Courting Kang Sihyeon

Unbreakable

VIII. Courting Kang Sihyeon

       “Good morning, love,” Joonmyun held out a rose to his mate as he stood on her front door step.

       Sihyeon glared daggers into Joonmyun’s skull. She had tried to keep him a secret from her mother, but it seemed like it was impossible now. Her mother knew everything.

[Last night]

       “I met Joonmyun earlier this morning.”

       “YOU WHAT.”

       “He’s a handsome young lad. Why didn’t you tell me about him?”

       “MOM.”

       “He is not like your father, Sihyeon. You have to give him a chance, okay honey?”

       Her mother was sincere. She didn’t want her daughter to go through what she did. She knew Joonmyun was an alpha, but she also knew he was genuine. She saw the love in Joonmyun’s eyes when he spoke of her daughter. She would have to say that she was blessed by the heavens for having such a lovely future son-in-law.

       “Mom, he’s an alpha,” Sihyeon frowned, feeling upset.

       “Not all alphas are the same, honey bun.”

       Sihyeon felt tears pricking at her eyes.

       “But, what if he is?” Kang Sihyeon was scared more than anything. She wasn’t scared of her peers talking about her or looking at her because she was the mate of the Kim Joonmyun, but she was scared of her future with the male.

       “Then, I will kill him myself, okay?” Sihyeon’s mother joked, but Sihyeon knew she was true to her word.

       Sihyeon chuckled and nodded.

       “Okay.”

[Now]

       Despite agreeing with her mom to give Joonmyun a chance, it didn’t take away the fact that he went behind her back to speak to her mom about the touchy subject.

       It also didn’t stop her from having the urge to erpunch him across the face.

       Sihyeon heeded Joonmyun no attention as she brushed passed him like a ghost.

       “In the language of flowers, a single red rose means I love you,” Joonmyun grinned, skipping along side his mate. He zipped open Sihyeon’s backpack and stuck the stem of the rose into her backpack before zipping it up, allowing the petals to continue breathing in the fresh air.

       Sihyeon tried slapping Joonmyun’s arm away, but he was quicker than she was.

       “I don’t care,” she muttered, deciding to leave the rose sticking out of her book bag. It wasn’t like the flower did her any harm.

       “But, I’m saying that I love you, Kang Sihyeon. I’m professing my undying love to you,” Joonmyun spoke so very matter-of-factly.

       Sihyeon rolled her eyes, stomping her way to school.

       “Did you eat breakfast, love?” Joonmyun asked, looking at Sihyeon’s hands swinging back and forth as she tried to walk faster.

       Sihyeon gave him no answer.

       “I had bacon this morning. Can you smell it?” Joonmyun breathed out in front of Sihyeon’s face.

       Sihyeon stopped walking and bit her upper bit. She closed her eyes in annoyance and took in a deep breath before slowly exhaling.

       “Smells good, h—”

       “Would you stop!” Sihyeon yelled, throwing her fists to her sides.

       Frowning, Joonmyun cocked his head at Sihyeon.

       “What’s wrong, love?” he asked.

       “You! You’re what’s wrong! You’re so annoying! You don’t love me! Stop acting like you do! You’ll—”

       Joonmyun grabbed one of Sihyeon’s fists and spread out her fingers. She watched him as he placed her hand on his chest, over his heart.

       “If I don’t love you, then please explain why my heart is beating so fast when I just look at you,” all playfulness was gone from his eyes. He was serious. He was desperate. He needed Sihyeon to see that he really cared for her. That he was really falling in love with her. That . . . that he was already in love with her.

       Sihyeon’s heart skipped a beat at his touch. She looked from his sincere eyes to their hands on his chest. She didn’t have to feel his heart beat to know that it was beating fast because she could hear it, and if she could hear his, then he could most definitely hear hers.

       If so, he definitely knew that her heart was beating just as fast.

       With a knowing smile, Joonmyun wrapped both of his hands around Sihyeon’s and very gently brought it up to his lips before planting a small and chaste kiss onto the back of her hand.

       “Would you do the honor of going on a date with me tonight, Miss Kang Sihyeon?” Joonmyun smiled, bringing her hand down, but not letting go.

       Sihyeon gulped.

       Part of her told her no, but a much much larger part told her to kiss the damn alpha already.

       “No,” but her pride was stronger.

       Unfazed, Joonmyun perked up and grinned.

       “It’s okay! I’ll pick you up anyway! I’ll be at your house at 6PM, okay love?”

       Sihyeon hated to admit it, but she loved when he took the wheel.

       Maybe it was because she never dated anyone before, so she didn’t know how to go about relationships.

       Fine, Kim Joonmyun. I’ll give you this one chance for my mom.

       But, was it really for her mom?

       Really, now, Kang Sihyeon?


A/N:

A short cute little chapter. I was going to make this an angsty story, but MAN, I need some fluff in my life right now lol

- Nubci4