Me Too

Chaos

It's been a long day at work. It's past 10 pm and almost all of the lights around the building are off. Only a few can be seen outside the hallways walking and returning to their rooms. Jinsoul sighs as she removed her lab coat and placed it carefully at the back of her chair. She blankly stares at the research papers on her desk, she hasn't checked all of them yet. Jinsoul immediately stands up from her seat when she checked the time, her shift is already over. Grabbing her things, she rushes outside, only to stop by at another doctor's office. 

She hurriedly went inside the room without knocking which caused the other person inside the room to flinch. 

"Hey shorty, are you coming home with me?" Jinsoul asked, while leaning her hands on the desk. 

"No, Dr. Miyawaki asked me to work on both shifts since the number of patients are increasing." 

"The number of patients admitted here are a lot more than last month's. It's that season again..." Jinsoul nods while getting a lollipop inside the jar full of candies. 

"So, you'll basically camp here in your office again... I'm going now, call me if you need anything. Don't stress yourself too much and always eat on time!" The girl sitting on her chair just sighed heavily while typing something on her laptop. 

Before Jinsoul can walk out the door, she calls her which made the latter turn around. 

"Don't let Yeojin and Chaewon play their switch, their PS4... don't let them play anything unless they've done their homeworks and don't let them stay up late! Also, don't cook anything unless you don't wanna set the kitchen on fire again, just order something." Jinsoul looked at the other girl with disbelief as she said all of that in one breath. 

"Damn, alright Haseul. Have a good night!"  The blonde frowned when she left the building. They were about to play super smash bros tonight, maybe they can play some other time or maybe they can break Haseul's rule just for once. 

—————————————————————————

"Quick! Hide it under the pillows!" 

"She will still see it if you hide it under there, ! Put it in your room instead, under the bed. Right now!" 

"Where's the other controller? This is only one!" 

"Use your eyes to look for it, not your mouth." 

Two girls were frantically running around while looking for the said controller inside their gaming room. The two of them were playing an intense game and just when they're about to win, they heard  a car honk, signaling that their sisters are home already. They both panicked which caused the other one to throw the controller somewhere.

"I'm sure I saw you throw the controller, Chaewon." The smaller one said while pointing at the blonde girl infront of her.

"Why are you assuming things? I didn't throw it away, a ghost took it and yeeted it somewhere." The blonde was quick to defend herself from the accusation of her younger sister. 

As they were getting into a petty argument, they heard their names being called from downstairs. The two wasted no time in fixing the mess they created inside the gaming room, they left no trail of what they just did earlier before quietly locking the room. They immediately went inside Yeojin's room and hurriedly took out their books, pretending to study quietly. 

The two immediately looked up when they heard the door open, revealing a smiling but exhausted Jinsoul. 

"What's up? There's food downstairs, I bought it on my way home." The older girl said as she motioned the two to get out of their room. 

"You bought fastfood? Why? Where's Haseul unnie?" 

"Haseul's not gonna come home for a week or two. There's a lot of patients, it's that season again." Yeojin gave a small nod before frowning at her sister's answer. 

The tree of them gathered around the table, talking about how their days went. Jinsoul stared confusingly at Chaewon and Yeojin who looked like they haven't ate for days. She then remembered that it was almost midnight when she got home, the two must've been hungry for hours. 

"Haseul said that the both of you can't play anything unless you do your homeworks." The two young girls immediately looked at each other, knowing the fact that they already played a while ago before Jinsoul got home. 

"Ah, we're still not yet done with our homeworks though...." Chaewon said while kicking Yeojin's legs under the table. 

"Oh? I can help you later if you want then we could play smash bros after." Yeojin and Jinsoul both shared an excited look but as Yeojin could agree, she felt Chaewon kick her again under the table while giving her the look. 

"N-no, it's fine unnie, it's not that hard though. You should probably get some rest instead." 

"Yeah, Yeojin's right. We can play some other time right?" Jinsoul nodded at Chaewon's question. The two were right, she should get some rest since she's feeling really tired from all the work at the hospital. 

After they were done eating, Chaewon offered to throw the trash outside but Jinsoul still insisted to go with her for safety precautions. Meanwhile, Yeojin went straight to her room to answer the remaining questions on her paper. After a few minutes, Chaewon went in to get her stuffs as she moved to her own room. 

There was this one math related question that Yeojin kept on trying to answer. She felt like her mind is gonna blow off any minute from stressing to solve the answer. Giving up, Yeojin slammed her pen on the table while standing up from her seat. As soon as her head made contact with the fluffy pillow, the youngest immediately fell into a deep slumber.

On the other side of the wall, Chaewon was widely awake, doing nothing but staring at the ceiling of her room. Thousands of thoughts are running on her mind, thousands of questions and what ifs. She was not sure of what she wanted to do for the rest of her life, she's about to start college soon and she hasn't planned anything yet. Sure, she's got all the fame and money from being a rapper but she's not sure if she should continue doing it. Her little sister, Yeojin who's two years behind her in school knows what she wants already. She had plans while Chaewon continued to go with the flow. 

Her train of thoughts vanished when she heard a soft knock from her balcony door. Chaewon immediately stood up from laying down, she isn't expecting anyone tonight. She carefully peeked through the curtains to see who it was. Chaewon was quick to unlock the door when she saw that it was her. The dark haired girl went inside the room while dragging her bag with her, leaving the blonde to lock the balcony door again. 

"Hey." 

"Hey." 

Both of their gaze were glued to the floor. The two of them just stayed like that for five minutes, not even moving an inch, making them look like statues. 

The dark haired girl stood up to place the chair she was sitting on, in front of Chaewon. She opened but she was unsure of what to say to the girl in front of her. She bit her lip when she saw that Chaewon's hands were shaking. Without hesitation, she held it carefully, drawing circles around it. 

"Chaewon." 

"Hyejoo." 

The courage that she had before going here was simply gone when her name escaped from the blonde's mouth. 

"Why are you carrying all these stuff?" 

Chaewon's question was left unanswered for a minute. Before Hyejoo can say something, Chaewon beat her to it. 

"You're going aren't you?" Hyejoo's breath hitched when another question was thrown at her. Her grip tightened on the other girl's hands as she was finding the right words to say. 

"Chae, I–I'm sorry." And just like that, tears started to roll on both of their cheeks. Hyejoo held Chaewon's chin up so that she would look at her. 

"I'll be back, I promise. I can take care of myself, Chae." Hyejoo assured her but she just shaked her head. 

"Who told you to go? Did your dad forced you to? Don't you know how dangerous is that gonna be?" 

"I know how dangerous it is. No one told me to go and dad didn't forced me. It was my own decision, Chae." 

"Just promise me that you'll be back, okay?" 

"Of course." When it's time for Hyejoo to leave, Chaewon held her hand tighter, not wanting to let go. 

The dark haired girl was about to climb down the balcony when Chaewon suddenly called her. 

"Hyejoo." That was the only thing that the blonde said but it seems like the latter understood what it meant. 

"Me too, Chae. Me too." Hyejoo softly smiled. Chaewon smiled too, but a sad one. 

 

 

 

a/n: we're getting there soon.