she loves being called joohyun

velvet

seungwan realizes she’s been lacking. 

washing her face thoroughly, she looked past the mirror into the strained creases between her brows.

“i can’t this up, i’m better than this.” she reminded herself sternly. “pull your act together seungwan and get the job done, you’ve already exposed yourself enough” 

seungwan narrowed her eyes upon seeing her reflected disappointment. it was embarrassing and flat out unprofessional. she’d never been so judgemental to herself ever since her early years, freshly high with expectations. 

it’s been three days since their last confrontation in the café and each day seungwan grew more cautious. for the job she told yeri would be done in five days only took less than six hours to complete. purely from frustration at failing miserably with the younger one. she used the frustration to accomplish a quick arrest. still having no effect in satisfying her disappointment. It actually made her feel worse.

leaving the bathroom she stepped to the outside balcony, stopping halfway to take her phone off the couch and into her back pocket. 

the morning sun rays beamed brightly. the sky blended a warm orangish- yellow that complimented the sunrise.

as a habit, she closed the sliding door behind her. 

seungwan kept hesitant. considering if she was being overly dramatic at the way her heartbeat quickened sporadically. mustering all that she could, seungwan pressed on joohyun numbers, clinging onto the phone so tightly in anxiousness. 

because of yeri’s immature scheming, she had the audacity to leave her joohyun’s number instead of hers. very well knowing that seungwan would have to call the actress to ask for her sister’s number instead. it was impressive and irritating at the same time.

the other line connected quickly having known seungwan number at this point. 

“seungwan?! how’ve you been doing” her voice filled with worries, surprising seungwan as she smiled to herself. that voice. so childish yet so mature was something seungwan hated to admit she missed. 

she withheld her emotions before responding, taking in a long, sharp breath. her professionalism was at risk, “i’m doing good. i actually wanted to ask you for yeri’s number” 

the other line went silent causing slight doubt for seungwan to continue. upon receiving no reply, she called out joohyun’s name 

“yes—um. did you need her number for anything important?” it was indecisive to why her voice came as whispers, the extent of almost sounding weak. 

“nothing serious.” seungwan nonchalantly reassured. she leaned back and lifted her chin at the full exposure of the soft morning sky. silence coated their conversation once again from an unresponsive joohyun. 

as per what she hoped on receiving was reaching nowhere. in order to encourage their small talk, she pressed forwards. 

“we have mutual friends. i forgot to ask for her number last we met” 

“understandable.” seungwan was slightly taken back at the stoic reply. jotting down the number, she coughed out a simple ‘thank you’ which to her extent, was an indirect message of saying goodbye though joohyun thought otherwise.

“is this about the drug dealings that yeri involved you in?” seungwan eyes widened like a deer caught in headlights. she had no words to respond to a question like that. had she thought yeri would keep it discreet from the way she was behaving. 

“did yeri tell you this?”

“yeri can’t keep a secret even if her life depended on it and yes, she told me the situation in a panic.” 

“is that all yeri said?” joohyun understood what seungwan meant and decided to answer truthfully

“look, we’ve only met and i’m not one to pick on someone’s personal life. it doesn’t bother me to who you are as i think it’s an amazing line of work. truly” 

in order to not completely lose her sanity, she clenched her teeth, resisting the temptation to correct whatever words slipped out of joohyuns lips. 

her bosses . she’d had to accuse multiple innocent people who’ve tinkered in bad environments. so many useless contracts were weighted against her. the pressure of being constantly controlled. she wanted an out. no. she needed an out. 

her breath got trapped in her chest, struggling to find words to say. in the end, it truly wasn’t in her control to change one's mind even if it tortured her. 

having known this would have caused seungwan to doubt herself entirely, she would’ve ended the discussion without hesitation.

still, seungwan remained silent. she couldn’t do it. not to someone like joohyun even if her brain wanted otherwise. the dark-chocolate haired actress was deteriorating every value she persisted.

“would it be weird if i invited you to come to red velvet? i mean, you don’t have too but take this as congratulations for your new movie.” 

truthfully, it wasn’t as far-fetched as she imagined. slipped with words she seemingly felt comfortable with. perhaps joohyun’s cute giggles left her heart with ease, almost forgetting the weighted tension from the upcoming mission

“i would love too but i don’t think staking-out for a drug deal bust is much of congratulations.” her laughs only grew louder when seungwan stuttered in an incoherent mess. 

the pinkish blush that paints seungwans cheeks stood prominent. she rubbed the back of her neck and despite joohyun taking the offer lightly, she urged to clear the misunderstanding. 

seungwan obvious embarrassment completely fazed past as quickly as it was brought up. joohyun cleared for attention, shutting up seungwan mumbles immediately. 

“i don’t mind coming though- wait, how’d you know about my new movie?” 

seungwan steps closer to the handlebars, loosely letting her arms drape over as she made contact to a massive billboard that stood above the express highway. jooyhun angelic face plastered all over it. 

“i mean- now that i notice it your face is everywhere i go. people really adore you here.” 

“for a second i thought you just kept imagining me everywhere you go” her loud, obnoxious laugh startled the other line. had she know joohyun would again, she wouldn’t have pressed her phone close to her ear. 

it was adorable nevertheless. she really kept pushing buttons seungwan didn’t know she had.

 “wha- i mean- just- yah! it’s not like that ok, there’s a lot of billboards showing your new movie.” seungwan countered cutely. she wasn’t a person to do aegyo but the way joohyun kept teasing made her feel childish. 

“how is it?” seungwan brows furrowed

“huh?” 

“how is it? the billboards. would you like my new movie from seeing them?!” jonghyun's voice squeaked when giving seungwan a brief overview, “it’s about a girl cast in a reality tv show on an island. simple survival shows and whatnot but then people start dy-no i’ll stop. you should watch it!” seungwan smiles in a giddy manner when listening intently to how enthusiastic joohyun was about her movie. 

“you’re really happy about this movie aren’t you?” 

joohyun sighed dramatically, “you can’t understand how frustrating it is to always be involved in romance movies. the directors and producers even my audience idolize my face and nothing more.” she paused momentarily, “it’s just a breath of fresh air to be in a thriller movie instead.” 

it was surprisingly mature for joohyun to open up about her frustration when working in the acting industry. having known joohyun for only a couple of days, it sounded like they’ve known each other their whole lives. 

seungwan fixated her view to joohyun’s billboard once again. knowing now, the younger admits that the actresses feature are breathtaking whether it was from her small mouth to her ebony hair. she couldn’t have judged much further, acting wise. 

“i haven’t watched any of your movies yet” she admits truthfully

“really?! you have to come to the premiere then. it’s this saturday if you can?” the younger wouldn’t have hesitated in saying a yes but from having no experience in walking red carpets, discomfort shadowed her opinion. 

“i don’t know about that joohyun. it’s not that i don’t want to watch your movies it’s just- i don’t know what to do in a movie premiere. with all the cameras and all.” her doubts were immediately shut down with the softness and convincing way joohyun spoke. 

“you have nothing to worry about seungwan. i’ll be there for the most part and i’ll be there with you. i promise no one else.” she reassured as if they were dating. the younger understood the change in atmosphere and left joohyuns mind at ease before she continued with her remarks.

“fine, i’ll go-but you really don’t have to be around me all the time. it would be dreadful in having unnecessary attention.” both agreed and shortly after when joohyun had to run her errands, seungwan ended the call to again redial yeri's number. 

it only took her a couple of minutes in finalizing her decision with yeri on her upcoming mission. though having less to no idea to yeris acknowledgement or involvement with her, she played along in an unauthorized case to finally get answers. and she sure as hell is gonna get it. 

...

“there-no not there, over there!” both yeri and seungwan crouched, looking past the crowd to see two middle-aged men sitting rather uncomfortable on the bar stool, whispering in each other's ears. without context, it almost looked as if they were flirting. when looking more intently, their expression was on alert, scanning the room filled with people jumping to the intense vibrations. 

were they expecting someone? 

yeri tugged harshly on her skin tight dress. she prefers wearing a suit but yeri made it clear that the unwilling attention would ruin the entire stake out if she looks too professional. that idea was sooner regretted when her skin twisted in pain by the touch of the younger fingers.

“ow?! what…what are you pointing at now?” 

seungwan eyes followed the tips of yeri’s fingers until it leads to a younger-looking man, possibly even her age, making his way torturously slow to the other two. as if he didn’t want unwanted attention. 

it didn’t faze the older girl from how the man walked with purpose. his outfit was sharp. a black velvet suit with a blood-red tie that fits perfectly with his hair colour. if seungwan would stereotype, he definitely let off a filthy rich atmosphere. 

“you see that hot looking dude right there” seungwan hoisted a nod. anticipating to figure the identity of the unknown, his face looks all too familiar but she couldn’t put her finger on it. “that’s suho. he and those guys come here weekly” 

seungwan finally figured it out. “suho...wait is this the suho whose in the same new movie as joohyun?” seungwan couldn’t deny that she thoroughly researched before she goes to the premiere. in the line of work she does, it becomes a habit. it was correct that his facial feature looked familiar but from what she’s seen, his hair was black for the purpose of the movie instead of red. 

“mans filthy rich” as she presumed, “i have a hunch that he’s shipping a larger portion of drugs under my nose” seungwan eyes widened comically, she snapped her neck to face yeris who looked a little startled at the olders reaction

“what do mean ‘hunch’” i thought you had concrete evidence to this, not a hunch” 

“that’s what i need you for, you’re gonna figure out if it’s true or not. go to him…” she scrunched her nose at his direction, “flirt a little-i don’t know maybe even use your little charm and swoon him. the more he softens the better” 

she genuinely believed that yeris had gone insane. to believe that he would actually tell his entire life’s secret, that could potentially destroy his entire, to some flirty girl. it was beyond insane and not what she signed up for. 

“i can’t do that yeri you know—"

“please-just try it out and if it doesn’t work then it doesn’t work. please. just once.” the way yeri pouted made seungwan purse her lips. clear with disappointment and regretfulness. 

“you better owe me big time” 

...

“you’re kidding me?! that’s impossible?!” she faked a giggle

seungwan cautiously rubbed suhos upper thighs. slow enough to make desire cloud his judgements. 

the other two suited men were long gone. leaving her with her prey all to herself. if it weren’t for yeri burning stare, she wouldn’t do such risky advances to get answers. it wasn’t who she was and she wasn’t ever planning to be.

in her practical vision, yeri gestured seungwan to lean in closer. she couldn’t help but groan before accepting the circumstances.

suho’s rose his hands defensively, gleaming his cheekiest smile. “hey i’m serious, i don’t ever use stunt doubles. especially when it comes to scenes” seungwan wanted to puke right then and there. the amount of confidence spewing from him was sickening. 

the thought of exposing him and that greasy overconfidence was the only thing she desired that night. 

tugging the corners of her lips into a flirtatious smile, she narrowed her eyes just enough for him to believe she’s been overtaken by lust. 

“tell me what else you can do without a stunt double” her voice breathlessly leaning closer

“suho—seungwan?!” 

both almost snapped their necks from the unexpected yet familiar voice. it was a relief that something stopped her before she did something she’s would definitely regret.

more like someone. someone that looked down at her with disbelief. 

her actions automatically jerked suhos chest. enough distance to stop his horndog breathing from itching her neck. 

this couldn’t be happening. why of all places did joohyun have to see something that’s not her.

‘yah! just say something, anything to her’

felt parched. unable to assure joohyun of the truth. simple hi hello felt foreign.

suho cheeky smile looked irritated. if he hasn’t wrapped her arms around seungwans waist she would definitely forget the current situation. 

but sadly she couldn’t. and sadly she couldn’t just punch that pretty face right off of him. 

“irene!” 

'she loves being called joohyun

“what brings you here?” something felt off. aside from the awkward tension between her and joohyun, suho expression twisted in disgust. it wasn’t obvious if she didn’t see his eyebrows twitch. there was something definitely off. 

joohyun kept her eyes on seungwan, especially on how the tight black dress curved her body so perfectly. she hated how suho kept looking at seungwans ravishing body. she hated how his sloppy hands kept rubbing her waist and she especially hated how seungwan encouraged it

“i uhhhh… i- i just came to meet a friend. she’s coming soon i think” 

“have fun than” his cheekiness was replaced with bitterness, clearly not hiding his genuine emotions to joohyun anymore. 

seungwan kept mum. she knew joohyun was burning holes into her skin with those stares. the desperation to explain was spewing from the youngers pouting.

‘just not right now. i’ll explain later please’ she thought to herself. wishing for joohyun to understand

“ma’am your booth is ready if you can please” the man in security attire gestures her to the far left booth. 

‘this can’t be’ seungwan cursed out loud, ‘i knew he looked familiar.’

a sudden wave of realization hit seungwan like a truck. she excused herself, scurrying along before suho could complain.

yeri kept the same rigid posture from where they left off only now her face was painted in panic. 

“what are you doing here!?”

seungwan didn’t waste any time explaining, “their not dealing drugs at all. joohyun. their gonna do something to joohyun” 

...

A/N: it’s been a while guys and i'm back with another chapter. sincerely sorry for taking so long but i hope you guys enjoy reading as much as i enjoy writing. 

i want to assure everyone who thinks the wenrene ship is slowly dying while the chapters progress... no it won't i promise ;))))

what's gonna happen to joohyun? what is seungwan taking about? lets find out next time.... ;)