Back to Reality

Chaos

I carefully zipped my luggage before grabbing another pile of clothes. Holidays are over and it's time for me to go back. I wish I can just stay here in our cozy home but as much as I want to, I have my priorities. I stood infront of the mirror while fixing my uniform, looking good yeah. As I was tying my shoelaces, I can hear Jiwoo downstairs talking animatedly with someone through the phone. Why is she so loud that I can hear her voice clearly from up here? She's lucky that I love her because if not, I would've smacked her already. But I'm used to it anyway. 

After preparing everything I need, I quickly went down the stairs to eat breakfast. I was partly shocked to see the variety of foods on the table. We're just gonna eat breakfast but Jiwoo's mom sent a feast. Well, I have to enjoy eating today because things like this are almost rare for me. 

"Hey, Jiwoo. Are you going to eat with me?" 

"Jiwoo!" Who is she talking to for her to ignore me like this? She didn't even spared me a glance. 

"Ah! I have to go now. I'll call again next time, I promise. Yes... Have fun later! Say hi to–" 

"Oh what's this thing? Hey, Jiwoo aren't you done y–" I unintentionally cut her off while she was saying bye to the person she's talking to. I muttered a sorry before going back to what I was doing a while ago. 

"Good morning to you too, Jungeun." Jiwoo said while pulling a seat beside me. 

"What's good in the morning if I go back today." I mumbled while reaching for my mug across the table. 

"I'm going to miss you, Jungie." She sighed while lowering her head. 

"Don't talk like I'm not coming back next year. We always spend the Holidays together, Jiwoo. I'm going to miss you too okay? You can always have Sooyoung's company when–" We were both startled when someone barged in while we were having a moment. 

"I heard y'all are talking about me." Oh, she's here again. I know this girl basically lives here in our house when I'm not around. She only goes back to her own house when I come home. 

"Oh, hey Jungeun. You're leaving today?" She said while pulling a seat across from Jiwoo. 

"Yeah, I am.... hey, I know you're going to move here again later when I leave." I smirked at Sooyoung who's currently fixing her seat. 

"Isn't that too fast? And why do you know that I'm gonna do that later?" 

"We have to prepare with the new recruits from Japan and we're also heading to Mokpo tomorrow at dawn, that's why. For your second question, I know because I saw almost all of your stuff inside the guest room. Just a reminder, this isn't a room for rent ma'am." Sooyoung nearly choked on her food while Jiwoo was giving her some water to drink. I can't believe these two.

"I'm just kidding though. You two can do everything here, but my room is off limits. I'm glad that Jiwoo is in good hands." I smiled warmly at the girl across me. 

"She will be well taken care of because I'm Ha Sooyoung." I immediately looked at her in disbelief when she put an emphasis on the the word 'care'. 

————————————————————————

We continued eating while enjoying our last moments for this year together. I'm not the type to say things like this but I'm gonna miss Jiwoo and Sooyoung so much. Atleast there's still next year, I'm very much looking forward to it. 

"Who were you talking to on the phone a while ago?" I asked Jiwoo who's currently munching on her food right now. 

"Oh, it's an old friend's sister. We bumped at each other last night when I was heading home." I just simply nodded at her answer while checking the time.

After eating breakfast, the two dropped me off at the headquarters. It took a while because Jiwoo got emotional again, but I assured her that there's nothing to worry about and that I'll come back alive like I always do. 

I'm very eager to see the new kids and the recruits from Japan. I hope that they thought carefully in joining the military because this is a series of life and death