01 | Save Me

Find Me

“Soyeon!” Ji Yong calls out, eager to see his girlfriend, but he is only greeted to a dark house.  Nothing’s on; the lights are all off.  “Soyeon?” he asks, walking closer into the living room.  Maybe she wants to surprise me? “Baby, where are you?”

    Soyeon’s bright and cheerful voice is nowhere to be heard and Ji Yong freezes, thinking that worst is about to come.  Maybe someone from his past came back to hurt him and took her away?  No.  Impossible.  Or maybe...Soyeon just left to go get milk because they ran out?  He doesn’t know.  But all he knows is that his girlfriend isn’t in their home and he is starting to get worried.

    His hand searches for the home phone on top of the built-in counter before he grabs the phone and turns it on.  Ji Yong dials the first number that comes to mind―Soyeon’s number.  The phone rings and rings until no one answers his call.  Weird, she would normally answer his calls even if she were sick and couldn’t move.  She wouldn’t just leave the phone ringing.

     Ji Yong groans, running a hand through his hair as he dials Seung Hyun’s number.  “Come on...pick up!” he yells, pacing back and forth through the living room.

    After the third ring, Seung Hyun answers his phone in a tired voice, “What do you want, Ji?”

    “Soyeon...” he trails off, Ji Yong’s voice shivering as he starts to speak again.  “She’s not here, and―and she’s not answering her phone.  Hyung, what do you think’s going on?”

    Seung Hyun’s ears immediately perk up when he hear’s that Soyeon is not answering her phone.  He knows Soyeon, and she would always answer her phone―no matter what.  “She’s...she’s not answering her phone?”

    “Yeah, she isn’t.”

    Seung Hyun’s right hand rubs his face.  “Let me call her.  Maybe she’ll answer my call.”

    Seung Hyun puts the younger male on hold as he dials Soyeon’s number.  The phone starts to ring and he waits, and waits, and waits until no one answers the phone.  His eyes widen.  What Ji Yong said earlier was true.  Soyeon isn’t answering her phone, which is unusual of her.  “She didn’t answer,” Seung Hyun tells Ji Yong calmly, trying to be the calm one in this conversation.  After all, he is the oldest.  He can’t let the younger ones see him break down.

    Ji Yong’s legs buckle under him and he falls to the ground with the home phone still in hand.  He doesn’t want to cry, but he can feel the tears trying to escape his eyes as he curses himself in his head.  “.  .  .” he repeats over and over again.  “What the hell is happening?!  Who would take her from me?”

    And all of a sudden, the sound of his cell phone ringing pierces through the air and Ji Yong immediately runs to his phone, answering it just in case that it’s Soyeon.  “Oh, Ji Yong!” the voice on the other side exclaims and Ji Yong’s jaw tightens.  That voice...I hate it so much.  “How’re you holding up, hyung?”

    “Jun Hyung,” Ji Yong sneers, the home phone clattering onto the hardwood floor.  “What the do you want?”

    “That’s not a nice way to speak to your dongsaeng, hyung,” he comments.  “After all, you don’t want anything bad happening to your girl, right?” Jun Hyung chuckles bitterly, knowing he has Ji Yong’s full attention.  “Ah, what’s her name again?  Jiyeon?  Miyeon?  No...Soyeon.”

    Ji Yong grips the counter for support as he listens to the annoying voice of Yong Jun Hyung.  He didn’t expect him to be the person to take his girlhis life.  He was actually expecting the person to be Jaejoong, or even Woo Young.  Not Jun Hyung.  Not the kid who wanted to be exactly like him when they were growing up.  Not the kid who decided that hurting people is best thing in the world.  Not him.

    “What do you want?” Ji Yong spits out, trying to control his anger by not throwing the phone at the wall and destroying every piece of furniture in their humble apartment.

    “I want you to know how it feels,” Jun Hyung murmurs.

    “How what feels?”

    “How it feels to have the one thing you truly love in life taken away from you,” Jun Hyung bluntly tells him.  “Oh, would you like to talk to Soyeon now?  Boy, can she put up a fight,” he nonchalantly says before he passes the phone to a confused and frightened Soyeon.

    “J-Ji?” she asks into the phone, her voice shivering because of the cold air hitting her through the open window of Jun Hyung’s car.  “I’m scared.”

    “Baby,” he utters slowly, trying to sooth her with his soft words.  Ji Yong doesn’t want her to be even more frightened than she already is.  “Are you okay?  Did he hurt you?  Do you know where you are?”

    Tears feel up Soyeon’s eyes, and her voice cracks as she begins to talk.  “I-I’m fine.  I’m in his car and―”

    Jun Hyung’s arm instantly snaps out and grabs the phone from her ear, making the tears fall down her face like a waterfall as she silently sobs.  “Oops.  She said too much,” he sings.  Bastard.

    “D-don’t kill her,” Ji Yong pleads.  He never, ever, thought that he would be pleading to Jun Hyung, but now he is.  “Kill me instead.  I’ll even let you shoot me in the head,” he continues.  “J-just don’t hurt her.”

    Jun Hyung sighs.  “You do not know how much I would love to shoot a bullet right through your head,” he starts.  “I won’t kill her...unless you do something stupid on your part.”

    A tiny, tiny, part of Ji Yong feels relieved.  “Thank you.”

    “But you better follow directions, araseo?” Jun Hyung’s voice turning more powerful as he starts to tell Ji Yong what he wants him to do.  “If you want your girlfriend so bad, I want you to go in your car and drive all the way to the W Hotel in Seoul.  There’s a phone under the bench in front of it.  You have an hour to get there.”

    Ji Yong wastes no time to get out of the apartment and into his parked Bentley.  Instead of taking the elevator, he takes the stairs and runs down all of ten flights of stairs in a minute.  In a few seconds he has his car started and ready to go.  With his gun that he rarely uses placed in the secret spot under the steering wheel, Ji Yong starts to drive.

    “You better not call any of your buddies or I will kill her,” Jun Hyung adds, and Ji Yong can hear a slight whimper in the background.  “When I hang up, throw your phone on the side of the road.”

    “Can I at least tell her I love her?”

    Jun Hyung sighs dramatically, annoyed with all the mushiness coming from the two.  He never expected Ji Yong to have a soft bone in his used to be cruel body.  “Fine.”

    He hands Soyeon the phone and she swiftly places it on her ear.  “Soyeon, jagiya,” Ji Yong starts, his teeth grinding together as he tries not to scare her by the sound of his angry voice.  He doesn’t want to hear her cries―her tears hurt him as much as they hurt her.  “I love you.  I love you so ing much.  Please...wait for me, araseo?”

    “Of course I’ll wait,” she responds, her lips barely curving up into a smile.  “I’ll always wait.”

    Jun Hyung grabs the phone from Soyeon once again before he ends his conversation with Ji Yong.  “Bye, hyung!  Can’t wait to see you.”

    The phone turns off and Ji Yong throws his phone out the open window of his car with his signature glare on his face.  Ji Yong can’t think straight.  All he can think about is beating the out of Jun Hyung before he goes and rescues Soyeon.  No one messes with G-Dragon’s girl and gets away with it.  His foot presses down harder on the pedal as his Bentley accelerates through the almost-empty streets of Seoul.  His eyes snap towards the clock on his car.  Fifty-six minutes to go until showdown.