Black Out

Three Sides of A Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

This is his stage. The 3,360 people in the audience are his fans. The microphone and guitar are his as well. The fan chants and screaming all belong to him. Kim Jae-joong's voice flows through the microphone smoothly as his fingers effortlessly strum the strings of his guitar. His Japanese flawless as he sings with his fans, the ending song to this mini concert. His eyes contact every camera. His charisma radiating through the concert hall. His eyes lock with the rich fans in the front rows, the chanting and crying reaching him as he puts his all into the final high note for the night. The band behind him plays their last notes and tunes as his strumming comes to an end. Jae-joong moves the guitar around his body to his back as he holds the mic with both hands. His eyes twinkle as he looks upon all the people that came to see his show. He his lips, ready for a bottle of water as he begins his departing message.

 

“Doumo arigatou gozaimasu,” he begins as the cheers and whistling slowly dies down so his audience can listen to him, “Thank you so very much. For coming to my final show for a while, thank you for loving me and supporting me.” He his lips again as the audience erupts in more cries of happiness. He gives them a long meaningful gaze and smile, “I'll be back soon with more music and better gifts. I will rise with you once again!”

He takes in the loving cheers and screams. He gives the audience a deep and respectful bow as his band plays off one last song to wrap up the night. He sings into the mic as he steps back on the square on the stage, he waves goodbye as he slowly finds himself going under stage. His hand is still waving as his whole body is swallowed. His voice still rings through the mic until he can no longer see his fans. He can still hear them but he instantly turns the mic off, removing his earpiece. He gives the equipment to the equipment manager that is waiting for him. His manager greeting him with a cold bottle of water and a towel. Jae-joong wipes the sweat from his forehead and neck, making his way through the backstage area. He bows half-heartedly to the staff that congratulates him on his show. He ignores some and gives others the bare minimum as he makes it to his dressing room. His manager follows him inside but Jae-joong shuts the door before anyone else can enter.

He instantly starts to remove the black button down he is wearing. His eyes avoiding the mirror as he gets out of the expensive shirt. He tosses the shirt aside onto the ground, not caring how expensive it is nor the fact it does not belong to him but the stylist.

“You did amazing tonight. Your hiatus is well deserved.” His manager, Yoo-chun, praises. He gives Jae-joong a pat on the back as the Rockstar opens the bottle of water and drinks it down in one go. He wiggles his shoulder to tell Yoo-chun to remove his hand. He takes a deep breath as he looks at himself in the mirror. Jae-joong is seen as a beauty to everyone he knows but to himself… he sees a man that is not worth much. He scoffs at his sweaty reflection, grabbing the makeup wipes with aggression as he wipes at the eyeliner on his eyes and the makeup on his face.

“I want to go to the club tonight. I do not need you to come.” He says to Yoo-chun with a cold glare in the mirror.

Yoo-chun ignores the idol's cold stare and shakes his head, “My boss told me to keep an eye on you. You will go to the club very lowkey and only stay for an hour. You have a flight to catch in the afternoon. You have a meeting back in Korea with the big bosses. they have not forgotten your outburst from last month.”

Jae-joong scoffs lightly, a mischievous smirk on his lips. He remembers the outburst like it was yesterday. He was pissed at the fact, he had little sleep and was being forced to detox from his alcohol for a while. He caused hell for everyone in the room which included Yoo-chun and the CEO of his company. Jae-joong knew he could get away with his bratty outbursts because he is the reason why the company is so successful and rich. He knows being dropped would cause the stocks to fall dramatically and cause major backlash from not only his Japanese fans but his Korean fans as well. The company knows they need Jae-joong and they are not afraid to admit it nor clean up his messes. His messes that he leaves everywhere he goes without much care for who it effects if it is not his fans. He does not care about much but his fans are one of the few things he does care about. He knows he will be stuck in his parents’ restaurant if it was not for the fans who bought his albums, attended his fan meetings and shows. He is cold and rude but never to his fans.

“I'm going to the club tonight.” He repeats coolly as he gets the makeup off his face. He throws the wipes aside and turns to face Yoo-chun.

Yoo-chun who is used to Jae-joong's ways. The rock star does not faze him and he knows the soft side to Jae-joong. The side that anonymously buys staff fruit baskets or the side that cries during Disney movies. Yoo-chun knows Jae-joong more than Jae-joong he knows himself. He gives Jae-joong a shake of his head and clears his throat, “Only for an hour, Jae-joong. An hour.” He repeats.

Jae-joong simply shrugs. He knows he will be there longer than that but he decides to not give Yoo-chun anymore hell. His shrug means “sure, you win.” But they both know Jae-joong will not follow the hour rule but Yoo-chun is just relieved to get the shoulder shrugs. It is the best he can get out of Jae-joong and he will gladly take it. He leaves Jae-joong's dressing room so he can finish changing. He goes to thank the staff for Jae-joong, cleaning up his rudeness as always.

Jae-joong yanks a duffel bag off the couch and opens it. He slips into a black hoodie and changes from his leather concert pants to some comfortable skinny jeans. He kicks off the fancy shoes and put on his comfortable sneakers. His dark sunglasses waiting for him at the bottom of the bag. He puts them on and grabs his phone from the bag. He turns it on and leaves the dressing room the way it is, leaving it without a second thought to clean the clothes off the floor. He scrolls through social media, enjoying the videos of himself that is fans recorded. He texts the driver to meet him so he can go to the club.

He takes notice of Yoo-chun thanking the staff for him and smiles a bit. He is glad he has a manager that will clean up after his messes. He is also glad Yoo-chun is not annoying nor too bossy. He is the perfect manager and therefore Jae-joong exposes his soft side to him occasionally.  He makes his way out the back of the building and gets into the dark van that is waiting for him. He tells the driver to take him to a club that is not too far away. He puts his earphones in and listens to music as he rides off to the club.

A text pops up on his screen which causes Jae-joong to lightly chuckle.

From: Manager Yoo

An hour. I mean it, JJ.

Jae-joong replies with the shrugging emoji and turns his phone off. He is ready for the loud music and the cheap alcohol. He is ready for the basement of the club where the real fun happens, where he is no longer Jae-joong but just another punk who enjoy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter