A Life That Is Shaken Not Stirred

License To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Realising the impact of the situation Joohyun automatically fell to her knees; emotions overcoming her. She didn’t know who was surrounding her but she could feel a pair of arms wrapping her in an embrace, she just delved into the arms further and sobbed harder. Great pain was taking over her entire body watching the love of her life being taken away. Unable to think properly Joohyun suddenly stood up unsure of what to do or where to go. It was then that she noticed two people who she thinks were some of Wendy’s colleagues, one was holding her shoulders and talking to her but Joohyun was not registering her words.

 

“Joohyun-ssi, please respond” she pleads despondently

 

Just blinking again and Joohyun gives a timid nod indicating that she was listening.

 

“W-who are you?”

 

“I’m agent Seulgi, I work in the organisation with Wendy and this is Sooyoung” the taller girl gave a shrug seeming out of place as she was in equal shock as Joohyun. Without waiting for a response Seulgi then goes on to brief the shivering victim.

 

“Joohyun-ssi I undertand this is very hard for you but you need to cooperate with us. We promise you’re safe now in our custody”

 

“But Seungwan’s not safe, my god what if something happens to her” Joohyun felt her knees weaken at the thought. Staggering the raven haired girl grabbed the lapels of Seulgi’s jacket with desperation coursing through her veins.

 

“W-where is she? Please I need to see her you don’t undertand”

 

“Joohyun-ssi I cannot imagine what you are going through right now and you must be really shaken up but unfortunately we cannot take you to Seungwan right away” Sooyoung said

 

“What?”

 

“We still need you to testify against Mr Park, there is an team downstairs”

 

Joohyun felt horrified.

 

Like hell am I going to that place after knowing Seungwan is hurt.

 

Swallowing her pain Joohyun was standing her ground “No, I’m not going. Take me to Seungwan now”

 

“I’m sorry we can’t do that” The taller deadpanned

 

“Fine, I’ll just find her myself” as soon as the determined woman was about to turn she felt a sharp metal prick in her shoulder but couldn’t register who was the culprit because everything went black.

 

Seulgi and Sooyoung looked apologetically at the unconscious Joohyun on the floor then gave a pointed look at the figure with the syringe in her hand.

 

“Was that necessary?”

 

“Look, I want to know about Seungwan’s condition as much as she does but this isn’t over until Bogum is locked away and we can’t have that unless little miss lovergirl here is at that courthouse asap”

 

“But did you really have to ing sedate her?”

 

“Come on, don’t take the fun out of it”

 

Rolling their eyes “You’re a real piece of work Yerim”.

 

The three woman then carried Joohyun’s unconscious body to a large protected black van where they would transport to the UN tribunal.

 

---

 

Meanwhile

 

“, she’s losing a lot of blood” nurses with multiple blood bags were rambling through as chaos started to fill the room.

 

“I didn’t think a bullet could lodge itself so deep, one wrong move and we could rupture an artery” gasped out one of the main surgeons whose brow was getting sweatier by the second. One cut there, another cut there, the snipping and constant gauzing seemed continuous until the surgeons were seeing red…literally.

 

"She’s flatlining…” they padded down as many absorbing materials as possible to reduce the bleeding. A shaking nurse then walked in with bloodbags whilst another grabbed the paddles of the defibrillator.

 

“Raise it to 120, hurry up !” the tension of the room was high panic ensuing.

 

“3,2,1…CLEAR”

 

---

 

Joohyun awoke in a frantic state, not remembering much but panicked even further when she noticed she was in a room unknown to her. Sat directly opposite was Seulgi and Sooyoung as well as some younger looking girl who she assumed was a part of RV5 as well.

 

“W-what the ? Where am I?”

 

“UN Headquaters, Seoul. Catchup blondie” Seulgi wore a confused expression to Yerim’s remark as Joohyun was obviously a brunette whilst Sooyoung rolled her eyes for the hundredth time that day.

 

Checking her wrists that were tied up Joohyun looked terrified “Did you ing sedate me ? That’s ing illegal”

 

“When the going gets tough, the tough gets going blondie”

 

“My name is Joohyun” she gritted through her teeth as she struggled against the ties

 

“And I couldn’t give a flying ” Yerim grabs the agitated girl by the chin harshly, her eyes pleading

 

“Look here, I want to see Seungwan as much as you do. You have no clue how worried I am so please my god please, I’m begging you let’s just take down this Bogum so we can go see her” Yerim was now on her knees, tears in her eyes. It was evident to Joohyun that the girl was very close to her Seungwan and figured that they were more alike than the situation provided. Taking in a deep breath she was finally, somewhat, relaxed and said with a determined look…

 

“Fine, let’s do it”

 

-----

 

Reporters looked absolutely baffled at the black van screeching up to the courthouse which opened its doors expecting the arrival of someone. The reporters all went into a mass panic as the filmed the four figures running towards the van in a haste.

 

“This just in on MBC news, Park Bogum crime lord and mogul has been deemed guilty on the counts of terrorism and illegal arms dealing. Just now we have seen the prime witness and model, also Bogum’s ex, Bae Joohyun sprinting out of the UN headquarters with three other unknown women towards a suspicious black van which has just sprinted off. This has been Choi Yoo-Jun for MBC news”

 

A convoy was swerving through the narrow streets of Seoul breaking all speed limits humanly possible. Joohyun, being in one of said vans held her hand over in an attempt to not throw up, her excitement was on high; she felt so exhilarated when testifying against Bogum and watching that psycho be taken away by officials. Although it made her sigh in relief now that all the emotions have caught up with her as well as Moonbyul’s driving she felt incredibly queasy. Suddenly, wide eyed Joohyun asked “Hey !! did you guys manage to track down my family? Are they okay?”

 

Yeri just sat opposite the meek girl and smirked “You underestimate our skills Ms Bae, we’re not regarded the best secret agency in the world for nothing. They are currently in a safehouse with our agents” Yeri then pulled out her communicator to contact the Blackpink squad and check up on the Baes and Sons. De-briefing them of the situation the group made their way to the hospital and Irene managed to speak to her family and the Sons updating them on her safety.

 

Next thing they knew they were halting to a stop in front of what Joohyun assumed was the hospital. They waited for the TWICE squad to get out of their tailing and leading trucks to sweep the area then after the all clear they made their way inside the specific wing for RV5 agents. Joohyun had never ran quicker in her life and wondered how the agents do it, let alone in heels.

 

Turning down the corridor, they all stopped in front of small door of room 2102 where a doctor was exiting from. Said doctor was about to address the four people standing at the door when a frantic raven haired girl pounced onto her.

 

“Where is she? Is she okay? Oh my god” taking in deeper breaths every moment Joohyun was the doctor’s coat as tears ran down her face. It seemed she was having some form of panic attack causing Seulgi, Sooyoung and Yeri to carefully pull her away from the doctor; they sat the shocked girl down.

 

“Who is she?” The doctor asked Yeri

 

“It’s complicated Taeyeon-unnie; onto a more important matter…how is she?”

 

“Well, we tried our best we really did. Whoever shot her must have had a serious vendetta because my goodness, that bullet was lodged in deep.” Taeyeon released a deep breath as she realised the RV5 wing slowly began to fill up with all the agents who she knew and a few additional guests.

 

Clearing she addressed all of them as she knew they wanted to hear the news.

 

“Fortunately, we were able to recover Seungwan and get the bullet out of her successfully” Everyone wore bright smiles and started hugging each other, tears escaping their eyes at the good news. Taeyeon was not a fan of this part…

 

“However, her recovery was at the expense of excessive bleeding and haemorrhaging, we did a bypass and after she flatlined we went into emergency mode. Knowing our Seungwannie she’s a fighter she was able to push through which helped us finish up the surgery successfully. As of now, we don’t know when she will wake up and when she does she may be very disorientated so I suggest only a few people at a time in the room at once.” Once the doctor was finished with her speech she felt various thanks and hugs from the agents and people who she assumed were Wendy’s parents. Yet the girl who jumped on her earlier seemed to recluse into her seat, deep in thought. Yeri then approached her signalling that the girl was fine as she leant on her mother’s shoulder for comfort.

 

Releasing a tired sigh she thanked Taeyeon.

 

“No need to thank me, I’m just doing my job president” At that word Yeri bit her lip as it started to tremble and tears were now flooding her vision. Taeyeon, sensing her distress grabbed the girl into her arms coaxing her to calm down as the younger kept sobbing out “it’s all my fault, it’s all over”. To say Taeyeon was worried was an understatement as she had never seen the composed girl so sad before, she was a kid after all. All the agents were worried and gave sympathetic looks as the doctor took her to a separate room to calm her down.

 

-----

 

Taking the doctor’s advice people started to visit Seungwan’s room in small groups. Initially they offered Joohyun to go first but they seemed surprised when she denied the first visit and urged everyone else to go see her. She wasn’t ready to see her like this, not yet.

 

Seungwan’s parents went in first, then her parents, then the Triple S agents as well as the Twice and Blackpink team. Joohyun just sat there despondent, watching the various amount of people going in and out of the room. She later moved to the window to collect her thoughts and stared at the sun retreating into the horizon as the moon ascended into view.

 

Feeling a tap on her shoulder she was met with her mother’s worried eyes

 

“My darling, you’re the only person to see her now. What’s wrong?” Joohyun looked around to notice people were saying their tired goodbyes promising to come back tomorrow to check up on the injured girl.

 

Joohyun let out an exhausted sigh curling into her mother’s warmth “I’m not ready to see her yet. I know it sounds crazy considering I was ready to jump across the Seoul skyline to make sure she was okay but now that I’m here in front of the door…I just can’t”

 

Mrs Bae was totally concerned she had never seen her daughter so defeated before. Patting the younger girl’s knee she chirped up:

 

“Do you remember that time in high school where you got jealous over some overly-friendly cheerleader to took a liking to Seungwan?”

 

Joohyun scoffed as she brought her knees up to her chest “Kim Doyeon that with the pretty eyes and stupidly perfect smile. She was shameless putting her hands all over my Wannie at the prep rally!”

 

Irene’s mothered chuckled at her easily jealous daughter when recalling the fond memory.

 

“Of course you focus on that part but you’re forgetting the part where poor Wendy tried to apologise to your stubborn self for a week straight. For heaven’s sake the girl set up a tent on our lawn because you refused to forgive her for something she had no control of! Your father and I were so worried she would get hypothermia at night and even when we offered her blankets she refused. That silly girl could have gotten sick when it rained too. It was on the final night that she tried to get your forgiveness for the millionth time and did that classic ‘holding a boombox outside of your window and paying our song’ kind of thing and she ended up running around the block when the neighbour’s dog started chasing her around”

 

Irene recalled the memory fondly because it was just such a Wendy thing to do…dork. She failed to realise her eyes were welling up with tears. Her mother sweetly grabbed her hand and kissed her forehead sweetly.

 

“And it was when you finally came to the front porch and ran into her arms whilst she was limping, covered in dirt and smelt like dog apologising repeatedly that I realised that Seungwan was the one for you. The point of the story is Seungwan, no matter what the situation, Wan waited until you were ready but don’t make the poor girl wait forever; she doesn’t deserve that especially when she took a bullet for you.”

 

Digesting her mother’s words Joohyun regained her senses and approached the room, she saw Wendy’s family leave stating that they were going to get a coffee from the hospital cafeteria. Placing her shaky hand on the doorknob Joohyun regulated her breathing.

 

In

 

Out

 

In

 

Out

 

Finally she entered and was met with a dim room that smelt like hospital sanitation kits she timidly approached the bed where the blonde was sedated; wired to IV drips and machines with a cannula under her nose.

 

Joohyun reached out to the girl’s soft hair as tears streaked her cheeks.

 

“I’m sorry Seungwan-ah, I’m so sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter