The Big Day

Starlight University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kyuhyun accompanied her back to Starlight. The gate was already opened as today was orientation for the new students. "Okay, Eunmi. This is it. You're on your own now," Kyuhyun told her. "What? Aren't you coming with me?" asked Eunmi. "Hey! I helped you enroll into Starlight. The rest is up to you to face," said Kyuhyun with a grin. "Anyways, I can't stay in Seoul for long. I have to go back and tutor other students." Eunmi hung her head and pouts, knowing that she has to go in by herself. Kyuhyun just smile and puts his hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll do fine. Just stay out of trouble and do well. Remember what I've told you two days ago." Eunmi showed a little smile and nod. "That's a good girl. Now, go. You don't want to be late for your orientation," he said. 

Eunmi took her bags and waved good bye to Kyuhyun. He did the same and called, "I'll tell your parents you're doing fine!" and he hop back into the taxi. Eunmi just watched the taxi drove away. She breathe in and went inside the campus. "All freshmen! Please hurry in! Orientation will begin in 5 minutes.The gates will be closed in a minute!" the lecturer spoke through the megaphone. "Go all the way to the main hall." Eunmi entered the campus and follow the students to the main hall. 

Outside, Eunmi saw a familiar figure by the usher table. "Yeiji!?" she called. Yeiji looked up and saw her with surprise. "Eunmi?! What are you doing here?" she asked. Eunmi just squealed and wanting to hug her but Yeiji pushed her away, making her trip over. "Don't be so dramatic in public, dummy! You're gonna make me lose face!" scolded Yeiji. "Sorry, Yeiji. I'm just so happy to see you!" said Eunmi. "Anyways, what are you doing here?" Yeiji asked again. "Oh, yeah! I passed the written test and the ability test! Now I can come here and study! At least I get to see you in this place!" Eunmi replied excitedly.

Yeiji was impressed of her achievement. "I see. Now you can study with a discount rate, right?" Eunmi nodded in respond. "Yeiji! They need help with the refreshments. I can take over your post for you," a voice said. Yeiji turned to that person and said, "Sure, Mei Lin." A Chinese girl approached them. She saw Eunmi and greeted her. "Well, hello there. You must be a freshmen student." 

"Mei Lin, this is Eunmi. She's my friend back in my hometown," Yeiji introduced Eunmi to her. "Actually, we are best friends!" Eunmi corrected her. "Eunmi ah!" Yeiji whispered with annoyance. Mei Lin laughed, "Nice to meet you, Eunmi. Orientation is about to start soon. You can enter first. We have to do our tasks." Eunmi nodded and head straight inside the hall. Lots of freshmen students have already seated down. Some where chatting away. 

Soon, Mr Roberts walked up the stage. When everyone saw him, they took their seats straightaway. Mr Roberts tap the microphone and spoke through it, "Good morning, freshmen students. Welcome to Starlight University. I would like to start this orientation by giving some warning about this place. I'm sure many of you know that once you enter this campus, you are not allowed to leave to go home to your families until you graduated. Don't worry. We have provide accomodations for you all. Meals will also be provided. Don't worry about that. We will also organize some fun events and activities for you to join in so that you won't be bored hanging around in your accomodation. We want you to have fun here in Starlight."

Eunmi just listened on to his talking about the rules and regulations of the campus throughout the orientation. Then, he moved on to a pyramid chart. "Here is the chart of star badges. They will be placed on your ID cards. Since you all are new, you will start with none. As you progress on, you will earn a bronze star. The second badge is the silver star. The third badge is the gold star. And lastly, the fourth badge is the rainbow star. When you are a gold or rainbow star rank, you will have the best and highest privilages when it comes to meal and accomodations. Your tour guides will explain about them when they tour you around later. To earn them, you must be on your best behaviours during class or anywhere within this campus and do well in your exams and assignments. Please take this seriously. If you misbehave, fail in your classes or broke any of the rules, your rank will be demoted. For example, if you are a bronze star student, you will go back to a no star rank."

The other students whispered with worried. "So, I hope to see all of you on your best behaviours and work hard. And now, I'd like to talk about the special star coupons. This applies to all ranks. When you achieved high scores in your exams or assignments, you'll be able to receive this coupon. When you have this coupon, you will get a free meal in any of the food trucks or cafes outside this campus. Cafeteria is not included. In addition, you'll also get a train or a flight ticket. You can use it to go home to visit your families. But the tickets are only used for one week. If you need to be with your family for more than one week, you need to make a request to me or any of the faculties. If you come back here after the dateline, you'll be fined for 1,000 won. Oh yes! Speaking of money, every end of each month, we will give you your salaries, depending on your star rank. This way, you can spend your money on food trucks, cafes, clothings etc."

The orientation when on and on for hours. Soon, Mr Roberts ended it by saying, "Before you leave, you can have your picture taken at room 608. This is for your ID card. After that, you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter