Five

Emperor's Side

[ Author’s note: OMG. Hi I’m back. Super super thank you for those who wait, and thank you very much for believing in my story. Sorry for the long wait. All I could do is to Thank and be sorry to all of you readers, for real. I’ve got writer’s slump before and I began to question myself. Am I doing this right? Can I still write this? So, I really appreciate you guys for putting up with me. I also appreciated reading your comments everytime, it serve as my motivation every fudging time that I update and during my hiatus. I read all of your comments multiple times and somehow, it brings me courage to write again. Thank you so much!

P.S. constructive criticisms are welcome. It may also help me to see my flaws(but I will not change the plot, before writing my story I already planned out the plot). Also, English is not my first language so sorry for some grammatical errors. :> ]

 

I woke up with no Mino on my side, but before he left to do his duties and works, I still remember how he kissed me gently and quietly on my forehead making sure I don't wake up. I was half asleep that time though, but I'm sure it is not a dream. I groom myself before going out of our room to the kitchen. As I've entered the dining area, my breakfast have already been served. It feels a bit lonely eating my breakfast alone because these past few weeks, Mino always joined me in every meal. But I understand he is busy these days, the palace is busy to be exact. The emperor's birthday is coming up in two days and the palace's people are making sure everything will turn out flawlessly amazing. Mino, on the other hand though, is busy planning out a defense on a possible surprise attacts that may occured at the big day. I have read the noble though, and I know that on his birthday, everything will be fine. But it's better prepared than be sorry. 

After finishing my breakfast, there are already four unfamiliar faces inside my room excluding my personal maids and bodyguards. The four of them bowed down to me in a sophisticated manner. "We are assigned to get your body measurements for your royal suite fitting, our Prince." Said by the tall woman standing five feet away from me. I'm guessing she is the head couturier. I slightly smiled at her. "Very well." She instructed the two lady with her to get my measurements already. One of the lady seems shy though. Her hands are trembling and her face is flushed red. "Are you okay?" I monotonously ask her. I'm not concerned though, I'm just curious. She panickly looks at me in the eyes and as soon our eyes met, she quickly averted her eyes anywhere. "N-n-not-thing m-my Prince", and she suddenly looks down while getting my shoulder measurement. How could she get it when she's looking at the ground? I unconsiously lets out a sneer. "Betrina!" The head courturier shouted and apologetically bows down to me. "Sorry Sir for the negligence of one of my people." The girl, Betrina said sorry afterwards. "I-i-it was just the p-prince looks so handsome upclose, I'm s-sorry!" I raised one of my eyebrows on her statement. I already know that, but it makes me proud hearing it everytime. Weirdly though, My face from my past life and my face now is still the same, I don't know if Jinuven Luciano really looks like this though because I just read the novels, no pictures were included. The other person they are with, started getting my feet measurements after they finished getting the body sizes. I guess it's for the shoes.

 

 

Days have passed by quickly and it is already Minocius's birthday. The grand hall of the palace is decorated luxuriously and extravagantly with sparkling real golds and expensive fabric for the tables. Everything is made sure cleaned and spotless. They said the emperor will be arriving late because he's the center and main highlight. It makes me want to run the time faster because truly, I haven't seen Mino for the last two days even when bedtime. He got really busy. I worry if ever he got some sleep. I've been greeting guests for the couple of times passed. My personal maids that are assigned by Mino is always sticking by my side wherever I go. Two hours then, when Mino entered the grand hall. Every eyes are on him, it makes me somehow proud and scared at the same time. He was wearing a royal suite with a white inside shirt or tunic, a cream chaleco, maroon and gold for the long coat that carries a very well-made intricate designs. Golds and a blue stone that symbolizes our kingdom were included on his clothes accessories. It's magneficent. He looks so handsome, so fine. He's wearing that cold expression again. His aura is screaming treasure and elegance. It will surely made everyone that looks at him feel small, and... he looks so manly and firm. Where as, I'm wearing a white tunic underneath and an aqua-colored chaleco, my long coat is in deep blue color with minimal intricate design compared to the emperor. It's weird though that some ladies and princesses from other kingdoms are trying to flirt with me a while ago. They know I'm the emperor's fiance, they should take a hint to stay away. Also, I don't want to leave an impression to Mino that I can betray him. No. Never. I need to live, that's my initial plan. I should stick with it. 

I decided to get some alcoholic drink, this night is tiring me out. I suddenly felt a hand slides on my shoulder. I look back and saw Mino watching me with his one hand on my shoulder. I bowed down. "Mino" He gave me a grin before looking at the alcoholic drink in my hand. "How much have you already drink tonight?" he seriously asked me while glaring at my drink. "This will be my first drink, your highness." He slightly raised his eyebrow before looking at me. "Are you sure?" "Yes, certainly." He sighed before putting his hand from my shoulder to his side. "Very well, make sure not to drink much." "Then, accompany me my prince to a room, I will introduce you to some people." Some people? Without waiting for my answer, he grabs my wrist and brings me to one of the private rooms in the grand hall. The royal guards open the room's two doors for us, we entered slowly before we get to face two people. "Prince", Mino looks at me with his stoic expression before dropping his hand from holding my wrist. "These are my parents." WHAT?! My heart began pacing in uncontrollable fast-paced. "My father Jaecemio Leriem", pertaining to the tall, fit man that looks strict and as cold as Mino. "and my mother, Verisse Leriem." He gestured to the sophisticated lady in blue and gold dress. Am I meeting Mino's parents right now? The former King and Queen?! Is this my last day alive? 

We all sat down in a big rounded table that is exclusive just for the four of us. The chef and some of the palace's waiters started to serve the food. The table is so quiet, no one is breaking the ice. As I look at Mino, he doesn't seem he cared at all, while I'm here being nervous and scared. Now that I got the chance to look at Mino's parents properly, the more I realized how beautiful people they are. I heard from the people in the palace that they are already in their 60's, but they look like younger! As if they were just in their 40's. Mino suddenly plays his glass of wine on the table, it with his finger. "As you know, he is my fiance right? I hope no one will trouble anyone." He still looking at his wine glass before looking straight at his parents. Her mother began to smile very slightly, very lady-like. "As long as no one tarnishes the name of our family and the kingdom, I don't care whoever you marry my son." I saw his father sips on his wine before nodding. But even so, they still carry that wall around them, and I have no plans on breaking that wall. We can all be just civil to each other.

Contrary to what I expected, I got comfortable talking with his parents, specially with his mother. I still have my formalities though, that can't be not there. His father enjoys talking to me about the politics. "Eat more." Mino keeps serving me food on my plate without asking me if I could even finish them all. I also feel embarrased in front of his parents. "Are you listening?" I look at him and he's serious again. "I am, thank you. But this is too much." I whispered. "You haven't eaten anything on the hall awhile back." and god, he puts more food on my plate. "Your clothes suits you very much, Prince Jinu." Madame Verisse informed me. I blushed lightly for the compliment. I saw Mino raised his eyebrow. "Thank you madame, I really want to thank the people who made this but I can't seem to contact them anymore. The housemaids doesn't want me to tell their whereabouts." I said.

"I fired them after they're done making your suite." Mino lazily said. "Excuse me, your higness?" I shockingly asked and looked at him. He gave me that dangerous smirk again before playing with my hair. "I happen to heard some gruesome rumor", then he looks at me in the eyes "one of the couturier's people dare lay their eyes on the Prince while that person just need to do her job." He backs away his hands and resume eating. The heck?! Is they guy really the logical emperor they're talking about?

Dinner ended, and the housemaids escorted Mino's parents to their respected rooms. They seem to be tired already. "I'll be out entertaining the important guests, you can enjoy the party or can go back to our room." Mino said before excusing himself. "Wait!" He looks back at me. "Happy Birthday." I gave him the cake I baked for him as a gift. That's the only think I can give him. I have no money and he already has everything. He look quite shocked before smiling at me. Did he just smile? "Thank you." He gets the cake and kissed my cheeks.

 

I decided to go to the terrace to get some fresh air. I'm still not sleepy. I watched the night sky, and awed at the bright stars above. This is so peaceful. I flinched when I heard some odd noises. Like groans and slapping of skins. The terrace is big so I have to slowly tiptoed to where the noises are coming from. I stopped on my tracks when me and a guy locked our eyes, and he's looking at me while slamming his body to a girl in her dress rolled upwards. They're ing having ! In the middle of a party! He smirked at me. I am supposed to run away but my feet was glued to the ground. I was too shocked to move. When they are finished, the girl suddenly saw me and shrieked before putting her dress down and started running away. The guy zips his pants before he lazily walks towards me. I panicked so I almost stumbled backwards, Luckily or... not, he was able to grab me before falling back. "You can let go now." I said. "I thought you want to replace her since you don't run before." He said dangerously and playfully. He smirked again at me. "No?" "Of course not! I'm the emperor's fiance, have some respect!" I spat at him. "Oh. You're the fiance?" He then lets go of me. "You're too beautiful for a guy, you know. More gorgeous than most girls." He extended his arm, "Lee Seunghoon, from west kingdom." He again, playfully said. I do not take his hand. I don't even bother to introduce myself. I'm not comfortable with this guy. "So you already met each other." Said by another cold, deep voice I'm so familiar with. I look at the terrace's doorway and saw Mino approaching us.

"He's my bestfriend."