you’re the hyung

Lockscreen | Yuwin NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winwin walked downstairs to the breakfast table, hair still slightly damp from the shower. He was humming a tune merrily despite having woken up early. It felt that it was going to be a good day. His room that he shared with Yuta and Taeil had been surprisingly quiet and empty. He wondered where they were. Probably working out somewhere. He shook his head, smiling. They had great will power to do this early in the morning.

It was too early for breakfast to be ready so he would have to do with cornflakes, he guessed. Maybe call Kun for a sandwich. He was in the mood for a sandwich. A nice double decker sandwich with a tall glass of litchi juice.

"Oh, Winwin, good morning."

"Winwin, did you have a good sleep?"

Winwin stopped short.

Standing dangerously close to each other but still somehow managing to ignore each other's presence stood Yuta and Taeil. Both of them had dazzling, expectant smiles.

"Uh, good morning? Why are you-"

"I prepared some breakfast for you."

"I prepared some breakfast for you."

They looked at each other with slightly strained smiles. Winwin saw that both of them had laid out sandwiches and glasses of juice for him. He wanted to feel grateful but instead he could already feel a headache climbing to his temples. He had an idea of what was coming next already.

Yuta raised an eyebrow. "Oh, you did too? It's alright. Winwin can have yours then."

Taeil frowned. "No, no, it's fine. Winwin-ah can have yours."

"Taeil hyung, I really don't mind."

"But I mind if your hard work goes to waste."

Yuta swept his hair back, jaw set tight. "It's a big day for Winwin."

Taeil nodded. "I agree. We shouldn't argue over such a trivial thing. Not that we're arguing." He cast a quick look at Winwin.

"Exactly my thoughts. So, you'll agree if we just spare Winwin the ordeal of this. He can have yours."

Winwin sighed and opened his mouth but they were already arguing. He watched as they stood next to each other, getting redder by the minute, being extremely polite in their arguments but still very much arguing.

"I told you I'm making breakfast for him."

"But I was in the kitchen first."

"I woke up first."

"That litchi juice is going to give him a sore throat anyway."

"Your double decker sandwich is going to cause him indigestion."

That was it. He had to intervene before they woke up everyone in the dorm. "Oh my god, can you two stop?"

Yuta and Taeil stopped immediately, both of them blinking, suddenly aware of the situation.

"Can we just not argue like this all the time?" Winwin said. "I keep telling you guys that I don't want this-this idiocy. It's really not funny. I wish you both would just let this charade die already." He couldn't understand why he was getting worked up. But he was. He felt like shouting but was grateful that his voice was low. "You're taking this whole ship joke far too long. So just don't."

Yuta looked like he had been slapped. He drew in a quick breath. "I'm sorry, Winwin-ah." He swallowed and walked out of the room. They could hear his footsteps on the staircase as he walked up to their room.

"Winwin," Taeil said, walking towards him. "We didn't-we don't...seriously, it's not like you think." He placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I know, okay? It's not like anyone thinks and that irritates me even more." There was a harshness in his tone that shocked Taeil who drew back quickly.

"I remembered I had to get some groceries," he said suddenly. "Good luck for today. See you later."

Winwin stared after him long after he had left the house, the door closing slowly behind his retreating form.

"Might as well eat the breakfast," came a voice from the living room.

He nearly jumped out of his skin. “D-Doyoung? You scared me.”

Doyoung put down his phone and got up from the couch. He looked at the spread on the table and nodded appreciatively. “There’s enough for two. Let’s have breakfast. We can talk while we eat.”

Winwin gave him a look. “Uh, we’re not talking because there’s nothing to talk about.” He wanted to ask how he had been there, what all he had heard and what did he make of it but he just couldn’t. Glancing at Doyoung’s calm but determined face he had no choice but to sit down and pick up a sandwich.

Doyoung watched Winwin reposition the sandwiches and juice so that he had a combination of double decker sandwiches and litchi juice. “I didn’t know Taeil hyung and Yuta hyung would actually get up and cook for you. I’m even more surprised this is edible.”

“Both of them are good cooks. They just never want to cook,” Winwin said, gulping down the food. “Why are you up so early? Were you planning on making breakfast for me too?”

Doyoung snorted. He pointed to a paper bag on the counter. “I thought you could deliver something for me since you are going to meet the WayV members today.”

“Oh what is it? Is this a celebratory gift because the last WayV teaser is releasing today? This is so sweet. Thank you,” Winwin said, grinning.

“It’s not for you. It’s for Ku—” Doyoung paused as the doorbell rang.

They stared at each other.

“You go open it,” Doyoung said quickly.

“I’m eating.”

Doyoung hurriedly popped some food into his mouth. “I’m eating too. Besides it’s probably your delivery.”

“You’re the hyung.”

“That’s why you should listen to me.”

Winwin pouted. “It’s a big day for me. Open the door as a gift.”

“I’ll give you an actual gift later.”

The bell rang again.

“Everyone is going to wake up but I suppose it’s just Kun ge come to get me. He can wait outside while I eat, I guess,” Winwin said, very innocently.

Doyoung was already on the way to open the front door. “Kun, hi.”

“Hey, Doyoung. You’re up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter