Prologue

Forever In My Heart

Seven Years Ago. 

 

A little girl wearing a white dress sat on the bench. She hugged her knees as she cried silently. From a far, a young boy saw the little girl alone in the bench. Curious, he walked up to her, and heard her muffled cries. He reached for his pocket and took out a few strawberry candies, and held it as he approached the little girl. 

 

"Don't cry..." he said as he stood in front of her. The little girl slowly lifted her head and looked up at him. He let out a smile, and opened his palm, revealing the strawberry candy. "If you cry, you're eyes will get puffy, And it will stay that way until you grow up!" he told him. She pouted at him, and continued to cry. 

 

The little boy sat beside her. Then, he took her hand, and put the candies on her hand. "Candies make me happy when I'm sad. I hope when you will be happy after eating these candies." he said. 

 

She stared at him for a long time. Then, she took one candy, and ate it. He watched her as her sad face turned into a smile. "You're right, they made me happy!" she said. With that, the little boy let out a smile. "Thank you!" she told him. He just smiled as he ruffled her hair. 

 

--

 

Twenty Years Later. 

 

"I love you..."

 

He said the moment she turned her back on her. She stopped, and listened to the next thing he's going to say. "I thought what I did would make you happy..." hes said sadly. 

 

She turned to face him, with anger on her face. "You want me to be happy?" she asked bitterly. She walked up to him, and hit his chest with her fist. "Then why did you let me go?! How could you just watch me leave your side?! If you want me to be happy, then you won't just watch me leave and be with another man!" she shouted at him as she cried. 

 

He accepted her hits. Then, he held her arms. "I thought you're going to be happy with him, so I let you go..." he said tearfully. 

 

She looked at him for a long time. Then, tears fell from her eyes. "You are the only one that makes me happy..." she said in a low voice. He stared at her for a long time, and then, he pulled her for a hug. "Then, this time, I won't let you go..."