i'm alright

velvet

cursing herself, seulgi raced to where seungwan was previously left. alarms rang off in her head, panicking at the latter's disappearance. 

“seungwan!?” she screeched at a halt to her surprise, seungwan was talking enthusiastically with another person. A person she soon to realize was the uprising actress who had everyone speechless, leaving them to the very corner of their seats from her previous movie. it was the exact same movie she begged seungwan to watch with her yet constantly failed miserably.

as seulgi’s mind busied itself, piecing through every possible explanation to explain the current situation, she was interrupted by seungwans passive-aggressive nudge. 

“what took you so long? am i allowed in now?” her eyebrows cocked upwards 

“that person you were just ta—?” seulgi let out a sigh, reminding herself to bring up the topic later in a more secluded surrounding, “nevermind, yeri told the man off so let’s go in” 

 “let’s go then?” the smaller asked and was hastily dragged into the club without properly saying her goodbye to joohyun. 

joohyun, realizing the girls panic, waved goodbye to the enjoyable company she had before her own friend arrived. 

the two girls, one wearing a well-fitted black suit accompanied by another,  lavishing her curves with her skin-tight dress. both sat in a very compact bar stool, music blasting with flashing bright spotlights enough to create a seizure. 

exactly where seungwan would rather not be. 
her entire being felt on edge. she studied her surrounding, watching as sweaty, equally wasted millennials pushed against each other. 

after ordering two whiskeys on the rocks, seulgi broke into a low cackle “unbelievable. you had the opportunity to talk with bae irene. the bae irene?!”
her voice was practically screaming. excitement spewing as her lips curled into a grin

“daebak, i don't know how you had the chance to meet her but seriously, it amazes me how gorgeous she looks so up close” she giggled as she spoke. 

“seulgi. i’m seriously not sure what you just said. it’s too loud in here.” she tapped her earlobes in a dry attempt to get her message clear.

“what. yeah, it’s too loud i guess. you know what, let’s dance. it’s only fair for the music if we do.” seungwan watched as seulgi slowly sat up, visibly intoxicated, her futile attempt to clinch the youngers hand. 

“you go ahead. i barely finished my drink.” the girl turned her head to give a smile that had not reached her eyes. 

seulgi spoke tenderly though still loud enough for seungwan to hear, “hey, you alright?” 

“surprisingly. i’m alright. it’s just a little hard for me but you know how i am. i just need some time before i can join you” 

reaching out, seulgi placed a hand on the girl's shoulder, giving it a squeeze as she spoke with a worrisome smile, “take your time. call me if anything happens. you know that right?” seungwan nodded slowly which signalled seulgi to join the crowd. 

her eyes focused back towards her drink. twirling her whisky in a circular motion, ice crashing into each other as she desperately found a method of company. 

in a haze, she ran the drink to her lower lips, finishing the reminisces in one gulp. she ordered another one and another one after that until the buzzing sensation of intoxication clouded her thoughts.

“easy there tiger. it’s gonna be a long way back home if you drink like that.” seungwan barely reacted to the strangers stern almost worried voice. “joohyun, i got us seats”

joohyun? was it the same joohyun she met outside. highly possible but her mind wasn’t thinking clearly. 

“sooyoung. this is unnecessary, can’t we just get a private booth” 

“the bartender's a cutie so stop fussing.” 

“expected nothing less from—seungwan?” 

she retracted her head from her resting arms, lifting her body weight against the bar to see the curious eyes of a familiar face she mentioned earlier. 

“seungwan? oh you mean this other cutie” all eyes drawn on her, “how’d you guys know each other?” 

seungwan slurred incoherently at there direction, receiving panic from joohyuns expression. 

“jesus christ seungwan. how much did you drink?” 

“i dunno,” she giggled, “seulgi's gonna kill meh~” 

“seulgi? isn’t that your friend from earlier? where is she?” her voice was thick and full of emotions. 

“shhhh so many questions.” sooyoung was widely entertained as she watched the intoxicated girl press her small finger on the model's lips. 

not only was joohyun unfazed, but she also persisted on taking seungwan safety home. there was a moment of silence between her and sooyoung, the taller one quickly understanding the message from her worried look

she breathes out of long, tired sigh, “go take her home. she needs it” she winked and smirked at the now disgusted joohyun 

“that ing disgusting sooyoung. she’s wasted and i would never.” 

sooyoung raised her hands in defence. “im joking. but I’m just saying, if she wasn’t wasted, you guys would look cute together.” she teased with a low laugh. 

“seungwan could barely hear their conversation. It all came in muffles. even a distinct laugh but barely enough to understand why joohyun was taking her away from the club.

the blasting rnb music drowned out, instead replaced with an intense gush of wind from outside air. 

“ok seungwan, where do you live—seungwan? hey, seungwan?!” 

the younger felt her stomach drop, unable to respond. her chest felt tight, she fought the uncontrollable feeling of puking though managing to restrain herself. 

she couldn’t think straight. eventually, her vision went thick. unaware of her surrounding. In a daze, she clasped joohyun shoulders, maintaining balance but inevitably giving in her weight to the older’s arms. 

joohyuns responded with a tender smile that sadly hadn’t reached her eyes. those deep hazelnut eyes that admired seungwan in disbelief. 

seungwan mouth gawked slightly at the heavenly features that held her tight. that was the last thing she remembered that night before everything went black

... 

A/N: Thanks for the support for this story. Until next time ;)