1.

I'm No One's Favorite

Jinsol had been a bit down lately. Let’s say everything wasn’t going according to plans, and the changes she went through for the last few weeks might have been too much for her to handle. It may or may not seem meaningless to people, but to Jinsol, it meant a lot. 

It all started when Jiwoo, Jungeun’s childhood bestfriend, came back to town. She was well aware of the bond that the two of them shared, and she knew the latter would grow a bit distant from her, but she didn’t expect her to almost fully ignore her nowadays. Of course they’d still have a few moments together, but going from being 24/7 with a person to only being noticed by that said person 3 times a day was too much for the blondie. 

Yet, the fact that the person she loved the most was growing distant wasn’t the only thing that was killing her. Through the year, new duos had taken over the group of friends which was born from a little club as new people were added to it, and Jinsol clearly felt like she wasn’t part of any of those duos. Actually, only two pairs had survived to the never ending adding of new members, and they were actually the first ever members of the club itself. 

 

 

About 3 years prior, Heejin and Hyunjin had the idea of creating a small club consisting of girls whom happened to 1st of all : love girls, and 2nd : love to write down things such as poems, songs, anything would do they thought. Alongside Haseul and her little sister whom she couldn’t leave out of the group, the girls started the group’s activities, and as time passed, new members came in. The first official member of the club to be added was Wong Kahei, and ever since that time, it was no secret that her and Haseul would end up together. 

So 3 years later, Heejin and Hyunjin were still inseparable, Yeojin was always in her sister’s shadow, and Haseul and Kahei were living their perfect love story. 

The 6th member to be added to the group was Kim Jungeun, at the same time as the 7th one, Jung Jinsol. The two girls had started taking dance lessons together a few months before and their friendship sure was strong. Jungeun had that protective personality which would make Jinsol feel safe, while the latter had that free-spirited soul which fascinated the younger. The odds would tell the entire world that the two of them were meant for eachother, that their bound was so strong that nothing could break it, especially when the 8th member appeared and became their love child. The perfect little family, they’d tell themselves, and no one would have imagined that all this would have an end someday. 

Then came the 9th member, Ha Sooyoung. There wasn’t much to say about her except that anyone would just die to date her for she was the incarnation of God himself. Initially interested in dancing, the girl happened to be taking the same classes as Haseul and Jinsol, also dancing at the same studio as Jugeun and Jinsol once more, and therefor befriended them, eventually ending up joining the not-so-well-known club. 

 

However, it all went wrong when Kim Jiwoo came back to town. Not only was she going to mess up with Jinsol’s life without being aware of it, but also others’ . 

The comeback of Kim Jiwoo was a whole event for their small town. Jiwoo had always been known as the sun of the community, she’d melt anyone’s heart with just a smile, and her heart was by far the purest on Earth. The girl had left the town with her family back when she was 13, leaving behind her friends, and especially her one bestfriend who happened to be a certain Kim Jungeun. 

The first one to learn about the news was Jungeun, the news she had been waiting for so long, and the time had finally come. Little did she know it was the beginning of a series of  broken hearts and conflicts. 

 

To celebrate the return of the Sun, the girl thought that perhaps it would be a great idea to introduce her to the club of girls and perhaps get her into it. Although Jinsol sensed that something bad was coming, she did not oppose for she knew it was so important to Jungeun. This is how the group of 9 girls found themselves hanging out in a cute restaurant at night, waiting for their new member to join them. 

 

When Jiwoo eventually appeared, it took less than a second for Jungeun to jump from her sit and rush to the girl, giving her what might have been the biggest hug she had ever had. The room might have been filled with laugher and happiness, but there were two people at the back, being not so pleased about the newcomer’s presence. 

On the one hand, Jinsol’s eyes had been reflecting the jealousy she would feel seeing the two of them acting like that, and on the other hand, Sooyoung’s expression was a mix of shock and confusion. 

 

Earlier this year, around July-August, Sooyoung worked in a summer camp in order to earn enough money to fulfill her financial needs. The whole staff team was composed of young adults, and one of the animators happened to be none-other than Kim Jiwoo, the bubbliest girl on earth. One thing leading to another, the two ended-up dating for the next two months, until they both went back to their normal life, leaving their summer romance behind them from a common agreement. Knowing they would probably never see each other again, they’d rather stop it there and keep the wonderful memory of that summer instead of throwing themselves into a complicated long distance relationship. However, if it was all right for Sooyoung since they wouldn’t see each other again, the whole decision began to sound real bad in the girl’s head as the distance wouldn’t be a problem anymore. 

 

The human sun, being too absorbed by the hug and the reunion with her best friend, did not see that her ex was standing 3 meters from her, and it’s only a few minutes later that the girl landed her eyes on her. Her usual shining and careless self didn’t think twice before exclaiming «  Sooyoung ! » while she’d wave energetically at her. She actually seemed to be way more at ease than the older girl, especially when she jumped into her arms the way Jungeun had done it a few minutes prior with her, and the move surely caused a vague of unknown feelings and interrogations between the entirety of the group, but especially Jungeun, Jinsol and Sooyoung. 

 

That exact moment was the start of a whole messy quatuor. Jinsol loved Jungeun, Jungeun loved Jiwoo, Jiwoo didn’t actually care about whoever she liked, she’d just enjoy her bestfriend and ex’s presence, and Sooyoung surely still loved Jiwoo. It was the start of the messy quatuor, but also the start of them drifting appart.

 

 


 

It was supposed to be a one shot, but I figured out there might be things to explore between the different relationships here so I hope you'll like it !