why involve me

velvet

it was all coming back to her in a daze. 

“yeri? don’t you own red velvet?”

joohyun spoke instead, “she does and this is a long and quite complicated story. to begin with, her friend, who’s the owner, is currently sick so being the kind soul that she is, is taking his place for the day.” she smiled proudly at the younger one's commitment, though yeri’s frown only grew deeper. sulking against joohyun’s seat.

“i was more blackmailed then asked. this place is too cutesy for my taste” there were only a few customers outside in the patio, allowing yeri to engage further into the already interrupting conversation

she smirked wickedly at seungwan's direction, “speaking of working, seungwan what do you do for work?” 

seungwan was caught off guard at the directed question. her dry attempts in avoiding this certain conversation had led to both joohyun and yeri staring aimlessly. 

her words were drawing blanks. she knew for a fact that telling joohyun about her job would open up too many unanswered questions. 

she stammered, catching her breath before continuing. “i work as a photographer”

“really for which company?” yeri enthused pretentiously, a soft chuckle escaping , winking at the now agitated seungwan.  

“i do more personal work. i’m not signed to any company” her voice wry. thick and straight to the point. it wasn’t a complete lie though. before her life as a bounty hunter, she had dabbled in photography projects to make quick cash. 

joohyun leaned forwards, “that’s amazing seungwan, i’d love to have a photoshoot with you someday if you're ever available? ” 

she simply smiled and nodded, tearing her gaze away from joohyun, narrowing her eyes. she couldn’t let that distract her from the fact that yeri kept gazing at her every action. she sipped her water to prevent further questions. 

“i don’t know” yeri exaggerated, “i don’t see you as a photographer. you look like you’re a firefighter or police… or maybe a bounty hunter.”  her words cause seungwan to choke frantically on her water. 

“are you okay!?” seungwan held her hand out, preventing joohyun from coming closer

“i”m” she coughed harshly, “i’m good, wrong pipe i guess.” seungwan laughed awkwardly before continuing, “don’t worry about me” 

her eyes darted at yeri's direction, realizing she stopped with any further interrogation. 

‘does she know about me?’ seungwan thought to herself, ‘only big disruptors know my information so how could she possibly know? unless she doesn’t and i’m just being paranoid.’ 

she hadn’t realized she’d been subconsciously gripping her glass tightly until she felt joohyun hands on hers. softly caressing her knuckles until seungwan pained expression eased. 

seungwan cleared and awkwardly scratch her neck. “i should probably leave to meet up with seulgi. your manager’s anyways waiting outside.” she pointed past the café at the matte-black masterati. their joohyun's manager leaned against it, eyeing their conversation intently. 

nervous washed over both their faces as the manager looked rather impatient. 

“sorry, my manager isn't usually like this. i'm assuming i've stayed for too long though time really does go fast when having fun." she enthused, placing her purse over her shoulders, still following seungwans movements “let’s do this again” 

“and come by the club anytime” seungwan forgot about yeri's presence at the table. joohyuns alluring stares followed by her soft smile was strangely distracting. hadn’t been a bounty hunter, these small traits of hers would’ve seemed meaningless as she routinely had to observe a person thoroughly to make a successful arrest. 

this was different in so many ways. joohyun outcome wouldn’t have ended in jail which only furthered seungwans lack of control. mostly to her emotions

upon seeing joohyuns smiles, she smiled back. it became something seungwan appreciates looking at. 

“of course.” seungwan carefully responded, directing her word only towards joohyun. 

they both exited the café into the narrow street to which joohyun manager signalled for her.

seungwan anticipated for joohyun to look back, to which she did. the girl simply waved goodbye, sitting inside the maserati before it drove off.

not until the car was out of sight did she turn her entire body weight to face the café's entrance. she then glanced at yeri, who fidgeted with the tips of her hair.

seungwan half-expected the younger one to answer the over-anticipated question but upon seeing her unbothered expression, she doubted it otherwise. 

aimlessly figuring a method to confront without completely exposing herself, she stepped forwards to yeri's direction, still stubbornly refusing to acknowledge her. 

“do you know?” seungwan insisted on a conversation. yeri unresponsive attitude gave her the opportunity to continue. she needed to know before curiosity gets the best of her. 

“regarding the situation previously, there’s a strong chance you know”

“know what?” she questioned innocently though seungwan knew otherwise. 

“the discussion of my career. so let me guess, either you’re working with a big investor or you possibly had the capacity to do extensive research on me.” seungwan was now uncertain by the expressionless looks she was receiving. was it a good or bad reaction, she couldn’t fathom. 

“i don’t know what you’re talking about seungwan” pouting, purposely implicating a childish manner. 

yeri smiled to herself as she made a bold move, stepping closer, hovering her lips besides seungwans left ear. 

“or maybe i do know if you do me a simple favour” 

“what favour?!” seungwan jolted herself backwards, incorrhently taken aback by the younger’s spontaneous whispers.

 ...

“you’re telling me that the club, that you exclusively own, is secretly involved with drug dealings without your knowledge. this is rather a police type of investigation then the likes of a bounty hunter. why involve me?”

without clarification, yeri pressed her chest closer to the surface of the table, warying her eyes around for any potential outlookers. 

yeri has clung onto seungwan so tightly until closing the café earlier than usual. in the now-closed grounds, they discussed further on yeri’s favour on the outside patio. 

“if the police get involved, my would go down as much as red velvet and i definitely don’t need that right now.” voice tinged with fear. 

she yanked her seat, bringing it closer and sighing in frustration before lowering her head to touch the table's surface. 

the silence grew long and thick. seungwan was the first to speak up

“but again,” she emphasized, “why me?” it was an uneasy feeling to see yeri’s voice go thin, expressionless without hesitation. 

“i can’t tell you until you help me” she locked eyes with seungwan intensely. asking for no further questions which the latter flatly agreed too. 

just as the plan was escalating, yeri smirked unknowingly to seungwans surprise. leaning back against her chair though still maintaining eye contact. 

“perhaps i could also help you get with joohyun as a bonus” her lips curled mischievously, “hence we both know that is what you want”

seungwan looked around in a haze, scoffing roughly as her face twisted in disbelief. she genuinely thought yeri would’ve given up on encouraging a relationship with her sister. 

the girl definitely got on her nerves 

“stop trying to pair me with your sister. anyway” she slid her business card, pressing it along to yeri. “contact me in five days from now. i have other business to complete beforehand”

yeri completely ignored the card 

“i think you’re absolutely right. she’s anyway gonna end up with jennie again.” she said as a matter of fact. pressing buttons seungwan didn’t know she had.

“what do you mean jennie? who’s jennie?” she blurted. her brows furrowed, clenching the grip to the seat in desperation for answers. something she had done quite a lot today. 

“it doesn’t matter since we’re here for business,” she winked in a mocking gesture, “anyways seungwan, i gotta head to the club now. see you later~” seungwan fell silent upon observing yeri's hastiness. standing up, she skipped away to her vehicle. her car was just as expensive as she expected, driving off in a zenvo, ignoring whatever gazes were thrown at her direction from the brunette. 

out of sight, seungwan took in a deep breath. all she could ask for now is time to herself, which she finally received. 

it ended quick. seungwan began to wonder if she had the patience to handle yeri upon realizing that her business card was left untouched.

regardless of yeri’s provocation, taking on a case like drug dealings could essentially provide benefits to joining the national intelligence services. 

being deep in thought, she finally took notice at the creasing to the card she definitely didn't give it as

with slightly unsteady hands, she flipped the card over to see unfamiliar handwriting. 

‘have fun with this one ;)’
                xxx

aside from yeri's greasiness, the number looked familiar.

“that ing devil” seungwan thought out loud.

from checking back to her latest contacts, her assumption was right. it was joohyuns number. 

...

a/n: a lot to say!!!

first. if you guys don't know what a maserati and a zenvo are, they're basically very costly cars. 

second. OmmMaaaaGaWddD did you guys see blackpink's new comeback, 'kill this love' i'm seriously obsessed and with the album itself. especially kick it has got me rewinding that on repeat ;)))) (we love blackvelvet in this house)

third. geuninly pissed at sm for not promoting close to me remix by ellie goulding ft red velvet. the remix is a bop and sm lacked the effort to hype it up. they've even said that they want red velvet more interactive internationally but clearly, this isn't it. aside from that, the song and the remix is beautiful and imma stream it like hell  >:(

fourth. ok!?!?? i'm kinda shocked i already surpassed 1000 views and is close to 100 subscribers like guys you're gonna make me weep ;O thank you for all the support and please continue to read and like any further chapters <3333