Chapter 3

We All Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minji grabbed her coat and ran downstairs, heading towards the front door. But before she could open it, she was lifted off the ground. She groaned and turn to her side to face Bora.

“Let me down, Sua.”

“Where are you going, Jiu?”

“Just going for a stroll around, why?”

“You’re bad at lying.” Bora finally let her down but remained her hold on the floor. She watched as the short girl pulled the coat in the coach and wore it. “I’m coming with you.”

“You mean that?”

“I do…”

Minji sighed in defeat and nodded, there’s nothing she can do when Bora decides. It’s a pain in the to convince her otherwise. As they opened the door, Gahyeon came running down.

“I’m coming too.” she stated. “I heard your phonecall, it’s about the other members.”

“Alright, fine. All of us are going, let’s not waste time and just go before they left again.”

Throughout the years, Minji never stopped looking for the rest. They received a few tips on where the four girls are but everytime they arrived at the said place, they would already be gone. This time, she won’t let it happen. She needs to see them, she needs to see Yoohyeon.

She still owe Yoohyeon an apology for not being honest. Ever since the younger girl tried to awaken herself, Minji saw a flash of yellow in her eyes. But she never admitted it nor told anyone, because Yoohyeon won’t like it…and maybe because she couldn’t believe it herself.

Either ways, she need to apologize. She should have let Yoohyeon awakened and helped her with her powers, instead she pushed her away and let Yoobin take her away from all of them.

“Not again… “Minji mumbled under her breath as she drives faster. “Not this time, Yoobin.”

They arrived at the said place under 30 minutes even though it was on the mountains. The car’s wheel is a total wreck at the rocks they passed by and the speed Minji used, but she couldn’t care less. This is her team, her family, seeing them is all that matters right now.

“Are you sure this isn’t a trap?”

“If it is, then I’m sure you can handle things easily.”

Bora shrugged and lead the girls inside the house. When she opened the door, nothing came. But they didn’t let their guard down and continued inside. Minji and Bora observe the place.

“There’s a basement below, I’ll go check it.” Bora stated. “Jiu, take upstairs. Gahyeonnie, you search whole downstairs. If they’re not here, come find me.” the two girls nodded.

With that, they split up. Bora headed down, Minji headed up, Gahyeon stayed downstairs and looked around. The whole place feels dead, there wasn’t any warmth surrounding the place, not like their own. It was like a hollow heart, just beating without any purpose…

Gahyeon headed to the kitchen and found some up-to-date foods, so maybe the others is still staying here and was just out for the moment. But then she also noticed something…

“No chicken.” Gahyeon couldn’t help but chuckle bitterly. “They’re still inlove, I see…”

After observing the kitchen, she headed to the living room. Yoohyeon’s favorite games are scattered under the television, there’s some books on the shelf that probably belongs to Yoobin, and Siyeon’s favorite movies are scattered with Yoohyeon’s games. They’re a mess.

Without any reason, Gahyeon arranged the messy things into a neat arrangement. Minji or Bora often do this because they know how Yoohyeon and Siyeon easily gets frustrated if they won’t find what they wanted. But for the past couple of years, the two oldest changed.

Bora became an empty shell, she couldn’t feel nor wanted to feel anything. Minji became a little obssessed in finding the other members that she couldn’t even take care of herself. So, Gahyeon took it upon herself to try and help the unnies if they couldn’t handle it anymore.

“My only wish is for everything to be back to normal.” she whispered under her breath as she continued. There’s still a few rooms she has to check, but one room was heavily locke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter