Fight Or Flight

License To Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jump + plane = bad idea in Joohyun’s mind. How does one go from making out with the love of your life to now being strapped into a weird contraption with the love of your life attached to your back by a few buckles…this wasn’t reassuring at all.

 

Wendy was too busy adjusting the parachute pack to notice her girlfriend? Client?...Joohyun’s discomfort. Once she double checked that everything was intact she checked up on the girl linked to her tightly.

 

“Hyun-ah, baby… you okay?” Wendy asked in a light voice to distract the stone-like beauty.

 

“If you think calling me sweet pet names is going to make me any less scared then you’re wrong Son Seungwan.”

 

“Alright, well then. I guess it’s time to open the door then” Wendy’s hand were stopped by a small pair which held on with a harsh pressure and a lot of might.

 

“w-wait, please, please… I can’t breathe, wait” Joohyun tried to bend over to catch her breath feeling the anxiety creep in.

 

Wendy held the girl close and let her breathe in and out, rubbing smooth circles on the back of her neck, coaxing her slowly but surely.

 

“I’m going to be with you the entire time, I’m literally on your back. What I’m going to need you to do it keep your legs rested against mine and keep your head up on my shoulder, kind of like cuddling but whilst in mid-air, and I know you love cuddling so it should be easy for you. You’re going to keep your hands grabbing the straps on your shoulders like this” Wendy gently placed the girls hands where they should be and kept pecking her neck and cheek to keep her calm.

 

“Now I’m going to keep your body in the right position so when we go don’t think about anything other than me. I’ll do all the work; all I need you to do is keep your eyes shut and scream your lungs out if you want to but be careful in case flies go into your mouth.” Wendy’s humour was falling on deaf ears.

 

“Remember I’ve done this several times so trust me.”

 

Joohyun nodded her head whilst keeping her eyes closed and clenched tighter when she heard the plane doors open and Wendy counting down.

 

“3….2…remember I love you….1” and with that Wendy ran out the plane with a confused Joohyun attached to her front.

 

Speaking of Joohyun, she was completely dazed when she heard the words ‘I Love You’ but couldn’t comprehend because next thing she knew she was in the air, screaming her lungs out and shutting her eyes immediately she tried to follow Wendy’s instructions as much as she could. She clutched the straps hard but relaxed when she felt arms grabbing her limbs and adjusting them to make her in a superman position. Joohyun was scared less but the feeling of flying with her soulmate gave her a thrilling feeling.

 

She felt one arm of Wendy’s lose the placing and then a harsh pull, her body then went flying and the air pulled her back forcefully indicating the parachute was released. Luckily Wendy held her neck securely otherwise Joohyun would have experienced major whiplash.

 

Her mind was still distorted but her senses soon came back to her, Joohyun soon heard the sweet melody of Wendy’s voice.

 

“Open your eyes Hyun”

 

Joohyun’s ears were still ringing but she willed herself to open her eyes and was astounded by the view, she could clearly see the Yeosu bridge as well as the horizon which had the sun brightly shining on the water. It was a sight she could look at forever and it made her smile widely, enjoying the moment. The picturesque view let her relax slightly and sway with the wind, she felt the parachute move to the right then the left and she suddenly loved the feeling of defying gravity. She spread her arms out like an eagle and for the first time in forever… felt free.

 

“Calm down Kate Winslet, unlike the titanic I hope we do not crash.” Seungwan chuckled behind her and continued steering them whilst the two kept humming the infamous song of ‘Yeosu Night Sea’ , harmonizing their voices to make sweet melody, forgetting the world that awaits them and just remembering this moment that they’re in… together.

 

-----

 

Joohyun soon felt them descending and a wide field with an aircraft hanger in the distance. As they got lower and lower Joohyun could see a bleach blonde with her arms wrapped around a smiley brunette. Moments later they were on the ground, Joohyun forgetting what having a centre of gravity feel like immediately fell but before she made contact with the harsh ground, strong arms wrapped around her. She turned to be greeted with a sickly sweet smile slash smirk from Seungwan who just pecked her lips surprising her for a second time today.

 

“Wasn’t that bad now, was it babe? Just like a rollercoaster and you love those” Seungwan exaggerated the lovewhich reminded Joohyun of her previous words in the plane before they were about to jump.

 

Joohyun started slapping the girl who held her and she stood up fully “don’t, you ever do that again”

 

“W-what did I do this time?!”

 

“You, you said that you lo- ugh Nevermind!” Joohyun stomped away in a huff and made her way to the couple leaving Seungwan stranded with the parachute still attached. The agent tried catching up but Joohyun, despite being short was a fast walker. Seungwan saw her speak briefly to Moonbyul and Yongsun and then continued to the building without even looking at the huffing and puffing agent.

 

“What did you do this time Son?”

 

“Not even a hi, hello, nice to see you Byul?” Seungwan regained her breath after a few moments then properly addressing the problem.

 

“H-how angry was she?” Seungwan was now rubbing her nape awkwardly, red in the face from all the running.

 

Moonbyul just chuckled loudly at the girls bluntness and led a clueless Seungwan into the warehouse.

 

“There is much you must learn about women young senpai”

 

-----

 

After Moonbyul and Yongsun had shown her to her room and gave her time to freshen up, giving her some clothes and the necessities.

 

Seungwan was now out of her blood ridden suit and now wearing a knitted oxford shirt which was very breathable along with some black jeans rolled up to her ankles with a pair of tan suede loafers. Checking herself in the mirror once more Wendy gave herself a confidence boosting smirk and left the room. Before joining the others Wendy decided to check up on Irene.

 

Hesitantly knocking on the door “Hyun? Are you alright?”

 

Wendy rolled her eyes as she heard a barely audible grunt.

 

“Hyunnie c’mon, I don’t even know what I did, can you please let me in so we can talk this out.”

 

“Nope.”

 

“You do know I am legally obliged to break down this door for safety reasons”

 

“You do know that I am legally obliged to not give a . Knock down this door and I swear to god; I will cut of your non-existent .” Wendy shivered at the other girl’s anger and decided to give her some space.

 

Approaching Moonbyul and Yongsun Wendy slumped on a chair and huffed. Moonbyul started “Before I ask you about that” she made a gesture toward the bedrooms “inform us with all the formal stuff, then we can spill the T.”

 

“Well, I was sent on a mission to a high grade witness from Toronto to Seoul, it’s been 5 days and I had a two week limit. To me this would be any regular mission, but when Yeri said that if I completed this mission successfully and that I would be free, I put all my determination into it. I rock up to the hotel, all my equipment wasn’t working which I thought was quite fishy but I carried on… Irene opens the door and all this happens in my mind and I have no clue what is going on. I bolted, I went to the nearest park to calm down and Yeri wasn’t replying to my SOS. I have a feeling Yeri knew what was at stake hence why she gave me this mission… that little bugger. How’d you do it Byul? How’d you get out?”

 

“I did my time and managed to meet the love of my life on a mission” the blonde grinned whilst wrapping her arms around Yongsun. “It wasn’t easy, that’s for sure. I had to convince Yeri like hell… eventually she gave in. But with you my good friend, it’s going to be hard. Unlike you, I didn’t have half the world as my enemy, I just d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter