Reasons

Unbreakable

VI. Reasons

       Sihyeon was sure she was going to get a beating when she got home. The school would call her mom and let her know that Sihyeon had been skipping out on all of her classes that day—despite being at school. Sihyeon panicked when she saw Joonmyun that morning. The first thing she did was run to the gym and hide under the bleachers. She sat with a blank look on her face, imagining her terrible future with Joonmyun.

       The heartbreaks he would give her. The profanities that he would yell at her. The horrible things that he would do to her. Her life flashed before her eyes. She sat still, just wanting it all to be a dream.

***

       “You weren’t in class today. You’ve been hiding. May I ask why?” Joonmyun popped out of nowhere just as Sihyeon walked out of the school.

       She had even waited until everyone left. Siheyon jumped and punched Joonmyun in the stomach as a reflex. Joonmyun groan but didn’t move an inch. He just rubbed his stomach and frowned.

       “That hurt.”

       Sihyeon wondered for a second why she didn’t smell him, but it was probably because her nose was stuffed from crying all day.

       “I don’t think you see what I see,” Sihyeon continued to walk her way home.

       Joonmyun walk slowly beside her with a small smile on his face. He was just content that he was right next to his mate.

       “And, what do you think I don’t see?” Joonmyun was nearly swinging his body back and forth. He was joyed. Positive energy ran through his entire body. He was sad that his mate didn’t attend any classes today, but the moment he saw her, his spirits lifted.

       Sihyeon was the total opposite.

       Her shoulders were slumped forwards. Her eyes were puffy. Her hair covered her face. Her nose was stuffy. She just wanted to go to bed.

       “Two people that don’t belong together,” Sihyeon stopped walking and looked up at Joonmyun, letting him get a good look of her for the first time since they both walked out from the school together.

       Joonmyun’s eyes widened at her state. Worry filled him. He wanted to wrap her into his arms.

       “Were you crying?” he frowned.

       “We don’t belong together, Joonmyun,” Sihyeon was adamant on that.

       “Well,” he sighed, wiping away a tear on her cheek that hadn’t fully dried, “the Moon Goddess seems to have different views on that.”

       “Well, her views are crooked,” Sihyeon spat, slapping away Joonmyun’s hand.

       Joonmyun’s heart grew heavy.

       “Is it so bad to be with me?” Joonmyun spoke to himself but Sihyeon heard it. The frown on his face grew.

       The tone of his voice broke Sihyeon’s heart. She wanted to apologize to him, but part of her told her that he deserved it.

       “Yes,” if breaking Joonmyun’s heart would allow her to never be with him, then she would break it a hundred times over. “Besides, you already have a girlfriend.”

       Joonmyun’s eyes widened.

       “I-I can explain!” fear painted his voice.

       “Then, explain,” Sihyeon spoke, though she sounded nervous. If he explained himself, what else could she blame on him to make him want to ignore the bond?

       “Suyun,” he sighed. “She’s the daughter of a family friend. Her parents are taking care of business overseas, and she’s been staying with us. She’s not my girlfriend. She’s like my sister.”

       “So, you let your sister kiss you?” Sihyeon asked.

       Why was she angry? She didn’t like Joonmyun! She shouldn’t have been jealous!

       “She’s a bit forceful sometimes,” Joonmyun muttered with dislike. “I can’t be too mean to her because of the relationship our parents have. But, they’ll understand now since I have you,” Joonmyun spoke with a small smile.

       “Still, I can’t be with you,” Sihyeon turned her back to Joonmyun and continued walking.

       “But, why!” he yelled, following close behind like a lost puppy.

       “Because.”

       “Because why?” he whined.

       “Because!” Sihyeon shouted.

       “At least tell me why! You’re being unreasonable!”

       “Because!” Sihyeon turned around, making Joonmyun stumble forwards. “Because you’re an alpha.”

       Joonmyun cocked his head to the side like she had just spoken French.

       “Is that a bad thing?”

       “Yes!” Sihyeon screamed with all her might. “Yes, it’s a bad thing! You alphas are demanding, s, mean, terrible, scary, and defiant! You always must go against everything! You always have to have things your way even if that means tearing down the people around you and closest to you!” Sihyeon’s chest heaved up and down as a fresh batch of tears strolled off her cheeks. “All alphas are the same, horrible creatures! You included!”

       There it was again, the unreadable face of Kim Joonmyun.

       Sihyeon wanted to continue screaming at him.

       Why wasn’t he showing his true self?

       Sihyeon knew it. She just knew it. His kind front was just an act.

       All alphas were the same.

       “Who hurt you?” Joonmyun asked, pulling Sihyeon away from her negative thoughts of the man before her.

       “What?” she asked through tears.

       “Who is the alpha that hurt you?” he wasn’t asking for an answer. He was demanding one. His alpha tone had taken over.

       Sihyeon hiccupped, realizing that she had just released the exact reason why she couldn’t accept him as a mate.

       “Why the hell do you care,” might as well as embrace the fact that the cat was out of the bag.

       “Because I am your mate,” Joonmyun stepped closer to her as a sign of protection. “And, because I care for you.”

       “Alphas never care,” Sihyeon rolled her eyes, trying to be standoffish, so she would start crying again.

       “Sihyeon,” Joonmyun sighed, taking the final step to enclose the space between them.

       No matter how loud her mind yelled at her to push him away, the pleas of her heart to let him hug her took over.

       Joonmyun wrapped his arms around Sihyeon, gently pulling her close. The protection and love he emitted made a wall break down. Sihyeon grabbed fistfuls of his school uniform and buried her face into Joonmyun as she let more tears far shamelessly.

       “I will never hurt you. I can promise you that. I apologize to you on behalf of the alpha that did.”

***

       “Who was it?” Joonmyun asked.

       Sihyeon didn’t want to go home with red and puffy eyes, and so she concluded that a short stay at the park would do her some good. She didn’t complain when Joonmyun wanted to follow along. They sat on swings in rather relaxing silence, when Joonmyun spoke.

       Sihyeon stayed silent.

       “Sihyeon,” Joonmyun sighed, looking at his mate.

       “It’s none of your business.”

       “You’re my mate, and I’m yours, so it is my business.”

       Sihyeon grumbled.

       “I don’t want to tell you.”

       “Why not? Are you scared that I’m going to hurt him? Because I will,” he wasn’t joking.

       Sihyeon rolled her eyes.

       “Stop acting like you give a crap.”

       “What do I need to do to have you trust me?” Joonmyun was lost. His mate didn’t want him. His mate that he had been waiting for so long for.

       Sihyeon didn’t know the answer to that. She hadn’t thought that far ahead. Heck, she wasn’t even thinking about acknowledging the bond.

       As though he had read her mind, Joonmyun said, “Our bond is unbreakable, Sihyeon. No matter how many times you may want to reject me, it’s impossible. The bond between an alpha and a luna is unbreakable.”

       Sihyeon scoffed. “Yeah, tell that to my dad,” she muttered.

       Joonmyun’s eyes widened.

       “The alpha that hurt you was your father,” he was appalled. What father would hurt their own child?

       Realizing her slip of the tongue, Sihyeon jumped off from the swing and sprinted home, not even letting Joonmyun process what she was doing.

       He wanted to run after her, but he knew she needed time alone. Frowning, Joonmyun watched her back get smaller and smaller as she ran further away from him.

       “When will you stop running, love?”


A/N:

It's not a very good chapter, but I had to get it out of the way as it is vital to the story line

Some what lol

- Nubci4