Chapter 5

We All Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though they weren’t talking, Bora and Siyeon were in a comfortable silence. They were still holding each other’s hand, both of them doesn’t want to let go yet. There’s fear in their hearts, scaring them that if they let go this time, there’s no chance of getting them back.

“So, what were you guys doing while you’re away?” Siyeon was a bit surprised when Bora broke the silence. Guess she really didn’t change after all these years, always the loud one.

“Yoobin built a machine, and kept us here because she needed our powers. Yoohyeon and I are Azriel, and we’re powerful. She can turn sounds into force, I can summon monsters.”

“I never would have guessed Yoohyeon would be an Azriel.”

“Yeah, me neither.” Siyeon chuckled. “But wait, what about me?”

“Nah, I always had a gut-feel that you’ll be one. It’s about your eyes.”

“My eyes? Why do you always base something with my eyes?” Siyeon joked and was taken aback when Bora suddenly turned to face her, staring directly into her eyes. “W-What--”

“I like your eyes, they always tell me what you feel.”

“R-Really? What am I feeling now?”

“You’re…afraid.”

“Of what?” Bora saw Siyeon’s brown eyes starting to sparks into yellow, so she held tightly on the younger girl’s hand. That seems to calm her down as her frown turns into a smile.

“You’re scared that I’m going to push you away because you’re an Azriel.”

“Well, aren’t you going to? I’ll only bring you pain, you’re better off without me.”

“Is that why you stayed away from me all this time?” Uh-oh. This time, it was Bora’s eyes that’s glowing red. “You think I wouldn’t allow you to be with me because you’re an Azriel.”

“W-What--No!”

“Answer me truthfully, Lee Siyeon.”

“Look…” Siyeon took a deep breath. “Let’s talk about this later, okay? There’s something we need to do right now, it’s important for everyone’s sake. I promise I won’t run this time…”

“You better not, because I’m not going to let you go again.” Siyeon blushed as Bora stares at her intently. “I don’t want to feel the same emptiness without you once more, Singni.”

“You won’t…not again.”

They got out of the second path and went to proceed to the first path, still holding tightly to each other. When they arrive, they saw Yoobin, Handong and Gahyeon. That left Minji and…

--

“Yoohyeonnie.” the gray-haired girl wanted to erase that sad look in Minji’s face, but she shouldn’t. Not right now. There’s still a chance that everything will go wrong in any way.

Yoohyeon had always been the smartest out of everyone, she would calculate things first and would think of a solution. Right now, the solution she could think of is to gather everyone to talk about the situation they’re currently facing with, especially with Yoobin’s machine…

“It’s already too late, you can’t do anything about it. I’m one of those yellow-eyed people.”

“I don’t care!” Minji exclaimed. “Azriel or not, you’re still Kim Yoohyeon. My Yoohyeon…”

The younger girl groaned as she ran her fingers through her hair. Minji isn’t making this any better, she’s only making Yoohyeon unable to decide and blush like a highschooler inlove.

Well, not that she isn’t inlove with the girl. It’s just disturbing her judgement when the girl is looking at her with those sad eyes, silently asking her for one more chance. And she would gladly give it to her, if only their timeline isn’t at risk here. There’s still Yoobin’s revenge plan.

“Please don’t leave me again, I spent everyday for the past couple of years to find you. I--”

“Save that for later.” Yoohyeon cut her off, knowing what’s going to come out of .

“What?”

“Let’s go right now.”

“Where are we going to go?”

“Downstairs.” Yoohyeon hesitated but eventually reached out for Minji’s wrist and gently drag her out of the room and towards the basement, immediately choosing the first path.

Everyone was already gathered there when they arrived and Yoobin grinned before standin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter