Avoidance of Joonmyun

Unbreakable

III. Avoidance of Joonmyun

       Sihyeon sat at the dinner table, picking on the chicken her mother cooked for dinner.

       “So,” Sihyeon’s mother grinned. “How did it go? Any lucky guys?”

       Sihyeon wanted to tell her mother that she indeed did find her mate, but she knew she would only freak once she found out what he was. Sihyeon’s hate for alphas stemmed from the man that hurt her and her mother.

       “No,” Sihyeon lied.

       Her mother frowned with stooped shoulders.

       “I’m sorry, baby. I’m sure he’s probably in the town over or something.”

       Sihyeon smiled weakly.

       “Yeah, probably.”

***

       Sihyeon planted her back onto the wall, throwing quick glances here and there. She had come to school as early as she could to avoid all and any wolves, vampires, mermaids, or whatever—especially a certain alpha. But of course, fate wasn’t on her side.

       Sihyeon knew she was screwed the moment she stepped into the classroom that she had expected to be empty.

       Kim Joonmyun stood at the front of the classroom, erasing a whiteboard.

       Sihyeon gasped at the sight of him, catching Joonmyun’s attention. He turned to look at Sihyeon, surprise swimming in his eyes.

       “Oh? Good M—”

       And before Joonmyun could finish his sentence, Sihyeon bolted out the room.

***

       Sihyeon waited until the classroom was full of life before she decided to sneak back in. She usually sat at the front of the classroom near where most of the Elites sat, but today, she decided to take an empty desk that was at the back of the room. She walked as quiet as a mouse with her eyes on a laughing Joonmyun as one of his pack members cracked a joke.

       Sihyeon’s heart raced at his wonderful laughs. When she realized that she was staring a bit too long, she snapped out of it, hitting her head.

       You idiot. You don’t like him. It’s just the bond.

       Sihyeon knew that it was the truth, but it still didn’t stop how just even looking at him took her breath away. Luckily, Suyun wasn’t in any of their classes, allowing Sihyeon to watch Joonmyun like the many other students that idolized him. Maybe, just maybe, Sihyeon could just make up the excuse that she was a follower like the rest and that she wasn’t looking at Joonmyun because he was her mate. And maybe, just maybe, she could use the same excuse as the reason why her heart skipped beats every time she looked at him.

       Outside the classroom; however, was a different story.

       Every corner Sihyeon turned, she made sure to check entirely before walking through. She could watch Joonmyun in class because there were other students there, letting her blend in with the crowd. And she sat at the very back, out of the view of Joonmyun, but if the alpha suddenly finds Sihyeon staring at him in the halls, he may try to talk to her again. Sihyeon couldn’t have that happen.

       Who knows what would blurt out of ?

***

       Sihyeon exasperatedly sighed, slumping into her chair. School was over and she was back at home, in her room. She spent the entire day watching Joonmyun and avoiding him. She even skipped lunch and hid in the library until classes begun again. Every time he started to turn around to speak to his beta, Chanyeol, in class, Sihyeon would cover her face with a textbook.

       Avoiding Kim Joonmyun was mentally and physically draining.

       Groaning, Sihyeon opened up her laptop and pulled up Facebook.

       Time for some research.

       She typed in Joonmyun’s name and found him at the very top of the recommendation page.

       50 friends, huh? I expected him to have a thousand.

       She clicked on his personal information and found what she had her mind on all day.

       Kim Joonmyun’s birthday.

       Hmm, here it is. May . . . MAY 22ND! THAT’S IN SIX MORE DAYS! W-WHAT! I-I’M SCREWED!

       Screwed Kang Sihyeon was.


A/N:

As you've probably already noticed, the chapters are going to be short. It's actually helping me write more. I'm not too pressured to write long chapters. lol

I enjoy writing this way more. 

AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND LOVE YOU ALL ARE GIVING THIS STORY!

It's more than I could ever ask for! <3

- Nubci4