Eight

Emperor's Side

 

 

“Distance Lee Seunghoon”, a cold baritone voice growled suddenly and I instantly shivered when I realized whose voice it was. We heard small branches of tree being walked on by someone. As I looked my side, there I saw Mino standing firm, hands on his pants’ pocket,  and looking at us grimly. His eyes are focus on Seunghoon with a hint of anger, and when he shifts his gaze to me, his eyes turns cold as his jaw clenches tightly under the moonlight. He slowly walks towards us and stop beside me, without saying anything he grabs my wrist and makes me stand up removing Seunghoon’s arm around my shoulder.

“Hey easy, I was just talki-“, Seunghoon is trying to explain but Mino cuts him off immediately. “Shut up!” He glared at Seunghoon and his grip on me tightened. It hurts a little bit but I ignore it right away as the nervousness in my system is overpowering any emotion I’m feeling. Why does he look so angry? I have a clue as to why but I dismissed the thought. I don’t want to lead myself. Seunghoon held his both hands and laughed. He looks at Mino like he’s surrendering or something. “Okay okay.” He said  still laughing and with a tune of knowing something. I don’t know what is happening and what to do but I know I need to calm His highness and assure him of something I don’t even know. I turn to look at him and I touch his right arm, the one that is not holding me, and caress it to calm him. “Hey I’m sorry, I was just talking to Seunghoon.” His eyes soften a bit as he looks at me, and he looks away as if he’s holding a grudge at me or something. I stop myself from smiling. “Sorry, let’s go hmm?” I tried to catch his eyes but he averted it and his jaw clenched. I can still see a little bit of anger in his eyes, but a smile is slowly surfacing his lips but he tries to hide it by pouting a bit. So subtle that I almost didn’t notice, but since I am trying to look at his face, I know I see it right. He looks at my face again and to his hand on my wrist. I look at it too. It tightens again as he starts to drags me back, without bidding goodbye to his bestfriend. I look at Seunghoon to check but Mino groaned as he notices it “Jinu!”, and he makes me walk in front him while both of his hands are on my shoulders, slightly pushing me to walk. “tard! Scram and never show your face here again!” Mino shouted so loud, and I thought it was for me until I heard Seunghoon laughing. “Alright Your highness! Will be back again when you’re not around!” Seunghoon teases and I look back to see him slowly walking away, still facing us. He is grinning while he waves at us. “Eyes in front, Jinuven.” Mino sternly said.

 

We are walking back when I realize we’re on our way to the main palace. “Mino, are we not going back to the grand hall for the party?”

“No.”

“Is it already finished? Why did you left?”  I asked him. His forehead creases and now he gives his whole attention to me. “You suddenly disappeared out of my sight and you expected me to continue socializing?” His eyebrows are meeting again. “The party is still ongoing but I will not go back, you might wander around again without my knowledge.”

I don’t know what he means. What is he worried about? What if I wander around? Why does he care? Is it because maybe I’m a threat to the palace? But I know there is something else. My heart hammers in my chest, I look at him and now he’s looking ahead of our pathway. Please stop giving me signals Mino. Then suddenly, I remembered Meryll. Where is she? “Mino where is Meryll?”

“I don’t know. Maybe she’s still in the party, I left immediately when I realized you’re gone.” My eyes dilated but then a smirk appeared on my lips. Ha! What now little ?

 

When we get back to our room, I can still feel Mino is mad at me. “Prepare a warm bath for Jinuven first.” Mino informed two of the servants without looking at them and strutted to his walk in closet. “Right away Your highness.”

When he get back from the walk in closet, he already have our clothes on his hands. What I notice about him is that he doesn’t depend too much on his servants. If he can do it, he will take the initiative to do the task.” He walks towards me without looking and hands me my clothes. “You go first, I’ll follow when you finish.” He coldly said without waiting for me to respond. “You may all go now.” He informed the servants and they obliged. He goes to the study table near the window and starts reading some papers. I sighed and went to the bathroom. “I can manage.” I said to the two servants because they intended to help me wash.

 

After taking a bath, I walk towards Mino, he is still reading and he looks so serious and focused. As he noticed my presence, he turned his head to me and he stood up. He got his clothes from the bed and walked to the bathroom without saying anything. I don’t want to sleep thinking he is angry with me. I want to settle this fight even if how little fight it is. I waited for him to finish and I almost fall asleep for he was taking too long in the bathroom. I heard the bathroom door closed and I quickly sat on the bed. He was a little bit shocked when he saw me still awake. His went to his expressionless face again and went to switch off the light. The lamp shade near our bed is the only light illuminating the whole room. It is a bit dim but cozy. He makes his way towards our bed and is about to sleep when I held his arm. He looks at my hand on his arm and sighs. “Let’s talk tomorrow Jinu, I’m tired.” He said still not looking at my face. “Let’s talk please.” My hoarse voice is low and almost a whisper.

He is now looking at my face with that cold expression. “Why did you go out from the party?” He coldly asked. I was taken aback because I don’t know what reason I will tell him. But I also want to fixed things between us. I hesitated at first but I still hold his hand using my both hands and looked at it. “I… I..uhm” I breath out.

“You were talking happily with that little girl, I thought…. I thought you don’t need me there anymore so I went out for a bit.” I looked down and bit my lip. . My voice is quivering because I’m nervous. I play with his fingers while still looking down. He doesn’t say anything. I look back at his face again, and he was just staring at me. He smirks without humor on his eyes. “So you went out without telling me?” I can feel sarcasm dripping like acid on his tone. “I’m sorry, I just…. I don’t feel comfortable seeing you being that close and touchy to others.” My heat heated up but I want him to forgive me so I want to be honest. “Meryll is my cousin Jinu.” I am shocked as I look at him and became embarrassed. His eyes looks at me softly and he intertwines our fingers. “Why did you talk to Seunghoon then? Why did you let him get too close to you? You’re being touchy with each other too.” I bit myself again as guilt crept on me and also to suppress the smile on my lips. “He was just teasing me. He knows I don’t like to hang out with him that’s why he’s provoking me. But we really just talk.”

“Uh huh” His voice is sarcastic and teasing. “You’re being too comfortable with each other then.”

I chuckled. “Yes, but not in a good way Mino.” This time the smile on my face already shows. He arched his eyebrow while looking at me. “Fine.”

He held my left wrist and caressed it gently. “I’m sorry too.” Our eyes met and I smiled. “Does it hurt?” He asked, now looking at my wrist. I find it thoughtful. He knew he had hurt me a while ago. “I’s okay now.”

He kissed my wrist and brushed my hair gently. He is so clingy! “Let’s sleep.” His voice is gentle so it’s new for me. We both lay down the mattress and cover ourselves with the thick comforter. He puts his one arm under my head like a pillow. I looked at him wide eyed but he just smile arrogantly. “What?” I laughed a bit and shook my head. I do what he wants me to do and lean on his chest. He is not wearing anything except his pajama! He lay down sideway to hug me. His nose is touching my cheek. “Jinu.” “Hmm?”

His minty breath is fanning my cheek and I love the feeling of it. “Don’t do that again.”

“Do what? Going out of the party?”

“Stop making me feel anxious" My forehead creased.  “What?” I asked confused so I laughed a bit.

“Don’t make me feel that I might lose you. That you might be snatched away from me.” He kissed my cheek, still holding me.

“Please don’t have too much interest on anyone, to the point you’ll replace me.” “Please don’t do it again… Please.” He softly said like a whisper as he cupped my face to look sincerely to my eyes and kissed me. His lips are gentle at first like he is tasting me. He gives me soft kisses until his lips started moving, playing with my lips. He passionately kissed me and bit my lower lip. He stopped for a bit and looks at my lips before claiming it again, now roughly and owning. His moves were rushed like he was excited, like he was waiting to taste his favorite candy for a long time. His kisses are longing, he squeezed my making me moaned. He used that opportunity to enter my mouth. His tongue explores the wonders inside my mouth. I tried to catch up with him as I tried to copy what he was doing. His kisses felt so damn good. Mino squeezed my again, this time a bit hard, lifting it a little, making my body goes up a bit, grinding my body against him. He my lower and side lips, before giving me one last hard kiss.