Promise?

The Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - feels weird to update this one after such a long time HAHAHAHAHA anyways, i also changed the cover skssk i know i think i said before that there's only one chapter left for this one but i think i might add more chapters in order for the otehr ships to fit in hahaha 

Seulgi walked Irene in front of her front door. “This is me,” the older woman told her. Seulgi nodded, “Right,” she her lips, “I had fun tonight. It was nice getting to know you,” she shyly grinned at the woman who chuckled. “Same thing, thank you for walking me home, you really don’t have to, you know,” Irene playfully smacked Seulgi’s shoulder who took a step back. “It’s okay. I like hanging out with you,”

The statement made Irene blush. Seulgi croaked in embarrassment, “I mean, ugh,” she groaned, trying to look anywhere except Irene’s curious eyes. “You know what I mean,” her voice quavered. The raven haired beauty smirked, “I know,”

They stood motionless for a moment, just staring at each other before Irene cleared trying to ease the tension. “Take care, Seulgi.”

Seulgi blinked a couple of times when she realized that they’ve been staring at each other. “Yeah, see you soon.”

Seulgi managed to score a dinner date with Irene when she told her that she’s hungry and casually asked if she wanted to eat in which Irene easily responded with a “Sure, where do you want to eat?”

She found out that Irene is 3 years older than her. Irene and Wendy used to be roommates and she was the one who introduced Joy to Wendy. (Since Irene is Wendy’s upperclassman, she graduated first. Joy was the one who replaced her in their shared apartment) She’s friends with Jennie when they met through mutual friends. She’s currently working as a broadcaster in a news radio station. But one thing that Seulgi wasn’t able to ask her is her relationship status.

She grumbled in regret as she ducked inside her car. She was about to turn her engine on when she found Irene’s red scarf on the passenger seat. She smirked in victory, yes! Another reason to meet her!

Seulgi stumbled when she ducked out of the elevator, nervously walked inside Irene’s apartment complex. She closed her eyes. She has a reason to come back since Irene left her scarf in her car and she couldn’t call her because she wasn’t able to ask for her contact information. Yes, that’s it. She thought, slowly and carefully pressing the doorbell.

In less than a minute, someone opened the door and it wasn’t Irene.

Seulgi’s eyes widened at the person in front of her. She couldn’t tell if it was a man or a woman since their hair is short, was wearing a loose white shirt and black boy shorts. The person looked handsome but she still has that feminine charm around them. And Seulgi literally felt her heart sink at the very thought that this person could be Irene’s girlfriend or boyfriend.

“Hey,” the person said—okay, this person is definitely a woman judging from their voice. “Hi, Is Irene here? She left her scarf in my car,” she tried so hard not to be weird but she thought her voice gave the disappointment away.

The woman blinked at her, she was slightly taller than Seulgi who remained standing outside. She glanced at the scarf and bobbed her head, “She’s currently in the wash room. Do you want to come in and have some tea?”

“Ah, it’s okay.” She waved her hand at the woman as she gave her the scarf.

“You’re Kang Seulgi, right?” the woman asked her. Seulgi’s eyebrows Rosé . “Yes, I’m sorry but have we met?”

The woman laughed, “Do you want to come inside first?”

Seulgi nervously walked inside and gawked at how huge their apartment is. There was a flight of stairs leading to another floor, two L shaped couches on the side with a love couch in the middle. Flat screen TV, game consoles, the walls were painted white with a tinge of grey, a small mini-bar, marbled kitchen—everything screamed expensive. The woman ushered her to sit on a high stool near the kitchen bar.

“Coffee or tea?” she casually asked Seulgi who answered, “Coffee, please.”

When her coffee was served, the woman sat across her and smiled. “You don’t remember me, do you?”

“Not really. I’m not used to remembering people, sorry,” she apologized at the woman who chuckled. “I’m Amber Liu; does it ring the bell now?”

AHA! Seulgi’s eyes widened. The Amber Liu! The school’s high school social butterfly who dated her long time crush, Krystal Jung!

“Holy ,” Seulgi breathed, taking in the form of the handsome tomboy in front of her. “That really is you!” she gasped in amazement at how much Amber had changed. She used to be this scrappy looking girl who could easily make a girl fall for her with a snap of her fingers. She still looked like she could still do it but she has this air of maturity and classiness around her—completely different from the Casanova image and personality that she used to have when they were in high school.

“When did you come back here? You went overseases after high school, right?” she managed to ask her friend. Seulgi remembered Amber as her senior in dance club. She was always nice to her and her clubmates making her popular among her peers.

“Yep, moved to L.A. Got back 2 years ago. I followed Krystal all the way here after she graduated college,” she grinned, “You’ve completely moved on about it, right?”

Seulgi playfully pushed her. Of course she did. She used to have a crush on Krystal and Amber knows about it. Being a good friend, Amber decided to play bridge for them. She started teasing Krystal and told her things about Seulgi that would make Krystal’s heart flutter but instead of doing what she was intended to do, Krystal fell for Amber instead. It was as if the world was playing a sick joke on Seulgi that time.

“Wait,” Seulgi tilted her head, “If you’re still with Krystal, why are you here?”

Amber chuckled, “Joohyun is my roommate. Krystal’s with her sister right now.”

“Ah,” Seulgi face palmed, “I thought you were dating Irene for a moment there,” she sighed in relief. She might still have a chance on her then. “Is she currently single?” Seulgi leaned in to whisper to her friend who smirked, “Yes,”

Seulgi beamed in victory. “Do you think that I stand a chance?”

Amber took a deep breath before speaking, “To be honest, she’s never been in a real relationship before. She only went out with people to prove to her friends and family that she can be an intimate person but that’s just it. I can’t exactly pinpoint her type since she goes out with different people. But--,” Amber paused to smile, “If you’re really eager then why not?” she stands up. Seulgi was about to ask her what she’s talking about when Irene descended the stairs.

“Amber, did you use my shampoo again? Because I swear to--,” she was cut off when she saw Seulgi on the kitchen talking to Amber.

“I didn’t,” Amber spoke, “And—you have a visitor,” she walked towards her and whispered. “I think she likes you.”

Irene scoffed and was about to slap Amber’s shoulder but the tomboy was quick to run upstairs.

“Hey,” Seulgi nervously stood, “You left your scarf in my car and was about to text you but I don’t have your number so I just went here, sorry for barging in like this,” she handed her the scarf and Irene received it, smiling at her. “Thank you,”

“And I didn’t know that Amber’s back. She’s a friend of mine back in high school,” she told her, Irene ushered her to sit on the couch which Seulgi obliged happily. “I wouldn’t be surprised,” Irene leaned on the couch, “Amber knows everyone.”

“I know right?!”

It was almost midnight and Seulgi was dead tired. She wanted to go home but Jisoo and Chaeyoung seems to have other plans and that other plan involves making Seulgi help Lisa to sober up.

LIsa drank her whiskey a little bit faster, asking for another refill. Seulgi looked at her friend with worry while Jisoo raised an eyebrow at her.

“So, what does this mean, you still love her?” she inquired. Lisa sighed. “I still do.”

Seulgi scratched her ear.

“You sure, dude? Because from what I see here you only feel like that because she’s not like the other girls you dated and you clearly want her to be like them,” Rosé always spoke the truth despite her tendency to be awkward and aloof.

Seulgi cleared . “Uh, what do you mean?” she turned to Rosé who sighed. “Lisa’s girlfriends were obsessed with her. Jennie on the other hand is the complete opposite. She’s strong, independent, and intelligent,”

“Hey!” Lisa sputtered, “I don’t date women who I can easily manipulate,”

The blonde haired woman raised an eyebrow. “You don’t now?” she smirked. Lisa just scowled at her. “Whatever, I don’t care about Jennie now,” she downed her drink again before standing up to approach a girl on the bar.

“Ugh,” Jisoo groaned, “I don’t really know where to start with her, Can she just settle?”

Seulgi laughed. “If only that’s easy, sis,” she drank her beer when she saw an auburn haired woman enter the pub. The place was in the center of the red light district so it’s pretty unusual to see a well-dressed woman like her to be at this dingy pub.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter