You're Moving?

Starlight University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Present Day)

 

Eunmi was running towards somewhere. "I hope I can make it on time!" she thought. A girl who was about to hop into the car when she heard her name calling, "Yeiji ah!!" Yeiji turned around and saw Eunmi huffing and puffing. "Oh, I'm so glad I made it on time!" she exclaimed. She ran with open arms to hug her but Yeiji pushed her head aside and Eunmi fell. "Don't be so dramatic in front of everyone, dummy," she said coldly. "But I can't help it. You're moving to a city and attending a university there and I won't be seeing you again for a long time," said Eunmi, who was almost in tears.

Yeiji let out a small chuckle, "You silly girl. It's not like I'm going away forever. I'll come back to visit for the summer." Eunmi gave a small flower to her. "Here! I want you to have this as a goodbye present." Yeiji took the flower and thanked her. "Come on, Yeiji. It's time to go," Yeiji's father called. "I have to go now. Good bye," Yeiji said and hop into the car. Everyone who came waved goodbye as the car drove away. Eunmi sniffed, "I'm gonna miss her."

 

It has been two months since Yeiji is gone. Eunmi still think about her everyday. She got a text message from her: I'm sorry I couldn't come back for a visit. The campus won't let me leave to see you or my family. Don't worry. I'll try hard to get a special coupon or something so that I can come and visit you. Don't missed me too much. Peace. Eunmi just sighed at the message. She replied by saying: That's okay. I can wait. Have fun studying there.

One day, Eunmi was out at the lake with her friends. "Hey! Did you hear the news about Yeiji attending a university?" the first girl asked. "What about it?" Eunmi asked back. "I heard she attended Starlight University!" the girl replied her. "Oh! I heard about it. That university is very unique and special. It's very different from other colleges and universities in Korea," the second girl said. "I also heard it's very expensive," said the third girl. "Only students who have parents that are very rich, prestigious and elite can enroll. Including celebrities."

"I wonder how Yeiji can afford to go to that school," said the second girl. "Yeiji's father is an inventor and a professor in Seoul University. Their family is very rich. That's why she can be enrolled," said Eunmi. "That explains why Yeiji is always top in our class," the third girl chuckled. Eunmi and the other girls laughed along too. "Oh yeah. I remembered something my cousin's friend told me about that university. Not everyone can enroll in that place, even though you come from an elite family because they must pass a certain ability test in order to enroll," said the second girl. "My cousin told me his friend tried to enr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter