Six

Emperor's Side

Mino raises his one eyebrow as he notices my shocked-face, meanwhile the Lee Seunghoon guy lets out a silent smirk and stand up properly from leaning sideways on the wall. Mino advances towards me and looks at Seunghoon, his bestfriend? He pointed his hands on Seunghoon's side, "This is Lee Seunghoon", then he looks back at me as his eyes turn to being serious and blank, "Seunghoon, this here is my..spou-." he paused and sighed, "..my bethrothed." Mino looks away and I heard Seunghoon laughs. 

"So whipped." Seunghoon said and shakes his head. Being confused, I look at Mino and just saw him clenched his jaw tightly. "Let's go inside, it's getting cold here." He grabs my hand and started walking inside the hall. I felt Seunghoon follows us too as his boots can be heard clacking through the marbled floor.

 

When we're inside the palace, I tried my best not to show my displeasure on my face as I notice that almost every woman on the hall have their eyes glued to Mino, admiration and wanting Mino is very evident on them. I unconsciously grips Mino's hand tighter, he stops walking and looks behind to watch me. His forehead creases and sighs. He step back so he could be beside me and his hand grabs my waist to be closer to him. "Just walk along my side Jinu." 
I heard someone snorts from behind and as I look back, I saw Seunghoon watches us in disbelief. 
"Come on." Mino said when he realized I'm stll not walking.  I always liked the fact that Mino made me feel things that I can't explain. Whenever I'm near him, my feelings got haywired and I always feel intimidated.... but safe. I feel comfortable around him yet nervous at the same time. The feeling like you are with the worst monster out there but still crave for its warmth and attention. He could hurt me anytime, but I don't want to stay away. 

I moved back as Mino moved the chair from the presidential table reserved specifically for Mino and his V.I.P guests. I was about to lift up the chair beside it so I could sit, but a calloused firmed hand suddenly grasped my wrist. I looked at the owner of the hand and saw the confused face of Mino. His eyebrows are furrowed again, like a beast that's been deprived of answers he's looking for. I think I equalled the confusion on his face because the lines of his thick eyebrows are now close to form a thin line. He motioned his eyes to the chair he moved and looked at me again. "This is for you." He now pointed out his index finger on the chair. I blinked twice and as I realized what he meant, I cleared my throat and bowed slightly to him. "Thank you." I quickly looked away as embarrassment and giddiness suddenly flows through my system. I sat down the chair and that's the time Mino lift the chair beside me and sat there. His chair is slightly faced towards me.

Seunghoon is sitting two chairs away from me and he's now waving his hands to catch the attention of some of the male guests. He is motioning them to come to our table. This guy is a social butterfly. "What do you want to drink?" I panickly looks at Mino because he suddenly talks to me. "Uh.. I'm fine!" I mustered a quick reply for I don't really know what I want to have. He looks at me for a moment before calling for one of the servants. "Give us one glass of peach juice with milk." He then turns to me, "Can I drink some liquor?" he asks. Too shocked as to why he is asking for my permission, I just looked at him with wide eyes. Maybe I got to stared him for too long so he tilted his head to watch my face and wait for my answer. "I will not if it bothers you." He smiled at me and was about to make the servant go. "No..uhm, that's not it! Of course you can. Besides it's your birthday." I smiled at him, "You can." 

"I'll just drink a little.", he tells me before patting my head once as he turns to the servant. "Also give me a Scotch." He lightly motioned the servant to go who also just obliged. "Your majesty.", I just notice that the guys seunghoon was calling a while ago are now on our table. Mino shakes their hands and I feel like they are some of the many friends of Mino. "Thanks for coming.", Mino's voice is still cold but a playful smile is evident on his face as he talks to them. Our drinks have arrived a while ago and our table got noisy as they happilly talks random things. How happy it is to have lots of friends. Never in my previous life had I have many friends. They keep on trying to talk to Mino but the king beside me just keeps giving his attention to me. He nods his head time by time and answers their questions curtly as if he's not interested, and his subject of interest always comes back to me. "Do you want to sleep now? Are you tired?" Mino asks me and I can feel the worry on his cold voice. I smiled and laughed lightly. I shook my head. "Please don't worry about me. You should enjoy your day your majesty." His face suddenly turns grim as if he doesn't like what he had heard. "Mino.", he corrected. I nod my head repeatedly as a laugh resonated out from me. He smiled to me and for a second, I think I saw his eyes softened, too quickly that it feels like it almost didn't happened. "Just tell me if you're tired already, or if you feel uncomfortable. We could come back to our room anytime Jinu." 

 

"Your majestyyyyyy!", a cheerful very girly voice suddenly calls out. I saw a woman running fastly towards us, towards Mino specifically. A sudden sour feeling evolves deep in my stomach as the woman hugs Mino who is sitting on his chair, tightly. I feel Mino's arm which was placed on the back of my chair moved away for a moment to hold the woman's arms as he distance her from him. "Merylle.", he said with warning as Mino looks my way apologetically. I feel like my eybrows got into one line while looking at Mino's hands on that girl's arms. "Why? I missed you!", the woman suddenly gave Mino a smack on the lips and I don't know what came to me as I grip the woman's arm to move her away from my fiancee. "Hey.", I suddenly blurts out in a monotonous voice, Merylle looked at my way and I can see the slight admiration on her expression as it vanished quickly and she replaced it with a fake regretful look. "Oh I'm sorry." She said too dramatic, before grabbing the other chair beside Mino and sat there happily.