donghae pulled you out of there," Storm told her.

Skye rubbed her face and groaned, "that big idiot."

Storm lightly hit her, "you're the big idiot here! Who let you go around using such powerful spells?!" She scolded her.

They looked at each other oddly, and laughed.

Skye scrambled to the area and noticed foot prints making their way outside.

"She escaped," Skye cursed under her breath.

Soundtrack for part four, please click here!

Donghae awoke and immediately approached Skye and he pulled her towards him. He cupped her face in between his hands and he scanned her face for any cuts. His eyes gazed around her body looking for blood or any injury, and he quickly pulled her face into his embrace.

She placed her hands against his chest and pushed him off of her, "yah, Lee Donghae that hurts!" She complained.

He held her face in his hands, tears built to the brim. "Why'd you do something so dangerous? Why'd you nearly kill yourself? Are you crazy? Why?!" He shouted, his head falling into the nape of Skye's neck, and his tears running down her collarbone.

"Donghae," Skye said suprised.

Storm sat there watching them. Skye gave her a look and she shrugged.

"Yah, I'm okay now. Don't worry," she patted him on the back lightly.

He gave her a stern look, "I lost eomma and appa. I even lost Junyoung. I will definitely definitely not lose you," he breathed heavily.

"Oppa..." Skye looked at him for a bit.

"I won't... Not you. Definitely not you." He cried, folding her into his arms tightly. "Anyone but you. I won't lose you." He murmured to himself.

Skye ran her hands through his hair and patted him on the head lightly, "araseol. Oppa, are you okay?" She asked, tilting her head to the side.

She felt him nod against her neck and he pulled away. "I'm sorry, I'm just in aftershock. It reminded me of when eomma and appa were here," he smiled weakly.

Skye's eyes widened.

"You promised Storm to go to the tree house right?" He looked over her shoulder to see Storm who sat there oddly.

"Ah, yeah," she stammered.

"Then I'll see you later, you better go before the council gets a word of this," he told her and took off.

Skye sat there, tears building up but she blinked quickly to hide them. It's my fault, isn't it... Eomma, appa... it's my fault Donghae's suffering isn't it? She breathed to herself.

***

Soundtrack for part five, please click here!

"Ahh!" Storm stretched out her arms. "The good old tree house." She smiled.

Skye rubbed her eyes and looked around, "tell me about it." She extended her legs and jumped onto her sleeping bag. "I'm so tired, it's ridiculous."

Storm looked over at Skye, and she gave her a weird look.

"What?" Skye asked, reaching to touch her face awkwardly.

Storm pulled out a few articles of clothing out of her bag, "what's on your mind, Yunji?" Storm questioned her bluntly.

She rubbed the bridge of her nose and looked at Storm, "nothing..." She trailed. Storm gave her a look and Skye sighed. "Really it's nothing.

"Are you really going to go there?" Storm asked.

Skye laughed to herself, "I'm right next to you, and you still use that? Really?"

Storm crossed her arms across her chest --letting out a few chuckles here and there-- and looked at Skye. "Are you not going to tell me? Really?" She mimicked her.

"Just go to bed, you big goof," Skye threw a pillow at her head.

Storm's mouth fell to the floor, "now that was just rude," she scoffed.

Skye grabbed her bag and stood up, "if you go to bed, I'll tell you tomorrow," she told her; heading towards an area to change.

Storm pouted, "fine!" She huffed.

***

"Are you sure?" Skye asked, looking at her parents.

Her mother patted her lightly on the head, "we're more than sure, sweetheart. Donghae is busy at his own jobs, so we need you now," she smiled at her.

Skye pursed her lips, "what about Jihyun-eonni, or Chaerin-eonni, or even Hyunseok?" She asked. "They're all so much stronger than me," she stomped her feet slightly.

Skye's father lowered himself towards her daughter, "yes... but they don't have a skill our beautiful daughter does. And that is, the ability to hack," he gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"So you just want me to hack into the web-frame?" She asked, looking up at them.

"This is a big job!" Her mother gave hand gestures to emphasize the importance of it.

Her father stood up, crossing his hands across his arms. "That's right! Eomma and appa will do the small things in battle, while you will do the hard work in the back," he told her.

Skye pouted slightly, "alright... if you say so," she bit the inside of her cheek.

She felt uneasy, but couldn't understand why.

***

"Eomma... Appa..." Skye trailed in disbelief. "Don't tell me, that... you... tasted it..." She stumbled to the floor.

She watched their flesh slowly deprive their bodies, and their bones that began to poke through.

The door crashed open and Hyunseok walked in, his face covered in shock.

He watched his sister cry over and over again. Her tears spilling out of her hands, and her hand covered in blood.

"Eomma! Appa!" She shouted, and suddenly charged towards them, but Hyunseok pulled her back.

She scratched at his arms, reaching out for her parents' bodies. "Let me go with them! Hyunseok, let me go!" She yelled.

Skye screamed in horror and started thrashing at her brother who tried to hold her back from her disfigured parents. This was her fault, wasn’t it?

"This is all my fault! I should have went with them!" She cried. "It's all my fault!"

She felt the impact as Hyunseok pulled her into his chest, his hand covering her eyes ---blocking her sight-- from her parents. "It's not your fault!" He shouted. He began rocking her back and forth, and rubbed her back

His nose nuzzled into her hair. "It's not your fault," he continued to murmur. "Think happy thoughts, Yunji. Think happy thoughts. And be happy, because I vow that I will never let you cry again," he held his grip on her tighter.

***

Skye woke up, cold sweat spread all across her forehead. She breathed heavily and looked at the clock to read '3:45am' and she rubbed her eyes.

She was too scared to sleep. Too scared to relive the sins she had commited in the past. And too scared to think of it and face her siblings.

She made her way to her bag and pulled out a black book. The forbidden book of black magic, she breathed. I told myself to study it, but never had the time. She flipped through the pages and sighed. I guess it's time to start, she told herself and began to scan through every word and sentence.

***

Morning had come along and Skye had finished reading, slowly mastering all the spells taught in the tiny book.

"Yunji?" Storm called, and Skye quickly hid the book behind her back. She looked at her oddly as she stretched in her sleeping bag.

Skye yawned and scrunched her shoulders to jaw. "Yeah?" She asked.

Storm crawled out of her blanket and sat upright and looked at her, "so you're going to tell me now?" She clasped her hands together.

"It's nothing Storm, just forget it. Now let's go to Checkpoint103 before we get our asses whooped for not capturing that boyband thing," Skye told her.

Storm gave her a look, "you're just unbelieveable!" She scoffed.

"Hey, it's me."

***

Skye pulled on her clothes, while Storm tugged on hers.

They slowly made their way to Checkpoint103, and noticed a bunch of fangirls screaming.

"Ah! Taemin-oppa! Key-oppa! Sign my arms!" They shouted.

Skye rubbed her temples, her head beginning to hurt with all the different sound waves coming from left right and center.

"Just bear with it for now, Storm," she told her as she watched Storm ready to lash out at the girls.

They felt a tap on their shoulders and they quickly flipped whoever had touched them, throwing them to the ground.

"nngh!" There was a muffled groan, and the two on the ground were covered from head to toe, their eyes shaded with sunglasses, and their mouths covered with doctor masks.

Storm rolled her hands into fists, standing in a battle stance, while Skye re-equipped to a long samindo sword.

"Who are you?" Skye demanded.

A boy with blonde hair pulled his mask off his flawless face, "relax! We aren't an enemy." He said.

They turned around to see three more of them and they looked at each other.

Skye swung her sword towards them, making them jumped back in freight. "Take off your masks, and expose yourself," she bellowed.

They gave each other a look and slowly peeled the white fabric off their face.

"They look familiar," Storm told her.

"A little too familiar," Skye responded.

"What are your names?" Skye asked, pointing her sword at them.

The blonde boy walked forward. "I am Lee Taemin of Checkpoint103." He bowed.

Next was another boy with rainbow colored hair. "I am Kim Kibum --normally known as Key-- of Checkpoint103." He also bent over.

"I'm Jonghyun of Checkpoint103," a dinosaur looking man said as he followed the other two.

A tall male made his way towards them and mimicked Jonghyun, "I'm Minho of Checkpoint103." He introduced himself.

"And I am the leader," a older man spoke as he made his way down. "My name is Onew of Checkpoint103."

"Leader? Leader of what?" Storm asked, stepping back slowly.

They all bow --completely in sync-- and raised their hand in a fist that stopped at their chest. "Annyeong-haseyo, we're shining SHINee!" They smiled.

Skye looked at Storm, and Storm looked at Skye.

"Got them?" Skye winked.

Storm wiggled her eyebrows, "Got them," she smirked.

"You seem like you're in a pickle, would you like to spend the time with us then?" Skye asked. "Considering we're both mages," she smiled.

Storm gave her an odd look.

Not that it surprised her that Skye was inviting them, but more of the fact that Skye had actually been nice. She's a Lee, part of the biggest mage families, one of the scariest mage families, and she's being nice? Her family like challenges and they haven't been a family for the longest time. She had gone through so much, and she smiled?! Skye caught Storm staring at her, and she sent her a smile as well. Storm felt shivers run down her spine. She's not smiling... she's pissed off... Storm thought to herself, and began backing up.

The five boys eyed each other and nodded.

"Then let's go to that store," Storm pointed.

Onew stopped them and then stared at Storm and Skye from head to toe.

"What?" Skye asked, scratching her head slightly.

He gave them a slight glare, knocking them off guard. "What clan are you from?" He hissed.

Storm shrugged, "the Purity Mourners, nothing to it. Why?" She raised an eyebrow.

Minho sighed, and spoke up, "don't mind him. We're avoiding black magic users, that's all," he told them. "Just making sure you aren't suspicious people." He told them.

"Aah..." Skye trailed and they made their way to the restaurant.

Storm cleared her voice as they sat up, "so what do you guys want?" She asked. She closed pushed the menu away from herself, "I just want a bibimbap," she stretched her arms.

Skye looked at her, "you always want a bibimbap," she told her and laughed. "I guess I'll take a dolsot bibimbap1."

The boys just stared blankly at their menus. "Well... I don't know, there's so many to choose from," Minho spoke, biting his lip.

"You haven't been here before?" Skye raised an eyebrow. "I mean, it's right across from your guild."

Key breathed, and blaoted his cheeks. "Well, it's not exactly the easiest thing to get here when mundanes are on your all the time, cause you're a singer. It's like Mission Impossible to even leave the guild," he sighed.

"Aah..." The girls huffed.

The silent awkwardness grew and no one spoke except for Skye when she ordered their food.

"How are we going to get them to come with us?" Storm asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know! I'm tired of thinking! Can't we just grab them, and throw them in the trunk, and get it over with?" Skye asked, throwing her head onto the table.

Everyone looked at her surprised.

"Sorry, I'm kind of frustrated for my university admission forms," she scrunched up her nose.

The five boys nodded.

"That was so stupid of me," Skye scolded herself.

"That was pretty funny though," Storm said, hiding her laughter.

Skye glared at her and noticed an odd looking hand from the washroom hallway that called to her.

She looked at Storm, "I'll be right back," she told her, and Storm followed her gaze.

She nodded.

Skye rose from her seat, "if you'd excuse me... I have to use the washroom," she cleared ; escaping the tense atmosphere over there.

She cautiously made her way into the dark spacious hallway and felt herself being pinned against the wall. The impact against her back took her breath away and she coughed loudly.

Skye closed her eyes, sensing the familiar presence. Her eyes snapped open as she knew who it was. "Hyunseok? What are you doing here?"


Chapter three's right here! It's by me! LeeSkye06. (: <3

I'll give you the definition of the one word I wouldn't be surprised if you knew, or didn't know ~

1 Dolsot bibimbap is the same as bibimbap technically, but it's just served in a stone pot.

This chapter was quite a pain to write, because I really had amazing ideas for it, but... it died after trying to explain it. BUT ANYWAYS. I hoped you guys enjoyed it.

I apologize that my writing format is so much different from KeyBabyy's but you know... nothing I can do about it.

I'm not KeyBabyy. I am so sorry ~

I followed the color scheme from KeyBabyy's chapter because I thought it would be less confusing for you guys.

And... what else...?

Ideas of my chapter are based on a few mangas and animes here and there, but not completely.

My ideas are entirely my own, it's the inspiration that comes from the mangas and animes.

I get most of my ideas from the soundtrack, hence...

The City Hunter OST and the Fairy Tail OST.

Ehehehe ~

Anyways, Next chapter will be written by KeyBabyy.

Get ready for the next chapter! (:

I bet something epic's going to happen.