are you famous?

velvet

. my head” seungwan clenched her head in agony. the night before remained a blur and every time she put an effort to remember, the piercing pain of an excruciating hangover overwhelmed her.

 

her breath hitched as she took in her surroundings, immediately scattering around, searching for her phone.

 

it was unfamiliar to where she was. possibility a motel. though its feature was too fancy to be considered one. perhaps a hotel.

 

the room was massive with a well-modernized aesthetic, including a wall window that exposed seouls cityscape. the room must’ve cost a fortune.

 

before she knew it, the sound of her phones tune filled the silent room. she ran across the other side hastily, stumbling several times in the process yet still managing to catch the call before it ended

 

“hel—!”

 

“where the are you seungwan?! you can't just bail on me like that or at least tell me. i’ve called you ten times now and it’s not like you to not pick up?! i’m worried sick. where are you?!

 

“woah, so many questions.” she replied meekly, appreciating the fact that seulgi was genuinely worried for her care. “i don’t know where i am to be honest. maybe a hotel i think?”

 

she heard seulgis voice squeal before the line then went completely silent. seungwan could feel herself turning paler after already anticipating the latter’s response.

 

“it’s not like that i—”

 

“don’t tell me you actually got action last night? omo seungwan that’s what i’m talking about! this girl must’ve been special to get into your pants though.” she playfully teased. giggling even louder after hearing seungwans groan.

 

as i was saying.” she exaggerated, “it’s not like that. i’ll tell you what’s going on later”

 

“you totally banged!” seulgi voice pitched excruciatingly loud at the girls hangover

 

“no i didn’t.” she clarified, in a stern low manner, “and can you please shut up. my head can’t handle you this early in the morning.”

 

“early morning? it’s 3 pm dude.” seungwan breath hitched followed with mindless curses here and there. she scurried around the hotel room, breathlessly collecting all her belongings from the cream-coloured couch.

 

“ ok seulgi i gotta go. i’ll talk to you later” the brunette didn’t hesitate, ending the call and immediately heading to the door.

 

her pace abruptly stopped after noticing a slip of paper on the bedside table.

 

‘hey seungwan. you’re probably very confused right now and I don’t blame you. to summarize, you were very drunk the night before and since I didn’t know where you lived, I booked a hotel to accommodate. i hope this doesn’t bother you and i’m very sorry if it does. there wasn’t much to use in this hotel but i left a tylenol even though it’s not very effective. i’m also extremely sorry I could stay for long. I had to leave for an early photo shoot. i hope you find this well and if there’s anything wrong, here’s my number xxx hope you feel better!’

-joohyun

 

seungwan bit her lips, then pouted. she confided her mind, trying to recollect every ounce of memory from the night before.

 

joohyun. joohyun was definitely there though someone was with her, possibly a close friend she imagined. but how did she get so drunk and what did joohyun mean by photoshoot?

 

her pout grew deeper, clearly disappointed at the lack of information. the letter was too consist and unable to answer her needy questions. besides that, she also wanted to apologize for her actions she put on towards the poor girl.

 

her mind drew blank stares at the outside landscape, all she could hear is her phone continuously notifying a new message.

 

seungwan hated to be scornfully reminded of work, especially today. as much as she appreciates seulgi straightforwardness, by messages for her whereabouts, the dirty remarks in the text were just unnecessary.

 

she considered if she should attend work but alas, she did not. she pulled back onto the king sized bed, letting out a long, exhausted groan as she stretched her aching muscles.

 

the girl couldn’t help finding herself looking back at the complementary hangover remedies joohyun had left for her. she hesitated, her face remained uncertain, inevitably, she took the tylenol and eased it through with the water.

 

the tylenol was as useless as she had imagined but the effort joohyun put towards a truly tiring wasted seungwan was certainly impressive. she unknowingly smiled to herself, easing the hangovers effects better than the pill itself.

 

it i’m calling her

 

she quickly typed in joohyuns number, the anticipated call took longer than expected. she almost ended the call until she heard the line connect. it startled her at how low and husky joohyun sounded. she must’ve been still at work.

 

“hello?” she questioned more than greeted

 

“hey joohyun, it’s me seungwan.” the brunette was surprised at how sheepish her voice croaked

 

“seungwan?! you actually called me! sorry i didn’t have your number so i thought you were a spam” she started to chuckle, “anyway how are you feeling?”

 

“i’ve had better days uhm… i just wanted to apologize for the mess i put on you yesterday. is there anyway i can accommodate?”

 

joohyun began to chuckle again, she insisted otherwise.

 

“don’t be silly. i don’t need anything—”

 

“please, i insist. you're not saying no to this.” seungwan persisted, not taking no for an answer

 

“seriously wendy. you don’t need to do anything”

 

seungwan was determined to make joohyun comply. she desperately wanted to pay back to the latter act of kindness.

 

“ok. how about i take you out for lunch?”

 

“seriously—wait lunch? you mean today?” seungwan inaudibly laughed at joohyuns change of mind

 

“yeah today. if you’re free of course?” the silence that followed along made seungwan nervous. maybe she asked to quickly? it wasn’t long for her to be proven wrong.

 

“i asked my manager and she’s letting me out for a bit. there’s this amazing bistro café called dimitri's corner, it's close to my work. should we go there?”

 

“sounds great. meet you in thirty?”

 

seungwan could hear joohyun cheerful hum in response. she seemingly agreed to a behaviour she hadn’t done for years. yesterday was a breath of fresh air that approached a new emotion in seungwan. she was delighted and nervous and anything and everything at the same time.

 

pacing around wasn’t definitely not helping. she stood and turned to regard her features in the full-length mirror. aside from her blazer resting in her hands, the outfit was the same from yesterday.

 

gradually, a disbelief look on her face, seungwan took her steps to the door. it was to her disadvantage to not have other outfits for these situation. to be honest, she wasn’t upset, the outfit still suited her awfully well.

 

the street leading to the cafe was hectic. the traffic was pushing slowly as they gradually leave work for the day. the sidewalks weren’t any better. thin and unable to withhold the capacity of those leaving work.

 

seungwan hated crowds. the nearby restaurants were packed creating hesitation for seungwan. she wasn’t looking forward to eating around here. the gps lead her to an alleyway trailing to a rather small, enclosed street. all the honking and bustling of city life slowly drowned out as she walked further deep.

 

the street lights were carved differently which complimented the colourful stores. it had a cute town atmosphere and seungwan felt more in peace as she sighed in relief. she seemed to love joohyun taste, the cafe was decorated with lowly-dimmed fairy lights and reddish-brown bricks that has unique art plaster all around.

 

“woah” was all she could mutter as she walked to counter where a woman, possibly younger than her, waited in anticipation.

 

“hello there miss. welcome to dimitri’s corner. might i ask, are you seungwan?”

 

she replied with a quick nod, seungwan was curious if she knew the woman.

 

“ms. bae is waiting for you on the outside patio. she asked for you” the woman said, pointing just past the window at the arranged table and chairs. there she saw joohyun, sitting there patiently, unknowing to the other's presence. she wore a sundress, hugging tight to her small waist. her delicate hand curled the rested teacup to her lower lips.

 

she was truly mesmerizing. a completely different persona from yesterday which seungwan admired.

 

the younger continued as she smiled amusingly at seungwans lingering eyes, “i see you’ve taken a liking to ms. bae.” now smirking, “hope you enjoy yourself m but not too much.”

 

seungwan panicked when then girl winked at her.

 

“don’t say that. it’s not like that. i’m just thanking her for helping me out.” her voice came out as a hush. she didn’t want joohyun to hear this girls wild imagination.

 

“sure sure” she teased

 

“look. ms…?”

 

“yeri. just called me yeri.” she leaned her body closer. resting her head within her palms.

 

“look yeri. let’s keep this to us. she very attractive and we both know that. but in no way am i her type or is she mines.” the reaction yeri gave wasn’t as she expected

 

“the way you look at her says otherwise seungwan” within a second, yeri spiralled around back to work. “ms. bae is still waiting for you.”

 

opened to counter back yet nothing escaped. yeri’s lips curled upwards again as she heard seungwan huff in defeat before leaving to the patio

 

the patio was as beautiful as the interior inside. she walked towards joohyun who smiled back at her. her honey gaze lingered until seungwan finally took the seat across from her. facing each other, only a feet apart.

 

“i’m sorry I’m late. traffics crazy at this time.” she apologized bashfully. barely remaining eye contact at joohyuns piercing gaze.

 

“it’s alright. i only came shortly before you. how are you feeling by the way?” her hands rested at a close distance to seungwans.

 

“much better surprisingly. thank you for yesterday joohyun and i’m sorry if i did anything stupid” joohyun laughed in response

 

“do you ever realize that you say sorry a lot. it’s fine seungwan. truly.” her hands slithered closer

 

“but you seriously didn’t have to check me into a five-star hotel. isn’t that gonna affect you. money wise?”

 

“i’m presuming you don’t know” joohyun acknowledged seungwans confusion

 

“know what?”

 

joohyun lips pursed, eyes narrowing to her fidgeting hands that outlined the teacups rim.

 

“thank you” she meeked softly

 

seungwan confusion intensified. wasn’t it her who needed to say that?

 

she laughed lowly. not sure if joohyun was being serious or not. “thank you? i didn’t do anything”

 

“you didn’t label me as someone. everyone does. everyone wants me for my looks. for my money and all i could do is smile for them. so thank you, i really mean it”

 

there was silence. seungwan started collecting pieces of information in her mind.

 

photoshoot. five-star hotel. manager. is joohyun famous?

 

are you famous?” she thought out loud, receiving a smile from joohyun.

 

“i was secretly hoping you wouldn’t find out. you’d think of me differently now”

 

it was seungwan who intertwined their fingers, “no-no absolutely not. i don’t care about your money and i certainly don’t want a five-star hotel. i think of you as the person who helped me at my lowest point.” she realized her action and quickly pulled back, “i probably sound like i’m lying but i seriously don’t catch up with the media.”

 

they both laughed. it was comforting even through processing the new information, she didn’t bother bringing it up for the rest of their time together.

 

for that moment, they found comfort in each other discussion. both confessed their liking for soft jazz and literature. though every time joohyun asked about her work,  she would brush that topic for a new one.

 

yeri would occasionally break their discussions, making her presence known at the table. the worker would passive-aggressively tease seungwan, interrupting their meal with her personal questions.

 

she had only met this girl today but the temptation to back was reaching its peak. she restrained herself for the sake of her image but mainly since joohyun has a very close relation to her.

 

“oh shoot i totally forgot. seungwan” she hand gestured at the girls direction, “this is my sister, yeri

...

A/N: and that's a wrap. this chapter is a little longer then what i planned but i'm overall satisfied with the outcome. i would seriously love some criticism for further chapters and even some encouragement. i love making this story and i hope you love it too ;)) <3333