was it my aegyo?

Lockscreen | Yuwin NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winwin stole a glance at his roommates.Their room was eerily quiet. He had been trying to ignore the silence, playing his game trying to upgrade his league in Superstar SM but he had been failing miserably.

Truth was he had had a wonderful day. Everything was now ready for WayV’s debut. The group had moderated everything to the minutest of details and he was buzzing with the anticipation and excitement he felt for the music’s release. So much so that the fight in the morning had totally slipped from his mind but it hung over him now, like a heavy, wet blanket. In the forty minutes he had spent in this room, he was overcome by something akin to uneasiness even though he very well knew that all he could be blamed for was being short of patience.

Taeil was working out in his corner, doing a plank but with questionable posture, trying to appear as inconspicuous as possible in his wait for one of his roommates to say something. Right now even a Dad joke from him was preferable for Winwin than this uncomfortable silence.

Yuta had earphones in and was lying on his bed with eyes closed. He had been that way ever since Winwin had caught him staring at him, chewing his lip in deep thought. He had quickly averted his gaze and then proceeded to sleep but with the way he was fidgeting, Winwin knew he was awake.

He sighed. He really didn’t know what to do. Usually they just slipped back into normalcy after their arguments but today felt colder and maybe there was a time when Winwin would have appreciated the quiet but it felt suffocating today.

He got up and cleared his throat.

“So, uh…”

Taeil fell mid-plank.

Yuta’s eyes opened so quick that it was impossible he had been listening to music.

Winwin coughed. “About…you know…”

Yuta sat up slowly. “Winwin-ah.”

He looked at him quickly, searching his face earnestly to understand what he was thinking but Yuta seemed to be doing the exact same and it was in surprising moments like these that Winwin caught a glimpse of a vulnerability in Yuta’s eyes.

Yuta nodded to himself as if understanding something slowly. A small smile spread over his face. “We aren’t waiting for you to apologize. We thought you might be upset so we didn’t know what to do but wait until we could apologize.”

Winwin turned red. He realized that maybe him getting rooted to his bed silently playing his game had been as uncomfortable to them as their attempts to give him space had been.

“So, you don’t need to apologize. If anything, we—”

Winwin rubbed the back of his head. “I wasn’t going to apologize. I had forgotten about the morning totally. You guys…pfft.”

Taeil giggled knowingly. “Yeah, right. Yuta, you shouldn’t have stopped him. He was finally going to start the conversation on his own.” He jumped onto Winwin’s bed. “Go on. Say whatever you were trying to say. Hyung will forgive you.”

Winwin rolled his eyes and pushed him playfully. “If you’re apologizing then fine I forgive you.”

Taeil threw him a finger-heart. “Was it my aegyo?”

“No, it was your fourth fail at planking.”

“So, you were looking at me. Winwinnie, have you seen my muscles?”

“I have spared myself th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter