Intervention

Three Sides of A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yun-ho groans out as he hears his phone ringing. A chirpy ringtone provided by Samsung plays as he tries to untangle himself from his sheets, the sun shining through his window onto his twin sized bed. He sits up a bit, a soft grunt coming out of him as he manages to grab his phone from the nightstand. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and answers, not even looking to see who it is. He figures it is probably the manager of Sparrow calling about the song he sent in last night. 

"Hello?" He answers, throwing the covers off himself to get out of bed. He checks the time on his tableside clock to see it is 10AM. He frowns a bit, a soft sigh coming out since he had planned on sleeping in until noon.

"Jung Yun-ho? This is President Kim; we need you to come in for a meeting." 

Yun-ho's eyes widen as he hears the President of the company. What could he want? Yun-ho has not recalled the last time he has spoken with President Kim. The last time had to have been a year ago at one of the company's dinners. It was to celebrate all the awards and accomplishments of artist Kim Jun-su. Jun-su being another important artist under the company. His solo career spans into the ranges of ballads, r&b, and OSTs. It is quite different from Jae-joong and his rock influenced career. There were no doubts that Jun-su and Jae-joong have the best vocals in the company. Yun-ho has had the honor to work with Jun-su, someone he highly respects. 

"A-ah, of course. Should I head in now?" Yun-ho asks. He did not want to question the president of the company. Whatever it is, Yun-ho knows he can handle it. He has not done anything wrong so the meeting could not have been about that. Perhaps it is a meeting to talk about an upcoming concert or award show. Yun-ho did not typically attend those types of events though. He remains anonymous with his songwriting so it cannot be that. Unless President Kim wants to break Yun-ho's anonymity and bring him to the forefront as an important songwriter. 

"Yes. Try to be quick." President Kim says and hangs up the phone.

Yun-ho stares down at his phone. Whatever it is, it must be urgent. Yun-ho rushes from his small room to the bathroom of his studio apartment. He removes his pajamas, stripping down to nothing as he quickly starts the shower up. He turns on the bluetooth speaker in his bathroom and opens his playlist of music. He hits the shuffle button and climbs into the hot shower. He lets out a deep sigh as the water hits his body and head. He hopes that he is not in some form of trouble. Anxiety creeps into his chest as he focuses on quickly washing up. It is not normal for the President of a company to call you unless it is under urgent matters. Yun-ho cannot see why the President would call for him. 

He quickly wraps up his shower and rushes to his closet. It is a meeting but he has no clue how formal it is. He decides on grabbing out one of his three suits, he wants to look nice. It is clear President Kim will be there along with a couple other higher ups so he must dress accordingly. Yun-ho curses out as he struggles to tie his tie-up. He did not get dressed up too often. When he had to go somewhere clad in a suit, he often stopped by his mother's house to tie his tie for him. A smile forms on his lips as he thinks about his mother. She has always been supportive of his dreams, even when he failed to debut. She kept encouraging him to go on, which made him turn to song writing. He knew his failure to debut was a harsh reality that many faced, but the encouragement of his mother led him into not giving up on his career in music. Without her, he would probably be stuck in a stuffy office job that he would hate. He would be looking at all the stars with envy and sorrows of not making some footprint in the music industry. 

Yun-ho gets into his suit and uses hair gel to slick back his black locks. He then rushes into his small kitchen, pulling the fridge open to grab out some form of breakfast. He grabs his container of leftover rice that is mixed in with kimchi. The writer is not minding the fact his foods are touching. He shuts the fridge door and quickly snatches his keys from the wall. He leaves out of his study apartment, rushing down the stairs, skipping every other step. He makes his way out into the world. He takes in the sunshine for a second as he breathes in the crisp air. He heads to his black Hyundai parked on the street and climbs inside. He takes a deep breath as he starts the car up. He then takes off to the company, trying to listen to his favorite playlist to ignore the nerves throughout his body. 

~

Jae-joong gets off the two-hour flight from Tokyo with dark shades on. His hoodie on his head as he walks with a slouched hunch. His head ringing from the pains of a hangover and a night of ecstasy. He feels groggy, his mouth somewhat refreshed from vomiting on himself. He does not recall getting onto the plane from the van but he is just glad he was able to sleep on the flight. He woke up in the last 30 minutes of the flight to an angry Yoo-chun, who made him brush his teeth and rinse his mouth out with mouthwash. He was then quickly placed into a fresh hoodie and jeans, his other clothes vomit stained and smelling of cigarettes. Jae-joong tries to keep his head down as security walks in front him, Yoo-chun by his side.

 

"A-aish, why are you holding onto me so hard?" Jae-joong mumbles in a grouchy tone.

 

"You can barely walk straight. Jesus, how the do you allow yourself to get into this condition?" Yoo-chun hisses in Jae-joong ear. Jae-joong shrugs his manager off, hoping he can just go home and sleep off the drugs and alcohol. He lets out a deep sigh as they make it out of the airport. The sun shining too brightly for the Rockstar’s taste. His eyebrows furrowing as he lets out a groan. The shades did somewhat of a good job of hiding the sun but not enough. He pulls his arm free from Yoo-chun's as security opens the back door to the van. Jae-joong climbs inside as staff fills the trunk of the van up with his suitcases. He throws himself back into the seat behind the drivers. 

 

"Take me home." Jae-joong mumbles. He pulls his seatbelt on and slouches down in his seat. His mind went back to last night and the small concert. He was so proud of himself and how he moved the crowd. But once he was offstage and away from the venue, he felt lonely. Loneliness was nothing new to Jae-joong, he had felt lonely ever since he became a trainee. He had to move into the agency's dorm buildings and live with complete strangers. He could not even visit home and that was hard on Jae-joong as a middle schooler. He desired to see his mother and sister so much, that he would cry himself to sleep at night. He thought he would be able to become friends with the other trainees but everyone was so cutthroat and serious. Everyone saw Jae-joong as heavy competition because of how good he was vocally. He did not have to spend hours practicing his vocals. He also received heavy praise from staff and President Kim for his visuals. The trainees were jealous of Jae-joong, which led him to not form friendships.

Jae-joong did not turn into a cold bastard until the second year into the group he debuted in. He debuted in a five-member group, where he was appointed the role of leader. He honestly felt so much anxiety as a leader due to also being the visual and main vocalist. The others found it unfair and often ignored Jae-joong when they were living in the dorm. The first year of his career was a lonely one, the only comfort he could find was in the positive comments online. But at some point, all the comments on his "y looks" and "hot body" got tiring. It made him feel as if he was only being appreciated for his looks. His own looks that, he doesn't even find that good looking. He had always been insecure about his slender body and square jawline. He also did not like the shape of his lips nor his serious mono-lids. 

In the second year of his career in his group, he found himself growing fed-up with the poor treatment from s. They had just won their first music show and onstage, they were all smiles, hugging each other and singing for the encore stage. But once they were backstage, he could not forget how s criticized him for taking up all the speech time and holding the trophy for the longest on camera. He honestly thought their critique of this was just childish and stupid. He had not intended to speak for so long or hold the trophy longer than the others. He was nervous and just rambled his thank you to his fans. But those complaints led to Jae-joong getting into a fist fight with a group member in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter