5. [ Part 1 ]

I'm No One's Favorite

Weeks had went by fast, and Jinsol’s birthday was already near the corner. The little drive-in date was planned to happen on the night right before July, 13, and truth be told, the girls couldn’t wait anymore. Of course Jinsol was still hurt by Jungeun’s decline, but the excitement she’d feel towards spending her birthday night with Sooyoung actually was way more important. 

The weather outside was way hotter than it should be although it was already June, so Jinsol opted for a casual white and grey striped shirt which edges slid under her destroyed jeans shorts, white converses on her feet. She knew she’d look just cute like that, and she loved it. On the other side, Sooyoung chose to wear a simple black crop top with some black skirt, perfectly accorded to the top, and a beautiful black jacket over the outfit. 

 

A simple text sent at 8:30 telling Jinsol she’d be there in 5, and the brunette got in her car, turning the engine on as well as the radio which volume might have been a bit too high, but it was always better that way. The girl lived only a few streets away, great thing seeing how often they’d just hang out at each other’s houses. 5 minutes later, as told, Sooyoung was waiting in front of Jinsol’s house in her classic Burgundy Corvette C1 from 1960. 

When Jinsol passed her porch, she was welcomed with another teasing from her friend, who’d wait with her arm laying on the back of the two front seats. 

«  Get in loser, we’re going movie ! » 

With a soft laugh, the blondie got into the convertible car and locked her seatbelt before eventually smiling widely at the other girl. 

«  Thanks again, you’re amazing Soo’. » 

«  You’re welcome, buddy. » 

With a playful wink, Sooyoung let her hand run through her friend’s golden locks before they’d eventually leave the location to go to the Drive-In. Perhaps was it flirting, Jinsol had no idea for she was way too weak when the girl acted that way and couldn’t think straight. 

 

Jinsol felt way happier these past weeks, perhaps did she only need Sooyoung to lighten her days. The girl would always give her the attention she needed, both of them would spend most of their time together now, whether it was at the dance studio or outside, and that new feeling was slowly erasing everything that could have hurt her before. 

 

Around 8:50, the girls eventually arrived at the location. While sooyoung would park the car where she could as the place was already crowded, Jinsol would take care of buying popcorns and drinks with the money Sooyoung had forced her to accept. Turning the engine off, the brunette got herself more confortable in her seat in order to enjoy the movie better, waiting for the blondie to comeback. As she looked at the people around the place, her eyes landed on a car she knew just well as it belonged to one of their friends. She could still see clearly the figures inside of it since the night hadn’t completely fallen on the town, and her eyes turned red as she saw none other than Jungeun and Jiwoo through the windows. 

 

« What the hell… » 

 

Just as Sooyoung whispered, Jinsol’s little head popped up and the girl came back to her seat, hands full of diverse sweets. With her big bubbly smile, Jinsol handed her her drink and looked at Sooyoung before speaking up. 

« What do you want to eat first ? » 

Honestly, she couldn’t care less about what she would eat, the only thing on her mind at that moment were prayers for the younger not to see the couple not far from there own place. Though she was petrified by the possibility of Jinsol finding out that Jungeun had turned down on her birthday only to have a date with Jiwoo, Sooyoung quickly went back to her bold self and seized the chance to tease the girl. 

« You. » 

If Sooyoung wanted Jinsol not to see what was happening a few cars away from theirs, she just had made sure the girl wouldn’t even see the movie. It took a few seconds for her friend to eventually get over her sudden heart attack and hit the girl’s arm with her elbow. 

«  Be serious Soo’ ! » 

« I am ! » 

With the both of them laughing out loud, Sooyoung eventually took the popcorns to release the girl from one thing, and also eat some. As the girl did so, Jinsol looked down at all the things she had bought and let out a frustrated cry as she noticed something was missing.

« I’m so dumb.. I forgot your sweet peanuts… I’m going to get them ! Be right back ! »

Jinsol quickly tried to move and get out of the car to go get what she had forgotten, but was stopped by Sooyoung’s hand, grabbing her own and pulling her back to her seat. 

« The movie’s about to start. It’s ok I don’t need peanuts, we already have tons of things to eat ! Just enjoy the da- movie. » 

As the girl spoke, looking at the girl with her piercing gaze, she’d still hold onto Jinsol’s hand which was enough to stop Jinsol from doing anything, even breathing had become difficult for the girl. In response, the blondie simply nodded with a soft smile of hers, her pinkish cheeks growing bigger as she’d act all shy. How could a human be that cute ? Sooyoung wouldn’t show it, but she was dying inside. 

 

The movie eventually started, and only a few little minutes after the first scene, Sooyoung saw some movement at her right. Discretely, she looked to that side with the corner of her eyes only to see that Jungeun was getting out of her car, kissing her girl right before she’d leave her to go God knew where. It was the occasion she needed to tell the girl to immediately leave the place, so she took it.

« Actually, I really want these peanuts. I’ll be fast, sweetie ! » 

Sooyoung moved fast to leave her own car but stopped halfway, turning to the blondie who’d look at her with puppy eyes. Softly, the girl slid her fingers under her friend’s chin to higher her head and take a better look at that angelic face. 

« Big squishy smile for Soo’ ! » 

She ordered with a huge smile. In half a wink, Jinsol was showing her full smile and perfect teeth as she’d smile like Sooyoung wanted her to. She truly was the cutest and Sooyoung couldn’t be strong in front of that. The girl easily got lost in that damn smile, but remembered she had something to do. So without waiting any minute more, she left the car in a hurry and followed the girl through the parking. It was no surprise that she’d go buy something to eat since she was walking towards the stall, so Sooyoung decided to go straight to that place by zigzagging through the cars, eventually crossing the girl’s path at some point. Nonchalantly, the taller one grabbed the girl’s arm and dragged her in a corner where no one would see them arguing. Out of anger, Sooyoung pushed Jungeun by her shoulders.

 

« What the hell are you doing here when you literally turned down on Jinsol ? » She asked furiously. « Are you out of your mind or are you just the biggest btch on earth ? »

The sudden rush of anger towards Jungeun had her a bit lost for a few seconds, but she understood quickly what was happening here, so she raised her anger at Sooyoung’s level, pushing her in return. 

« And what do you think you’re doing ? Get a fcking life and leave us alone ! » 

« I’m actually fixing what you broke with your damn selfish . You truly said you couldn’t spend her birthday night with her just so you could have a date with someone you see everyday ? How can you even call yourself her friend ? » 

« Oh so you’re here with ‘Sol ? Spying on your ex while trying to bang another girl uh ? Of course you’ll never change. »

The ton of the discussion had went from a total anger to some arrogant and hurtful words, and Jungeun’s look was obviously in perfect adequacy with it. 

« Excuse me ? » Sooyoung was dumbfounded after that one sentence, the discussion was going to go far at this point.

« Oh come on Sooyoung, just because we never tell you that you act like a whre doesn’t mean that we don’t think you are one. And look who’s going after my girls now ? »

« Your girls ? » 

« First my girlfriend, now the one who’s in love with me ? Don’t you have any pride trying to steal them both ? » 

« What the hell is wrong with you, I gave up on Jiwoo long ago so just be happy with your girl, and what the hell again ? You’re pushing Jinsol away knowing she has feelings for you ? What kind of person would do that to a friend ? Jinsol ain’t yours and will never be, heard me ? A btch like you truly doesn’t deserve her. »

« Oh oh, jealous and pathetic Sooyoung ! After all, birds of a feather flock together, right ? Or should I say fck together ? Have fun with your little date, but be sure of one thing : she’d rather have me banging her for one night than having a relationship with you. » 

A wicked smile appeared on Jungeun’s lips as she said the last sentence. Was it out of jealousy or anger ? Might as well be both at the same time for Sooyoung to, out of nowhere, throw her strongest punch into the girl’s face. Jungeun fell over at the sudden attack, leaving her shook on the ground. After that one move, still full of rage, Sooyoung looked down at the girl on the floor while bending so that she would be sure she’d see her.

« Listen, if Jinsol ever sees you here or learns that you were here, her heart won’t be the only thing to be broken. So if I were you, and if I actually cared about my legs, I’d quickly go back to my car and leave the place. Agreed ? »

Sooyoung did not even wait for her answer before leaving her and going back to her own car as if nothing had happened. 

 

Jinsol glanced weirdly at Sooyoung when the girl came back. 

« You didn’t buy your peanuts ? » 

Right, she totally had forgotten about that detail, way too into her little fight. Quickly, she tried to think about an excuse. 

« Oh no, the line was too long, I didn’t want to miss, like, 20 minutes of the movie ! » 

With a reassuring look on her face, Sooyoung smiled at Jinsol to tell her that everything was fine. 

 

Scenes went by, both the girls were fully into the movie when Sooyoung reached for some popcorns with a hurt look on her face. The punch had left her knuckles aching and a bit swollen, and the detail did not escape Jinsol’s sharp eyes. The girl immediately took Sooyoung hand in hers, being cautious not to hurt her even more, and with a worried look she asked. Sooyoung knew she was screwed.

« What happened to your hand ? » 

« Oh that.. You’re going to laugh.. I.. accidentally threw my fist into a sign when I was walking a bit too fast and bam, damages were done..! » 

 

Jinsol would have believed it if it weren’t for the anxious look on Sooyoung’s face, but she brushed it off, if the girl didn’t want to talk about it she might have had honorable reasons not to.