Day 1 Part 2

Falling For You

 

Yujin groaned in defeat as she slammed her controller on the table. She had lost against Hyewon....again. With Hyewon’s recent win it was now; Hyewon 15 - Yujin 0. 

 

“Hyung, can you like ease up a bit and let me win for once?” Yujin complained as she updated the tally marks on the whiteboard for their scores. 

 

Hyewon simply stretched her hands and proceed to wipe her keyboard down before the next match. She swiftly cleaned her mouse as well and doubled checked all her cables. 

 

“No way Yujin. We made a bet on food today. There’s no way in hell I’m giving that up. Plus y’know I’ve been pretty excited to try the new bread at the campus Bakery. ”

 

“Yeah, but look at these scores! I’m literally at 0! Have pity on your cute little junior~”

 

Yujin then proceeded to crouch down near the end of the table and appeal to Hyewon with her puppy eyes. 

 

“Nice try Ahn. We both know that tactic only works on Eunbi Unnie and on Chayeon. And besides, you’re only losing because you stubbornly decided to use a controller! We all know it’s way easier to use a keyboard and a mouse. ”

 

Yujin huffed in protest, clearly offended by Hyewon’s criticism. “My fingers work with a controller just fine! All you PC Master races think you’re such hot shots.”

 

The door to the computer lab squeaked squeaked open and Yena waltzed into the room. “To be fair Hyewon is almost God level when it comes to games though.” Yena placed her bag down near the entrance, threw herself onto the couch, and continued the conversation. “Or more to the fact that you probably just forgot to adjust your sensitivity before you started the match.”

 

Yujin made an Ohhh noise and proceeded to adjust the settings for her controller. Hyewon laughed and tossed Yena a bag of chips. 

 

“I thought you were going to study in the practice room?” Hyewon questioned. 

 

Yena opened the bags of chips and began to munch on them. She let out a tired sigh and massage her temple with her free hand. 

 

“My brains too fried to understand anything.”

 

“You’re brains always too fried to understand anything though.” Yujin interjected, as she adjusted her settings. “The only time your brains never fried is on performance days or days where we do hands on music.”

 

Yena simply glared at the youngest girl and threw a nearby pillow at her. “At least I’m not nearly flunking my Math classes.”

 

“Math isn’t even that important for a General Music Arts class though.” 

 

Hyewon spun around in her Secret Lab gaming chair. “You still at math though.” 

 

Yujin could only groan in despair as her Unnies relentlessly roasted her. In protest she turned her controller off, leaned her head on the table, and wrapped her arms around her head. “Yah, I didn’t skip basketball practice to come here to be attacked.” 

 

“Then you shouldn’t have skipped practice and left poor Wonyoung alone with the seniors.” Yena states as she threw her empty bag of chips at Yujin. “What’s our poor maknae going to do if she has to run more laps because of you?”

 

Yujin snorted at Yena’s comment. She reached down to pick up the chip bag, crushed it into a ball, and shot it at the trash can. “Psh, it’s only the first day of the new semester. There’s no way there’ll be any harsh punishments. Plus it’s Wonyoung- she can always aegyo herself out of anything.”

 

Hyewon imitated a buzzer beater and a crowd going wild as Yujin’s shot successfully went into the trash bin. Grinning they gave each other a high five. Satisfied with how they spent the last hour, Hyewon proceed to turn off her PC. Yujin on the other hand fetched their bags and coats. 

 

Yena looked at them both with a puzzled look on her face. “You guys are already packing up early?” She glanced at her watch. “It’s literally only 5pm.”

 

“Oh yeah we forgot to tell you. Chayeon Unnie told us to go relay a message to Eunbi Unnie. Apparently Chayeon’s giving these new Japanese students a tour around campus and won’t be able to attend extra dance practice today.” Yujin informed her as she tossed Hyewon her jacket and her bag. 

 

“Wait what? I thought they practiced their routine for their class right away after their classes ended though?”

 

Hyewon simply rolled her eyes at Yena. She forgot how forgetful she could be sometimes. She was almost as terrible as Yujin. “Chayeon and Eunbi changed their dance practice times remember? Eunbi’s boss messed up her work schedule and now she has to spend her mid afternoon to evening working at the bakery.”

 

“Oh that makes sense. Wait does that mean that Dance Club will have a different schedule now too?”

 

“Yeah, apparently were only meeting up for 2 hours once a week now. But anyways let’s go get some bread now!”

 

Yena and Yujin both chuckled at the excited Hyewon. They both quickly got themselves prepared to leave- as they didn’t want their hyung to get hangry. 

 

-

 

Chayeon’s hands swept her blazer down for any wrinkles for the nth time she had spent waiting near the schools library. She  hoped Eunbi wouldn’t kill her for not being able to attend their extra practice- especially since it was for their new routine for their Dance Arts course. Her eyes wandered around looking for the supposed new transfers. 

 

They seem to be quite late. Hopefully they didn’t get too lost on campus. There’s quite a lot of different routes to the library from the administrations office too. 

 

Chayeon scanned her surroundings for a trio of girls who may be lost. There were numerous people walking through the hallways, a few people sat at some side tables, and there was an almost empty cafe around the corner. 

 

It can’t be helped if they got a little lost- I wouldn’t blame them. They most likely won’t arrive if I quickly grab myself a cup of coffee though? 

 

Chayeon made haste towards the cafe to secure herself some caffeine and hopefully freshen up before the trip of transfers arrived. She entered the door and inhaled the strong scent of coffee and  a tinge of something sweet. She walked up to order her coffee when she passed by a pretty face. 

 

Woah, it’s not every day you see someone this pretty on campus. 

 

She was about to step foreword and quickly order her coffee when she noticed hushed voices speaking in Japanese over the semi-loud cafe music. Not far to her left she spotted a trio of female students speaking broken Korean to a barista. 

 

“Chayeon, do you know?” One of them asked in barely understandable Korean. The other two gave each other a panicked look at their current predicament. 

 

“Sakura-chan I’m pretty sure this guy wouldn’t even know our tour guide....”

 

“How did we all forget where we were supposed to meet up at?”

 

Chayeon stumbled foreword and rescued the poor worker. She bowed in apology to them and greeted the surprised trio- including the pretty face she gawked at earlier. 

 

“Ah I’m glad I finally found you three. I’m Lee Chayeon. And I’m assuming you’re Miyawaki-san, Honda-san, and Yabuki-san?” She introduced herself in Japanese. “Don’t worry if you’re not fluent enough in Korean. I understand enough Japanese to help you guys for the next few weeks.”

 

Ms. Visually appealing spoke up first, bowing with her two companions. “I’m Miyawaki Sakura, but Sakura is just fine.”

 

The girl with round cheeks greeted Chayeon as well. “I’m Honda Hitomi, but feel free to call me Hii-chan! And this shorty beside me-“

 

The shortest person in the trio suddenly poked Hitomi’s cheeks, causing her to end her sentence. “Hey, I’m not that short!” She greeted Chayeon with what seemed 100% of her enthusiasm. “I’m Yabuki Nako, but just Nako is good. No need for us to be too formal with each other.”

 

Chayeon gave each of them a smile and shook their hands. Her hands may have lingered too long with Sakura’s and she might have smiled too much as she made eye contact with the beauty. 

 

“Well now that we’re acquainted, shall we begin our campus tour of P48 University?”

 

-

 

Asgskshhs I still don’t have a good idea of how everyone in the group acts. I hope nothing will be too OOC. 

But on the other hand- HAVE YALL LISTENED TO RISE? ITS SUCH A BOP WOW.  I still can’t tell their voices apart during the chorus though 😂