6. The End

I'm No One's Favorite

Jinsol and Sooyoung felt like in Heaven. The lovely couple would spend their entire time together, sleeping at each other’s place, hugging all day long, doing all kind of couple related activities, but they had decided to keep it a secret for a little moment, waiting for the right time to announce it to their friends. The group wouldn’t hang out that much these days, although summer was striking and the weather was a kill, so the two love birds did not have much problem keeping their relationship to themselves. 

 

They still wanted to wait a little bit more when the club reunited for their weekly meeting. For once, and the members noticed that, Sooyoung wasn’t late. The girl was actually there early with Jinsol, a great change for the always late girl. Another thing they noticed was the big black eye laying on Jungeun’s face when the girl sat next to her girlfriend. Her gaze clearly meant « Do not ask anything, » to which everyone agreed. Yet, as the girl took a sit, Jinsol’s sharp gaze couldn’t ignore the way Sooyoung embarrassingly hid her hurt hand between her crossed thighs. 

The strange gesture needed to be explained, so the blondie waited for the meeting to be over to eventually talk about it and perhaps get some answers. 

« Jungeun’s eye must hurt like hell. The punch must have been really strong. »

Sooyoung froze at the sudden mention of the girl’s black eye, but quickly moved on and shook her head up and down while her gaze was focused on the road, driving safely as always.

« Yeh, I mean, who would enjoy being punched in the face ? » 

« Sure. But I also wonder what it’d do to the one who punched her ? What kind of mark it’d leave on their hand. Must look really bad. »

« I guess… » . She knew. Sooyoung was over. 

After these last words, an awkward and heavy silence filled the vehicle. Jinsol knew Sooyoung was hiding something, Sooyoung knew Jinsol knew, but none of them would clearly say it. Instead, Jinsol simply laid her eyes on her girlfriend, waiting for her to talk. 

« Don’t do that, Jung Jinsol, » the brunette said in her monotonous ton.

« You know I know, » she quickly answered.

« I know, so don’t ask about it. » 

 

Sooyoung seemed to be quite serious about that matter, so Jinsol brushed it off, leaning to her side instead to give her girl a little sweet kiss on the cheek. She must have had great reasons not to talk about it, so she’d wait until she was ready, she thought. 

 

Although Jinsol was able to wait, Jungeun wasn’t. The next meeting between Sooyoung and Jungeun happened at the store, late night snack purchase. Both of them couldn’t avoid it as they’d end up standing right in front of each other, but unlike the previous times, Jungeun eyes reflected kindness and guilt.

« Hey… Could we talk a bit ? » The smaller asked in her tiny voice. 

« Yeh, of course… » 

 

 

« So… I’m really sorry about what I said. I totally deserved that punch actually. I mean, I was a total , I went way too far… Truth be told, I was really upset and.. jealous ? You know Jiwoo, you know how she speaks freely without thinking twice. Earlier that day, she kept comparing me to you, and I have to admit that it simply made me hate you. So when I saw you I couldn’t hold it back… Look, no one thinks that you’re a , and I’m actually happy for your… couple. We’re all waiting for the big announce by the way ! It’s obvious that you two love each other so much, and it’s great seeing both of you being happy, you both deserve it. We’ve been talking a lot about how you both looked way happier together actually, and we’re all very supportive ! » 

Sooyoung wasn’t really expecting such a kind speech, and she couldn’t help herself but feeling sorry each time she’d lay eyes on the mark on her friend’s face. 

« I’m still sorry for your eye.. It must hurt like a btch. » Sooyoung said with guilt.

« Same for your hand tho, it’s still red as hell, » the girl giggled, relieving the heavy pression both of them would feel at that moment. 

Re-bonding with her lost friend felt so good, Sooyoung felt like nothing would hold her back from being the happiest girl on earth now that everything was going back to being perfect. She was dating the girl she loved, she still had her friends by her side, everything sounded perfect. 

 

Later that night, while Jinsol and Sooyoung were having a little nighty date, both of them talked about how they’d tell there friends about them, and the perfect idea was found by Sooyoung. 

 

A few days had passed since Jungeun and Sooyoung’s encounter at the store, and it was eventually the big day. The club forgot about the library for once, and met up at Auntie Seo’s diner, as requested by Sooyoung. The so-lonely girl had invited her friends to her aunt’s place, her sacred place, for what would be an important day in her and her girl’s life. The announcement of their lovely couple being official was greeted with screams of happiness, applauses, and some girls growling at their lost bets. 

Jinsol used to feel alone a few months ago. She used to feel like no one would ever want to be with her, like the entire world wouldn’t care about her. A lone tear appeared at the corner of her eyes as she watched her girlfriend and friends gathered around the table. She had everything she ever wanted.

Sooyoung noticed that her girlfriend grew a bit silent, so she focused her attention on the girl. Her arm wrapped itself around her waist, pulling her closer to her before her lips would gently meet the ones of her lover, sharing with her what felt like the sweetest treat on earth. Jinsol’s hand instinctively cupped her lover’s tender cheek as she got lost into the kiss until Sooyoung would break it smoothly.

« What’s on you mind, babe ? » 

« Nothing much.. I’m just really happy. » The blondie said while her fingers would gently brush the girl’s skin. 

 

Sooyoung looked at her girl with loving eyes. Jinsol was her favorite person, and she’d be forever.

 


 

Hey guys ! The story has come to an end ! I'd like to thank you all for reading it, enjoying it and supporting it ! It felt so good. But I might have a little suprise !

I will be doing a AU version of the fiction on twitter. Here's the link !

Stay tuned ! The AU will obviously contains things that weren't in the written fanfic, so don't miss it ! 

Love y'all ! See you soon ! And long live Yvesoul !