Faithful Meeting (Again?!)

The Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Wedding Singer

Chapter 2

Wendy Shon settled her eyeglasses on the table, slightly irritated at how her eyes would easily feel sore these days. Her wedding planner on the other hand was busy finalizing the wedding invitations and programme for the wedding. They were currently outside Wendy and Joy’s garden, seated on a rectangular 4 seaters table.

“I can’t believe I’m getting married,” she said out of nowhere. Irene glanced at her friend before continuing her work, “I’ve always known that Joy would be the one that you’re gonna end up with.”

“How so?” Wendy tilted her head slightly, playing with the temple tips of her eyeglasses. “Well, she may be immature but she’s very persistent and I think that what makes her admirable for you? You two were an odd match to begin with; lots of people didn’t think that the both of you would actually last this long, let alone get married,” she leaned on her chair, “so, I’m happy for you.” She smiled gently at her friend who smiled back.

“Do you have plans on getting married, Hyun?” Wendy asked her softly, her friend did date but it was always for show. Her relationships never last long. (Irene made sure to end all of her relationship every 3rd month) She doesn’t know why her friend was never interested in love but she knew that she just needs someone to break those thick walls deep inside her.

“You know, yesterday,” Irene started, unsure if she were to tell Wannie or not. She landed her eyes on Wendy who raised an eyebrow; her friend was clearly evading the question. “I met someone interesting at the park. I decided to walk home since it was a nice day outside,” she winked at her friend who remained unfazed.

“There’s this small child that approached me, she took my hand and tied a red string on my pinkie,” she laughed, “I was shocked. When I decided to trace where the other end of the string was, it was tied to another woman who was chasing the kid.”

Wendy’s eyebrows were now raised, gasping a little as if she was listening to the juiciest tea.  “And then what happened?”

“The kid then shouted, Look, I found your soulmate!” imitating the child’s voice. “I didn’t know what to do but just blink. She approached me while the kid ran away. She apologized and we talked for a while,” she shook her head, It kind of feels silly to tell her friend this but she doesn’t want to answer her question. She knows that her friend is easily distracted. She’s actually not planning to tell her this story but it was a good side track to keep her friend from meddling with her life.

“And then what happened next? Did you get her number? Did you get her name?” Wendy pounded both of her hands on the table. Both eyebrows were now furrowed in curiosity.

“It’s not actually what happened next, she apologized and I told her it’s okay when another kid bumped into me, I almost fell since I lost my balance at the sudden action. I thought I was gonna fall but she caught me, I swear, Wannie, it was like a bad rom-com yesterday,” she sighed dismissively, Wendy, on the other hand was grinning ear to ear.

“I was so embarrassed that I couldn’t think well.” She heaved a breath, “I didn’t get her name and number though, but she’s really pretty, you know.”

The Canadian-Korean clasped her hands in delight, “You think she’d go out with you?”

“I don’t really know? Also, I think she’s gay. That’s why I kind of regret not asking her out but oh well, happens,” she shrugged as she decided to continue with her work.

“How can you tell that she’s gay though? You know that it’s bad to assume, right?”

Irene ran a hand to her hair, “She’s wearing dirty denim jeans and sneakers, and to top it all off, plaid shirt. Can’t get any gayer than that,” she pressed, glancing at her friend who was shaking her head.

“But--,” Wendy was cut off when Joy ducked out of the house, tolling with her was their wedding singer.

“Hey,” Seulgi stopped on her tracks when she saw the pretty woman from yesterday, “Oh, me,” she glared at Joy who immediately ran towards her fiancée. She swears to god that she’d kill her someday.

Wendy raised an eyebrow. The raven haired beauty seemed to remember her voice because she immediately glanced up to where Seulgi was standing.

“If it isn’t my soulmate,” Irene remarked, smiling at her. Seulgi immediately blushed, croaking in embarrassment. “Hey there,” she could only laugh nervously.

Wendy bit her lip while grinning who’s clearly enjoying the scenario unfold in front of her. “So she’s the one that you were just talking about?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter