The Faithful Meeting

The Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Wedding Singer

Wendy smiled at her friend who just ducked inside the small coffee shop where they decided to meet. She was still beautiful as ever, as she didnt age. And to think that Irene graduated college 6 years ago.

“Wendy!’ Irene who was wearing a grey coat, underneath was a black halter shirt tucked in black slacks and black pointed heels, the people inside the café started looking at them because of the beauty that just came in. Wendy too is an eye-catcher but with Irene, she felt like a mere fly caught in a trap with Irene’s beauty. “Irene! How have you been?” she asked the older woman who hugged her before proceeding to sit in front of her.

The raven haired beauty frowned, “I’ll have no work for the following months. The company can’t assign me to another branch since they’re full already. So as of now, I’m currently on a paid leave.” Wendy blinked. How can someone who has a job be unhappy when she’s given a few weeks pass on leave? And it’s paid! Irene excused herself to order and Wendy just waved her off, eyes never leaving her friend who confidently walked towards the counter.

But it’s Irene. The workaholic of their group, The Irene Bae who’d be restless when she's not doing something. Wendy can still remember waking up at 5 in the morning because Irene is either cooking for them or doing the chores (vacuuming was the one she hated the most because she’d do it on a school day and so early in the morning)

Irene came back with her order in hand, “So, any snippets for the wedding?” Irene asked her as she plopped down on the seat that she occupied earlier.

“Well,” Wendy drawled, smiling haphazardly at her friend. Irene blinked slowly, trying so hard not to furrow her eyebrows at her friend. She knows that particular smile. Wendy has done something that might irk or she’s planning something devious.  “What is it?” she slowly asked her friend, gently tapping the rim of her teacup.

The short haired woman her lips before speaking, trying to act cute at her friend whose suspicions were already raised at the highest bar.

“Me and Joy want you to be our wedding planner,” Wendy finally said it as if it was nothing. But Irene’s mind made a short circuit. “I’m a broadcaster, not a wedding planner. Also, why me?” she asked her friend, pointing her at herself.

Wendy shrugged, “You always aim for perfection and you know me and my Sooyoungie too much. We think that you’re the only one who can make this wedding perfect,” she answered her friend like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

Irene rested her back on her seat, Wendy has a point though, and considering that her work is also at halt—it’s not that bad of an idea. She is indeed a control freak and hates it when everything gets in the way. She’d known Joy since they were in middle school and she met Wendy when they were in college. She was indeed the epitome of perfection no one wanted to compete. With one resigned sigh she said, “Fine. But I need to know the specifics of this whole wedding planning thing, alright?”

The short auburn haired woman beamed at her friend in victory.

Irene sprawled out all her ideas in terms of her perfect planned wedding for her friends. Joy whistled at the amount of papers while Wendy calmly skimmed and scanned each paper in hand.

“Bae Joohyun, these are great!” Joy’s eyes bulged open, examining the pictures of interior ideas Irene looked up online. Irene shrugged proudly, “Duh, and oh, about the wedding dresses—Do you guys think if Jessica-unnie would be willing to do it?”

Wendy blinked, “Yes, she’s actually the one that I have in mind for that but Joy here is unsure how Taeyeon-unnie would react,” Taeyeon is Wendy, Joy, and Irene’s close friend, she was literally like the older sister they never had who used to date Jessica Jung. Irene sighed, “I knew this would happen. So, what now?”

The Canadian-Korean sipped her tea slowly, “We’ll push through with Sica-unnie. I think Taeyeon-unnie is mature enough to understand the whole situation. Also, Sica-unnie is perfect for the wedding dress; her latest collection did earn her a place in New York Fashion Week,”

Joy beamed, “We hit it her up just last night, she said yes almost immediately,” she gave the oldest woman a thumbs up, “One rad gal, I tell ya,”

Irene bobbed her head. “That’s good to know. And about the food-- I wanted to ask Henry-oppa if that’s alright with you guys?”

Joy’s eyes widened, “Of course! I didn’t know that he’s here,” Wendy nodded, agreeing with her fiancée. Henry is Wendy’s cousin who attended the same college as them. He had to go back in Canada to earn his master’s degree.

“I told him about it and he said he’s willing to visit just for your wedding,” she shrugged nonchalantly. Wendy grinned, “Sooyoung and I’s decision were perfect when we chose you to be our wedding planner. You always know who t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter