Welcome To Starlight University

Starlight University
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunmi's parents were happy that she passed the Starlight written test. Soon, she'll be going to Seoul and attend the prestigious university alongside Yeiji. On the day before leaving for Seoul, Eunmi was packing her bags in her room. Kyuhyun came in to give some advices. "Before you go, I'd like to give some advices about Starlight." Eunmi sat down to listen as he continued on. "You need to take note of this: once you enter Starlight, you are not allowed to leave the campus ground. You can't even leave to go home to your own family or visit them, except during festive holidays, until you graduated."

"So, it's like a prison or something?" Eunmi asked with a worrying look. Kyuhyun laughed, "Something like that. But don't worry. All your meals and accomodation will be provided. So, you don't have to worry about going to the grocery store to get food or finding a place to stay. Starlight wants students to feel at home." Hearing this, Eunmi felt relieved. "Thank goodness," she said. "Remember this, when you first begin your studies, you'll begin small. But if you work hard, you'll rise to the top," said Kyuhyun, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Don't forget that, okay?" Eunmi nodded in respond. 

 

Early morning the next day, Mr and Mrs Lee drove Eunmi to the train station that was ready to take her to Seoul. Kyuhyun was also coming along for the journey. When it was almost time to aboard, Mrs Lee give her daughter one final hug. "Good luck there. We'll miss you," she whispered. "I'll miss you too, mom," said Eunmi. "Text us when you're free," said Mr Lee. "Come on, Eunmi. We have to hurry," Kyuhyun called from inside the train. Eunmi let go of her mother's hands and hop aboard the train. She waved good bye to her parents who were watching her leave.

The journey wasn't very long, for Eunmi and Kyuhyun had reached Seoul. Eunmi was amazed by the city buildings. "Woah! I never knew Seoul is this big," she exclaimed. "I wish I can visit some of the famous landmarks like the Seoul Tower or the palace." Kyuhyun chuckled, "Starlight sometimes organize a field trip to Seoul's tourist destinations for foreign and non-local students during semester breaks. You don't have to be stuck in the campus all the time."

Kyuhyun catch a taxi that took them to Starlight. At last, the driver stopped at a huge gate made out of bronze with a big star in the middle. There were security guards at the entrance. "This is the main entrance to the campus," Kyuhyun told Eunmi. He walked to the guard house. "Yes? Can I help you?" the guard asked. "Hello. I'm Cho Kyuhyun, a graduate student from Starlight. And I'm here for a visit and to bring a new student in," Kyuhyun told him as he showed him his ID card. In an instant, the guard open the gate. "Welcome back, Mr Cho." 

"They still let you in, even after you graduated?" asked Eunmi. "Of course. Starlight still keeps our records. When you're a graduate student, you can visit anytime you like. Just remember to keep your ID card all the time," he replied. "Anyways, Lee Eunmi, welcome to Starlight University." Eunmi's eyes were wide opened and she couldn't stop gazing her eyes on the whole campus. Inside was a large garden with lots of bushes and trees. There were students walking around, chatting and playing with each other. In the middle in front of the fountain was a large dome building. "This is where all the classes are held," said Kyuhyun. "Wait till you see inside."

As they step inside, it was all made or marble tiles and there was a big chandelier hanging above the ceiling. Eunmi felt like she was in Europe. Just then, a foreign man was walking by and when students saw him, they bowed and greeted him. Kyuhyun also did the same. "Hello, Mr Roberts. It's nice to see you again." Mr Roberts recognize him and smiled, "Well, hello there, Kyuhyun. It's nice of you to visit us again. And who's this with you?"

"This is Lee Eunmi. She'll be doing her studies here," Kyuhyun introduced his friend. "Eunmi, this is Mr Roberts, the head principal of this campus." Eunmi did a form

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter