Strangers

Forever In My Heart

A car stopped in front of the mansion. The butler immediately opened the door to the back seat, and she came out of it. She just got home from school, and as she went inside the house, she see everyone busily cleaning and arranging the house. 

 

"Is there a party here today? But papa isn't home yet from his business trip..." she thought. She let out a sigh, and ignored the greetings from the main. "Miss Sunnee..." a lady's voice called her. She looked up, and saw her long time nanny, walking up to her. "Auntie Bernice, why is everyone busy?" she asked. 

 

The older lady just smiled at her. "Young miss, your father called. He's coming home today, and he have a surprise for you." she said with a smile. Sunnee rolled her eyes at her. "So what? He comes home, and never stays long here. Next thing you know, he's on his way to another business trip." she said with hint of hurt. .

 

Bernice let out a sigh. she knew that Sunnee is not in good terms with her father. Ever since her mother left the Wu household, her father became distant towards her, Iand left his daughter in her care. He only comes in from time to time to check on the house, but not on her. She cannot blame Sunnee if she's mad at her father for not being there while she grows up. 

 

"Aiyo, be glad that you'll be seeing your father today, all right?" Bernice said as she patted her shoulder. "I really don't care about him. As long as he gives me my allowance, that's all that matters to me." Sunnee told her. Bernice just laughed it out. "All right, whatever you say. Go and change your clothes. I'll prepare some snacks for you, all right?" Bernice said. Sunnee just nodded her head, then she headed upstairs to her room. 

 

--

 

Dylan looked outside the window of the car. He was both nervous and happy at the same time. He's happy because finally, he have a complete family. His mother is happy, and from now on, he will live a good life. 

 

"Dylan..." he heard her mother call him. He looked at him, and smiled. "I'm excited to meet my new little sister, mom." he said. From the front seat, his new father looked at  him, and smiled. "I'm sure, you and my daughter will get along well." he said. Dylan smiled at him, and nodded politely. 

 

"Oh, by the way, we have a good news for you, Dylan." his mother said. Dylan gave her a confused look. "Baobei, let's give him the good news at dinner tonight." his stepfather said. "Uncle Chun sure is full of surprises." Dylan said, smiling at the older man. Chun pouted at his stepson. "Dylan, didn't we agree? Since I am now married to your mother, you should call me 'dad' from now on." he reminded him. 

 

Dylan nodded his head. "I'm sorry, dad. I guess I have to get used to it." he said.  His mother looked at him, and held his hand. "You'll get used to these changes, son. Don't worry." she said. 

 

--

 

Sunnee walked down the stairs, and she found her father with a woman and a younger man. She stared at them, curious at who they are. Never did her father brought home guests, or even business partners or clients at home. He only invites them when there's a party at their home. 

 

Her father looked at the stairs, and smiled at her. "Sunnee? Come down here, I want you to meet them." he said. It was more of an order than a request. Sunnee let out a sigh, and walked down the stairs to meet the guests. The woman looked at her, and smiled. The younger man did the same. 

 

"Ella, hon, this is my daughter, Sunnee. Sunnee, this is my new wife, Ella, and her son, Dylan." her father said. "It's nice to finally meet you, Sunnee. Your father told me a lot of things about you." the woman before her said. Sunee was shocked at what her father said, it hadn't sink in to her yet. 

 

"Excuse me, papa? What do you mean 'wife'?" Sunnee asked her father. "I registered my marriage  with Ella yesterday. She will be your new mother, and she and Dylan will live here starting today." he told her. Sunnee could not believe what his father just said. "Excuse me? Why didn't you tell me you're getting married?" Sunnee protested.

 

Chun let out a sigh, and looked at her daughter. "It is my decision, and I-"

"A decision that will affect  me, papa!" 

Sunnee shouted angrily at her father. "You didn't ask me if I want you to have a new wife, or if I want strangers in this house?!" she told her father. 

 

Chun furrowed his brows as he looked with annoyance on her. "This is my house. I can do whatever I want. And as long as you live here, you have to adhere to what I will say or what I want you to do. You are going to treat my new wife and her son with respect. And you will do as I say. Do you understand?" Chun told her firmly. 

 

Sunnee looked at her father for a long time. From where he is standing, Dylan could see the hurt in her face, and he became worried about her. "You never gave me attention, and now, you brought how strangers... how can you ever see me?" Sunnee thought sadly. She wanted to cry in front of her father, but she controlled herself not to. 

 

"I hate you!" Sunnee shouted angrily at him. "I will never accept these stupid strangers in this house!" she shouted again before running back up to her room. This made Chun more angry with her daughter. "Samantha Wu! Come back here, and apologize!" he shouted at her. Before he could follow her, Ella stopped him. "Let her be for now..." Ella told him in her gentlest voice. "It's hard for her to accept this. Let's give her time to calm down, all right?" Ella said. Chun looked at his new wife, and just let out a sigh. 

 

--

 

It was dinner time. 

 

Bernice was helping to serve food to  Chun and his new family. "Where is Samantha?" Chun asked. Bernice looked at him. She knew after Sunnee had a confrontation with her father, she locked herself up to her room. "She's probably sleeping at this time, Master Wu." Bernice said as an alibi. "Can you check on her, and ask her to have dinner with us?" he said. 

 

Dylan looked at his new stepfather. "Dad, maybe my little sister is not feeling well. Would it be OK if I bring some food for her to her room?" he asked. Chun looked at him, and smile. "That would be a good idea..." he said. Then, Chun turned to Bernice. "Prepare Sunnee's dinner and help Dylan bring it up to her, all right?" Chun said. Bernice just nodded her head. 

 

"So, what's the good news you want to tell me, aside from you two getting married?" Dylan asked his mother and his new father. Chun and Ella looked at each other, and smiled. Ella turned to her son, and held his hand. "Your new father talked to me, and he said he wanted to adopt you." she said. 

 

Dylan looked at Chun, surprised at the news. "I needed a successor, and you are the right fit." Chun said. Dylan let out a smile. "Thank you, dad. Thank you for adopting me. But can I have one request?" he asked. Chun nodded his head. "Is it OK if I keep my last name?" he asked. 

 

Chun and Ella gave him a confused look. Dylan let out a smile at them. "My real dad died when I was young. And through his last name, I can live his legacy. I want to remember my real dad with my last name." Dylan explained. Ella smiled at her son. Her late husband had loved Dylan, and she knew loved his late father dearly. 

 

"Well, we can have that arranged. But for now, you're part of the Wu family, and you are now my son." Chun told him. Dylan smiled at him. "Thank you, dad..." he said. 

 

--

 

Dylan stood in front of Sunnee's door. "I can do this..." he said to himself. He took a deep breath, and knocked on the door. A few seconds later, Sunnee opened it. 

 

She got annoyed when she saw his in front of her room. She raised her eyebrow, and folded her arms as she looked  at him from head to foot. "What do you want?" she asked, her voice had a strong hint of irritation. Dylan smiled at her. "You didn't join us for dinner. I was thinking, you might be hungry, so I brought you something to eat." he said. 


Sunnee looked at the tray he was holding, then back at him. "You could have told my nanny to bring me food." she told him. "I want to do it, because I want to see you, and talk to you." he said, still smiling at him. 

 

Sunnee let out a smirk. Then, she took the tray, and threw the food at his shirt. Dylan was surprised at what she did. He looked at her with widened eyes after she threw the food on him. "Mind your own business next time, idiot!" she shouted angrily at him. 

 

She closed the door on his face, and he could only look at it sadly. "Sunnee... I just want you to show you I can be your big brother... why are you pushing me away?" he said sadly. 

 

--

 

The next day. 

 

"I'm going now!"

 

Sunnee shouted as she ran towards the door. "Samantha..." she heard her father call. Sunnee stopped, and looked at him. Beside him is Dylan, who was wearing her school's uniform. Sunnee rolled her eyes at them as she walked towards them. "Why  is he wearing Ying Kai's uniform?!" she asked in annoyed tone. 

 

"Starting from today, Dylan will be going to your school. You two should go to school together, and show him around." Chun ordered her again. Sunnee let out a sigh. She had a feeling he favors Dylan over her. "Fine. Can I go now because I need to do something." she asked. She didn't wait for his father to answer, and headed out of the door. 

 

Dylan looked at Chun, and smiled. "Don't worry, dad. I'll take care of Sunnee at school." he said. Chun smiled as he patted his back. "I'm counting on you, Dylan." he said. Dylan said goodbye to him, and followed Sunnee outside. 

 

He found Sunnee sitting inside the car. He took a deep breath, and entered the back seat of the car, and sat next to her. He looked at her, ans saw her with her headphones on. Sunnee looked at him, and put off her headphone. "I really don't like sitting next to someone here. Can you move in front?" she said. Dylan just nodded his head, and got out of the back seat, then, sat at the passenger seat. 

 

Sunnee let out a smirk the moment he got inside the car again. "You should probably ask my dad to get you a brand new car. Because this car is mine. And I don't like sharing." she said in a snobbish tone. "Well, I can take the bus..." Dylan said. With that, Sunnee let out a loud laugh. "Are you kidding me? No public bus stops in front of my school. You should have known about that before transferring. Maybe you should go back to your old, poor school." she said. 

 

From the rearview mirror, Dylan looked at Sunnee sadly. He just let out a sigh, and Sunnee ignored her.