Call For Backup

License To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy kept running but no matter how fast she went; she was further and further away from Irene. The screams, cries and pleads for help rang in her eyes. Everything was dark, her heart was pumping and her hands shaking. She looked down to her hand and looked at the detonator with resentment…if she let go just a gram, a milligram, any ounce of pressure then the lives of many dear to her would be lost. She then used her other hand to wipe her cheek, since when was she crying?

 

Meanwhile, MoonByul and Yongsun were dusting themselves off and collecting ammo from the slain bodies surrounding them. The duo whipped their heads once they heard rushed footsteps echoing through the underground area. Expecting, four sets of feet the couple were disappointed when they only noticed two, but what concerned them was Seungwan’s state – the blonde had red puffy eyes, a bruised face and looked like the weight of the world was on her shoulders. Said girl made pained eye contact with Moonbyul and began to tremble on the spot, Moonbyul slowly took a step forward.

 

“Byul s-stop, d-don’t come any closer” Moonbyul put her hands up and continued to take slow steps trying to coax the girl.

 

“Hey Wen, look at me mate, it’s going to be alright, I’m going to need you to co-operate with me all right?” The silver hair girl looked at her with hope and felt reassured when Seungwan nodded timidly.

 

“Now tell me what happened.”

 

The agent took a deep breath and sighed as she held her head with her unoccupied hand “I had them, I really thought I did but that dirty bastard has the rest of the agents in one highly explosive warehouse and mine and Irene’s family locked up in another…and the only thing keeping them from being blown into oblivion is my thumb on this button. I lost her Byul, no I left her with that maniac. What if I never see her again? What if he kills her? , this is so ed up I don’t know what to do!” Wendy broke down into the older girls arms and felt Yongsun pat her head to coax her.

 

“, oh Wen I’m so sorry.” Byul kissed her head

 

“But I promise, we’re going to figure this out. First, we need to get to the warehouses and save everyone and then get your girl back.” Wendy shook her head amongst the tears

 

“I don’t think I could do that Byul, I-I don’t know how I feel right now… all I know is that Irene is out there not safe and I can’ t move MY ING THUMB ?” Moonbyul grabbed the distressed girl by the collar

 

“GET A ING GRIP SON SEUNGWAN, YOU ARE A ING SECRET AGENT WITH SKILL SETS UNLIKE ANYONE ELSE ! WOMAN THE UP AND GET YOUR TOGETHER BECAUSE WE’RE GOING TO SAVE ALL THOSE PEOPLE AND GET YOUR GIRL BACK, GOT IT?!” Moonbyul shook the girl even harder when she heard no response

 

“DO YOU HEAR ME SON?!” Moonbyul slapped the girl out of her reverie and back into reality. Wendy suddenly looked like a switch and the lightbulb above her head lit up.

 

“I know where they are… the photo Bogum showed me. One of the warehouses had an emblem in the background… it’s at the port in Icheon”

 

“Well why didn’t you say that… lets go.”

 

“Wait, where’s Yongsun?!” The two girls flinched when a out military style land rover crashed through one of the walls. The driver’s window rolled down and out popped a smiley Yongsun.

 

“Get in losers, we’re going to save some people” Yongsun sing-songed mimicking the classic Regina George line from Mean Girls.

 

Seungwan and Moobyul grinned at each other and jumped into the car: the couple in the front, Seungwan on the edge of her seat in the middle. But, Seungwan looked puzzled as to why Yongsun had not put her foot on the accelerator yet.

 

“uuuh Yongsun-unnie what gives?”

 

“Put your seatbelt on first Son”

 

“Are you ing serious, we’re about to go save 20 people in abandoned warehouses and that’syour concern”

 

“yes, no put it on your find you own way to the ports” Seungwan huffed at the others safety firstrules and smiled at Moonbyul’s apologetic face. Seungwan then felt her body jolt back when Yongsun put her foot on the gas and zoomed out of the intricate tunnels of the agency screeching onto the streets of Seoul. Yongsun was weaving through cars on the motorway and hit almost anything that moved. Seungwan was trying to balance herself as she was swaying side to side, watching the detonator in her hand tirelessly, making sure she applied a feasible amount of pressure.

 

They were approaching the port and Seungwan pointed out a pair of warehouses with empty barrels outside; Yongsun screeched to a halt making the truck skid in circles. Before the car came to a complete stop, Seungwan jumped out – a pistol in one hand whilst the detonator was in the other along with plenty of bullets in her pocket. Clearing the area and looking back to Moonbyul with a nod, Wendy approached the main entrance cautiously with her gun up, the door had a thick lock on it so Wendy shot the padlock three or four times for the chain to fall to the ground. Her fingertips grazed the door and she took in a deep breathe before entering.

 

Wendy slowly opened the door and was met with a sight that induced tears – the warehouse was empty other than the petrified bodies of the ones she loves, tied up and in grave danger. Wendy wondered why no guards were around but just rushed to her teammates. She was taking steps towards them but noticed a trip wire, she followed the wire to a load of barrels in the corner and then her eyes bulged at the beeping bomb in the centre of the twenty people.

 

Wendy wiped the sweat from her brow and tried to formulate a plan on how to do this. She hopped around the wire, shifting from left to right foot whilst keeping her thumb on the detonator steady. She was now closer to the contraption and surrounded by the backs of her fellow agents, bringing out a penknife she always carried with her she eyed the beeping metre carefully as it was covered in intricate wires.

 

. Do I cut the yellow or red wire or maybe it’s the blue, …the green one? Wendy shook her head and tried to remember her bomb defusing classes back at the agency. Once not entirelysure of her decision she put the blade to the yellow wire, closed her eyes, bit her lip and prayed to lesbian Jesus that it was the right ing wire otherwise they would all go up in flames.

 

Beep. Beep. Bee-

 

Wendy sighed when she heard the machine shut down and her hand finally stopped shaking once she released the detonator. She then nodded to Moonbyul indicating it was safe to approach. The two started freeing the others from their seats whilst Wendy went to her teammates. Ripped the cloth from Seulgi’s mouth first, the bear took a heavy breath.

 

“Wan, holy …you’re here” Wendy cupped her same-aged friend’s cheek and looked deeply into her eyes

 

“Of course, I am bear…you’re my family and it’s my duty to save you.” Wendy swiftly cut the ropes off of Seulgi’s hands and feet and felt arms drooped over her in a bone-crushing hug, Sooyoung then joined, then Jennie, then Sana and now there was a twenty person hug made up of the TWICE, BLACKPINK and TRIPLE S squadrons whilst someone watched sadly in the corner. The group chattered and said their thanks whilst detaching themselves from Wendy as well as greeting Moonbyul.

 

Yongsun then walked in with six other people from the other warehouse who ran to Wendy and sobbed in tears of joy. An elderly lady who looked very similar to her attached herself to the agent and apologised amongst her tears.

“Seungwan-ah my child, i-I’m so sorry, I’ve found you my darling” the women gasped and gaped whilst the elderly man next to her put a reassuring grip on her shoulder whilst he comforted an older version of herself which she assumed to be her older sister. She then looked over to the other trio and could only see Irene in the woman and man’s features as well as their younger daughters.

 

Memories of Irene’s whereabouts flashed into her mind and Wendy instantly fell on her knees in a bow amongst her tears.

 

“I’m sorry I couldn’t save her but I swear now that I have found you I will not eat, sleep or do anything else until I find your daughter” Wendy said in an authoritarian voice but was soon lifted by the father in law?Irene’s dad and Wendy felt warm receiving such a warm smile of comfort.

 

“Seungwan you were always there for Joohyun, I trust you and know you will get her back my child…we’ve missed you truly” She was then brought into another hug by all the family members. They then turned when they heard a cough of interruption.

 

“Um, hate

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter