pleasure to meet you

velvet

the task was quite simple. locate and remove the suspect while drawing no attention to yourself. 

was what she used to think 

undeniably, the potential risk of the bail bondsman to retract her contract or even worse, decrease the percentage of the total bail bond was reaching its limit. 

she had been a bounty hunter, or a bail enforcement agent as she would call it, for far too many years to count nevertheless, though having full authorization to use deadly forces on individuals, the harsh setback from being in various contracts leaves her with far too many prices to pay. 

but not this time. she’s unmistakably is good at getting the job done. and killing was part of it which she willingly had to get used too. 

this time the mission had a different task. 
apprehended a forty-year man who had failed to appear on bail. And get him to surrender himself to the appropriate court. fairly simple, boring even but the contractor paid well. 

she waited for approximately thirty minutes outside the suspect's house in her black SUV. thoroughly rechecking his background research, examining the man's history in illicit activities. 

 it was odd that the man, who had skipped on a countless amount of bails, had the audacity to live in a fully exposed vacancy. it wasn’t for her judgement to complain though it does make her job much quicker.

one ring. one ring was all it took for a slightly overweighted man in a bathrobe to open the doors. his breathing was uneven along with a mask of sweat that glistened his features. 

highly doubt he was exercising. 

“who are you” his thick husky german accent questioned. “what’d you want !?” the man further added, agitating her slightly.

she wasn’t patient enough for a friendly chit-chat. Reaching in her vest, she slithered her glock directly to the man's forehead. 

“let’s not waste any time here for both of our sakes. I’m here to arrest you for multiple charges including fraud and failing on bail. surrender yourself to court or face the consequences.” 

He barely blinked. The modified expression and the constant stuttering was enough said for her to take the lead in handcuffing the suspect, dragging him straight towards the nearest police station. 

“I’m surprised you didn’t kill him seungwan” she answered with an irritated scowl. for her sake, she decided not to elaborate any further teasing by ignoring seulgi's comment completely. 

“how’d your arrest go?” 

“more or less the same. the girl was a whole new level of bizarre. in her hearing, she immediately surrendered to the court even though we barely had enough evidence for a proper arrest. i'm not complaining though. my works done early ooooo also what’re you doing tonight?!” her deafening high-pitched voice startled seungwan a bit. 

thank god she was alone in her SUV instead of her workplace. the atmosphere would have definitely made this more intolerable. 

“i'm definitely not going anywhere if you scream like that.” 

“oh shut up. remember my friend yeri? well she owns a club down at the east side and asked for us to come” 

“asked for you to come” seungwan corrected sarcastically.

“cmon! we barely get any free time and we’re in our twenties. two hot single people in a club are like chick magnets and especially the club yeri owns. full of a-class celebrities.” seulgi exclaimed enthusiastically. the excitement in her voice was evidently dripping for a yes. 

setting her ego aside. seungwan sighed in defeat. 

“fine. when are we going?”

this time it was seulgi who was startled

“wait. you’re not kidding right?” 

“i'm not kidding” another sigh, reaching out to massage her temples “, it’s been a dreadful couple of months so why not. let’s get this over with.” 

seulgi pauses before speaking again

“it’s already half past ten. let’s go now. i’ll text you the address.” 

seungwan nodded obediently, realizing the latter couldn’t see her action. 

“very well then. but wait, i'm still in my suit” 
 

“even hotter” she groaned at the greasiness, “now come quick.” 

“yeah yeah” 


“red velvet” she pivoted underneath the clubs flashy neon lights, “this sounds like a strip club.” 

“stop being so judgemental! it’s a cool name and it’s not a strip club. c'mon let’s go in.” seulgi said sternly, pushing the latter slowly towards the security that gated the front. 

“name and i.d,” a tall dark-toned man asked rather harshly. 

“kong seulgi and this is son seungwan” she pointed at the older one's direction before proceeding to show the man their i.ds.”

“unfortunately no son seungwan but for kong seulgi, the vip lounge is right this way-”

“wait!? I can’t just leave her and go. maybe she put her under son wendy or something?” panic grew as she looked in front to inspect the checklist. seulgis eyes widened inhumanly. “aha theirs a son wendy on the list”

“I’m sorry. her I.d clearly says ‘seungwan’, not wendy. I need better clarification then that” 

seulgi has always been such a gullible person that it was hard for seungwan to see the amensing amount of fury piercing through her eyes. 

“are you fu—”

“thank you very much, sir” seungwan barely caught the girls skin-tight dress, upon natural courtesy, she dragged seulgi to the street corner before she embarrassed herself. 

seulgi tilted her head, stretching her neck. cracking noises being let out. “i swear to god if he doesn’t let you in, i won’t even need money to kill his—” her hand reenacted a choking position

“ok stop whatever that was. listen, you go in. find yeri and tell her to get this all sorted out.” seulgi lightly punched seungwan shoulder in amusement. 

“that’s a good idea!” she let out a toothy grin, “stay right here. I’ll go get her.” 

deciding to not stand any longer, seungwan, or rather wendy in this situation, sat willingly by a nearby bench that stood at close proximity to the club. 

resting her head, she took in the lavishing sight of the exposed full moon. she couldn’t help breathing out a small chuckle when directing her gaze back towards the red velvet lights. 

'what am i doing here?'

“i’m guessing you don’t like clubbing either”

“e-excuse me?” an unfamiliar yet drop-dead gorgeous woman was sitting beside her without even realizing. seungwan felt herself chill to the bones from the stranger's warm smile. 

“oh sorry. um. my apologies. when you said ‘what am I doing here’ i thought you were referring to the club”

seungwan internally slapped herself for speaking those words out loud

“oh. no don’t worry about that… aish, I was just thinking to myself. you’re right though. i absolutely have no interest in ever clubbing but my friend was incredibly enthusiastic about it. and what can I say, the heart wants what it wants” she blabbered, probably at how intimidating the lady looked. 

the unknown women briefly paused. seungwan felt increasing heat from her gazes. she was absorbed in the women’s soft yet mesmerizing features. 

the women snorted, followed by stifles of giggles.

“that was incredibly greasy” her simple crudeness without hesitation was the first in many days that left seungwan amused. personally, she enjoyed those who’re blunt without relying on excuses. 

she continued, “my names joohyun by the way” 

joohyun. joohyun is the name of this strange lady. she forgot that she didn’t formally introduce herself either. 

“seungwan. but apparently to this club, they prefer my english name to let me in.” 

“they’re not letting you in?” 

“to some extent...yes” it wasn’t her fault hence she didn’t understand why the sudden pressure of embarrassment crept inside her. lowering her head downwards in an effort to reprocess her decisions today. 

“ok…. well for the sake of the club. let me re-introduce myself. my name is irene. well my english name which most people call me anyways” she charmed. 

all of seungwans doubts had washed away until it completely disappeared, instead, replaced with an amused laugh. 

“wendy. it’s a pleasure to meet you.” 

...

A/N: ok it's been a hot minute.  wow i wasn't every thinking of making a wenrene fanfic but theyre crazy talented and one of my favourite ships overall. this is just the start but i'm planning on progressing this story into something amazing ;))) hopefully everyone enjoys the start and if you guys have any recommendation, i'm all ears. thank youuuu <3333