Blast From The Past

The Wedding Singer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Wedding Singer

Chapter 3

 

Taeyeon frowned when her child of 5 years was nowhere to be seen. “Where the hell is Taeyong?” she asked over the phone. She was calling her wife in case she knows where he is. “He’s with me, Yeobo-ah. We’ll be meeting with your dad for his take-your-grandchild-to-work day,” there was a hint of boredom in Tiffany’s voice. Taeyeon sighed. “Ugh, sorry for dragging you into this, Fany-ah,”

“Nah, it’s cool. Do you have any plans for today?” she asked her. Taeyeon nodded, as if her wife can see her at the moment. “Yup, I’m meeting with a friend from high school. She’s also a mutual friend of Wendy and Joy,”

“Alright, I’ll see you later. I love you.”

"I love you, too!" The call ended and Kim Taeyeon sighed again.

She’s meeting her ex and her wife of 10 years doesn’t even know it.

“Hey,” Taeyeon coolly greeted her ex-girlfriend. She still loves to wear a lot of white. Jessica Jung (donning a white button up tucked in a fitting jeans and black loafer shoes with heels) her auburn slick hair was perfectly combed, leaving some wavy strands on the sides.

Jessica eyed her slowly, taking in the form of her ex who she hasn’t seen for a decade. Kim Taeyeon was the usual scrappy girl she met in middle school (black and white plaid shirt underneath is a white tee, denim jeans, and black sneakers) she still sports that long straight of hers that made her look tall when in reality, she isn’t. She still looked awfully nice and much more presentable than the last time that she saw her, in which she doesn’t want to remember.

“It’s been so long,” Jessica called a waiter to pour them some wine. Taeyeon awkwardully nodded her head. They were in a 5-star restaurant just outside of town, seated at the farthest booth, away from the eyes of the people. Taeyeon hated this kind of mockery.

“Yes,” she eyed the wine as it slowly poured from the bottle, “How have you been?” Taeyeon kindly asked her ex who shrugged. “Things are going well for me.,” The Korean-American answered, Taeyeon looked at her.

“And I’m happy for you. Sorry if I wasn’t able to go to your wedding. Things had been hectic back at New York. But I hope you liked my gift!” she beamed at her, completely showing her complete set of teeth. Taeyeon beamed back, “Of course. Tiffany uses it until now.” she remembered the gift from her. It was a limited edition cookware from Jose Mallari, a Spanish cook who is known for his exotic cuisine. Tiffany was a huge fan of him.

They ordered their respective food and started talking little, asking how they were and what they were doing now. Where Tiffany was and how old their child is now. Jessica promised to see Taeyong and teach him how to cook sometime. Taeyeon smiled nervously, remembering how awful Jessica was at cooking. She decided not to say anything but to nod her head.

“So, Taeyeon,” Jessica called Taeyeon’s attention who was busy slicing her steak,”What is it?” the raven haired woman asked, raising both of her eyebrows.

Jessica’s reason of coming back to South Korea from New York wasn’t only because of Joy and Wendy’s wedding. It was also for the reason that she wanted to let go of something that still binds her with her ex-lover. Something that they both hold dear until now.

“The villa that we bought in Königssee, what should we do about it?” she casually asked Taeyeon. The raven haired woman blinked. “I—I don’t know. I thought that you were staying there?”

It was a property they bought together for their high school graduation. It was a villa overlooking the famous lake that features boating, parks, and a peninsula with the clearest view of the famous St. Bartholomew church.

They were planning to settle there for good (They impulsively bought it when they were vacationing in Germany) but things had changed a couple of months later when Taeyeon decided to break up with Jessica for a very stupid reason.

“I don’t. I never did stay there. The whole place reeks of you,” Jessica’s face contorted in disgust, “A lot of buyers are interested in buying the place. What about we sell it?”

Taeyeon frowned. “Are you really sure that you want to sell it?”

“Yes,” Jessica relaxed on her seat, “I haven’t been there for 10 years, Taeyeon. And I have no plans in going back to that place. The property is named after me but I don’t want to decide on my own since you also paid for it.” she drank her wine in one go, “So, what’s your decision?”

The smaller woman was silent for a while. She contemplated. She also hasn’t been there ever since she left but she just can’t let go of a place that something that she holds on to for a very long time.

“What would you do if I tell you that I don’t want to sell the place? You don’t need money right now, right?”

The question made Jessica blink. “If that’s the case..” she paused, “If that’s the case then I have no choice but to sell it to you. You don’t need to pay the whole price but only pay me for the price I paid for it.”

That seemed okay. “Do you really want to let go of that place, Sica-ah?”

Jessica Jung frowned at the nickname. No one ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter