Coming of Joonmyun

Unbreakable

V. Coming of Age Joonmyun

       Playing dumb seemed like a good an idea for a hot minute, but that all crashed when Kim Joonmyun spoke those six specific words.

       “Your birthday happened six days ago.”

       His words echoed endlessly in Sihyeon’s mind.

       Her jaw dropped. Her eyes trembled with fear.

       “Do you know when my birthday is, Sihyeon?” Joonmyun asked with a small smile.

       Sihyeon closed and gulped.

       “W-Why would I know that?”

       “It’s today,” Joonmyun smirked.

       “WHAT!” Sihyeon’s eyes widened. “I thought it was tomorrow!” she spoke without thinking.

       Joonmyun let out a small laugh.

       “It is tomorrow. I was testing you. You failed by the way.”

       Sihyeon was flabbergasted.

       “Well,” Sihyeon composed herself though it felt like her mind was running at a thousand miles per hour. “I don’t know why you’re talking about all this,” she forced out a laugh, crouching low to pass Joonmyun and get to her items, “but I don’t really care,” she finished putting her things in her bag and swung it over her shoulder.

       “I think you do know,” Joonmyun turned around staring down at the girl that seemed so small when standing next to him.

       “Um,” Sihyeon chuckled. “I think not,” she shrugged.

       “You think you’re agile, hiding around corners and all, but you’re not, Sihyeon,” Joonmyun smiled. “I see you every time, my lovely mate.”

       Sihyeon’s breathing grew irregular like she had forgotten how to breathe.

       “W-What are you talking about?” Sihyeon stuttered.

       “I’m an alpha, Kang Sihyeon. Which translates to: I’m not stupid.”

       “I never said you were,” Sihyeon turned around and got ready to run for it but was never able to.

       Joonmyun had a tight grip on her backpack, making her almost fall into his arms like she had a slinky attached to her. Sihyeon closed her eyes and cursed him in her head.

       “Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.

       Sihyeon struggled to get out from his grasp.

       “Tell you what,” she hissed.

       “That you’re my mate,” Joonmyun stated.

       “I’m not!” Sihyeon yelled with her eyes darting towards every corner of the library. What if someone heard him?

       “Then, can you explain why you’ve—”

       “I haven’t been avoiding you, okay!” Sihyeon turned around, glaring at the male before her. “I don’t know why you think I’ve been avoiding you, but I haven’t okay? Yes, my birthday was six days ago, meaning I know who my mate is, and I know it’s not you,” Sihyeon heaved deep breaths, not breaking eye contact. If Joonmyun was going to try and make Sihyeon cower with his gaze, Sihyeon would do the same.

       “Is that so?” Joonmyun asked with his head tilted to the side.

       “Yes,” Sihyeon spoke through gritted teeth.

       “Well, I think you’re lying,” he said.

       “Well, I’m not.”

       “What do you think will happen tomorrow? When I turn eighteen and smell the scent of my mate for the first time while making eye contact with you?”

       Sihyeon swallowed hard.

       “I think all of that will happen, but not with me,” she spoke with false confidence.

       “We’ll see,” Joonmyun smiled. “Don’t skip class tomorrow,” he let go of her backpack.

       “I won’t,” Sihyeon snapped.

       Joonmyun chuckled and ruffled his fingers through her hair with his eyes turning into crescents.

       “Whatever you say, love.”

***

       Sihyeon couldn’t breathe. What in the world was she thinking? Coming to school on Joonmyun’s birthday? She should have told him that she did come to school and that he just didn’t see her when they meet again. But, there was no way that she could hide her scent from him.

       Unless she rolled around in a pile of cow dung, but that wasn’t very plausible.

       Sihyeon walked down the halls of the Academy with her head held up high. She heard students squealing and rambling about Joonmyun becoming of age. Everyone hoped to be his mate. Sihyeon wished that maybe this was all a mistake and she really wasn’t his mate, but that would be too good to be true.

       The scent of the ocean assaulted her nostrils as though reminding her that it still existed. Everything around her slowed down. All she could hear was her own breathing. She saw students line up against the walls. Sihyeon took in a deep breath and forced herself to look up.

       The moment she did, her eyes met with a particular dark brown pair. The eyes stared back at her with want and affection. Sihyeon held her breath as she watched Joonmyun walk down the hall with his pack behind him. His girlfriend was no where to be seen. Sihyeon’s heart clenched in her chest.

       The corners of Joonmyun’s lips lifted into an “I told you so” smile.

       Sihyeon panicked.

       Joonmyun was still long ways away from her, but she could see his lips as he mouthed something to her.

       “Hello, mate.”

       my life.


A/N:

When you update twice in a day. Means that I have no life. lol

- Nubci4