Three

Emperor's Side

Calming my self is the best thing I could do before going out of the bathroom. I breathed in and out until I felt I was fine enough to face Minocius. That Damn jerk Emperor. Why do I need to feel this towards him anyways? This is not the plan. I need to keep myself altogether until true heroine of this story appears, then I will throw these stupid emotions I have away. I was already dressed of my silk pajamas as I opened the door of the bathroom. Minocius was sitting on the bed while his half body is covered by the luxurious blanket. I closed my eyes and try not to shout at him for sleeping shirtless. You big piece of Minocius! He looked up to me from the papers he was reading a while ago. It must be political related, so I don't dare ask about it. He doesn't say anything, instead he goes back reading those papers as I also sit down on the soft big mattress. I tuck my body inside the blanket we're sharing and let my whole body lay down and enjoy the comfort of the bed is giving. I was still nervous, I have to admit. But my eyes is screaming for sleep. I might as well let my nervousness succumb to the gift of sleeping. Before I closed my eyes I saw Mino put down the papers he was reading at the side table near him. I don' know what he did next but I felt that the other side of the mattress had sink down, which means he aready laid down. I face the other side of the bed against him as I will get ready to fall asleep. I flinch and instantly opened my eyes as I felt his arm over my arm, hugging my stomach. Chills have visited my whole fcking skin and the sleep that's been pulling me before have ran away from me as I felt his nose brushed against my nape and later his lips brush so gently against it. It was ticklish and light. "Good night Jinu." I heard him hummed quickly before adding the phrases that made my cheeks go crimson red. "By the way, you look cute on breakfast this morning, but that messy bed hair should not be seen by anyone, but me."

That's what he all say before I felt his breathing became steady, he's asleep. I swear I don't know if I will be able to sleep now!

 

 

I woke up when I felt the rays of the sun seeping from the windows. I slowly opened my eyes and take my time to adjust them from the light. The curtains are helping not to fully illuminate the room of brightness. "You're awake now." I quickly looked to my left side then I saw the emperor watching over me, his elbow is leaned against his pillow while his other hand is playing with my hair. Why did I forgot that I'm sleeping in his room?! Also, how the heck did I not notice his hand brushing those locks in my head?! I groaned internally as the thought frustrates me. "Good morning", I said with my groggy voice. Ugh. He raised his eyebrow at me and though it looks playful, it also looks cold at the same time. How could someone exhibit those kinds of expressions by the way. He fix his position and prepared himself to go out from the bed, "I'm going to the shower first, I already told the maids to bring our breakfast here so you'll just have to wait," "You can use the shower after me." I blinked my eyes multiple times. Of course after you! You idiot! 

After he went inside the shower did I just notice the interior of his bedroom. I was too sleepy and distracted last night to check it. Unlike the palace's fancy design, his room is mostly minimal-colored, the walls are cream, the curtains are blue and cream. The floor is wooden colored, ceilings are high and when you look up you can see the well-intricate designs on it. A very beautiful and breathtaking chandelier hangs on the center of the ceiling. There is a table in the middle and lots of sofas inside the room. I can't all describe them in words but they are all so majestic and great, well fitted for a king...for him. 

After I finished my shower, I got out with the breakfast already place on the table at the center of the room. Mino is waiting for me while he's reading those papers again. He placed them at his side after he saw me. 

I was devouring the pancakes because it taste so damn fine.Maybe this is my 5th serving of it this time. "So you like pancakes huh?" I looked up to Minocius and gulped down the pancakes after a nod and before answering him. "These taste amazing. I used to eat the pancakes at some store when I was young because my parents doesn't cook breakfast," that was from my previous life though, that put my mood down a bit. "...I miss it". 

"I see, I'll let the maids know." What? "How was your day yesterday?" Minocius sipped his coffee as he waits for my answers. His eyes staring back at me with the same cold intensity that he always carry. "I toured around the palace and meet a friend, emperor Minocius." The emperor puts down his coffee and his lips is in grim line. "You could just call me Mino my dear prince, let's stop the formality." He shifted on his seat and he leans against the table, eyes looking at me. He lazily puts his right hand under his chin and gave his full attention to me. "A friend you say?" I don't know what's his tone is, but it tells me I should be careful of the answer that I will give him. "Uh.. yes Emperor Min-" "Mino"  he cuts off.

"Yes yes. Mino." I hurriedly said. "So yeah, I've got a friend. Don't worry he's not a spy or anything. He's from the palace." 

"Who could it be?" He challenged me while tapping his fingers beside his lips.

"His name is Taeran Namarque..." "He said that he is the leader of one of the battalions of your knights...Mino." He seems to be figuring out who it was before he recognize the man. "Hmm, I'll meet your friend then." "When can you show me this little boy, Jinu?" Little boy? Sir Taeran is not a boy at that, does he treat him as just a boy? "Boy?" I voiced out my thoughts. "Yeah. Your boy toys are just nothing Jinu," "You should realize that." 

"Boy toy?, But he's just my friend! I swear!" He nods. "Boy toy or not, we'll meet him together." His sneer felt dangerous to me. "Tell me when we could meet him, don't show up to him without me Jinu, I have yet to know your friend before you hangout with him. I'll leave first for work, Let's talk later." "I'll come back early." He stood up and walks out the room. What would I do? I have already asked Sir Taeran to meet me this day. Maybe Mino would not mind if I just see him for a bit.

 

 

"Jinu!" Sir Taeran waves at me as he saw me coming his way at the field. "So you remembered we will meet today. I'm pleasured." He smiles so brightly as he playfully bow his head with his hand swished at the back and the other at his front. I laughed at his silliness. Ah, it's so refreshing talking to someone without getting intimidated. Maybe Mino will understand that Taeran is just a friend. "You won't do anything today right? maybe you could come back here later in the field to watch your battallion." "What do you mean?" He looks so confused. "I mean if it's not much for you, could you accompany at the town?" "But don't worry, if it's a hassle you could just tell me." His eyes humbled and he smiles at me before ruffling my hair. I kind of don't like that gesture, it makes me feel like a girl and a child. If it's Mino, then it's fine though. I'm just not comfortable if other people does those things. I smiled anyway. "I could accompany you, I'll just tell them to wait for me as we come back. Wait me here." He goes to his battalion and seconds later, he's sprinting towards me. "Let's go!"

The palace guards let us out as they know Sir Taeran. We toured around the town and different spots. The town is like the one you see from the movies from medieval times but more modern. This place is already aware of technologies. Some of their gadgets are even more upgraded than the ones in my past world. They maintain the aristocracy feel and vibes of the past, also the clothing, while indulging themselves with the modern things. We went to harbors, tastes different streetfoods, bought inexpensive things from the side vendors and many more. "Woah this place is so awesome!" I absent mindly said as I admire genuinely the place while looking around. "But you're from this place." Taeran laughed at me. . "Oh yes yes. I just miss going out." I forcefully laughed with him. "Let's eat, I think the tiredness from going around the places hungers me." I told Taeran as I felt my stomach growls. "Come on, I know a place to eat."

Taeran guide my to a restaurant where they sell foods I don't heard about. I let him ordered for me. The food arrives and it smell so delicous, it makes my stomach angry. Mine looks like a pasta but with lots of spices and a slice of lemon at the top. There are also pastries served. I am too hungry to check Taeran's order as I eat my food hurriedly. I can't help it, the judging look I could get if ever. "Woah, calm down Jinu. The food won't run away." Taeran told me and chuckled, he also began to eat his food. "I was too hungry!" I said with my mouth full of food, I don't know if he understands me though. He chucked again. "Figures." He replied. 

I already finished my food and some of the pastries. I pick up the drink we ordered that have three colors of liquid inside a cup. The strangeness is amazing. It consists of color violet at the bottom, yellow at the middle and red at the top. "It tastes amazing for me, that's my favorite drink here." Taeran informed me. "But no pressure" He smirked. I rolled my eyes. Yeah yeah, no pressure. I sipped on it and it's not bad, in fact it's addicting. It tastes sweet and a bit sour, but at the same time it has little bit creaminess? Weird but nice. "So no pressure, but how does it taste?" I laughed hard at his question. This . "It taste like , Sir" I , and I saw him frowned. "That's impossible." He said with a pout. Oh look at this. "Are you sure?" His face is so scrunched up together, he looks so funny. This time I laughed so loudly that I think even the people outside the resto have heard me.

We were walking at the street of the town market as we let the foods we ate digest. I was looking at one of the side-street store, they sell different cute stuffs. "That's not a good joke Jinu, I truly believed you don't like the drink." It's been half an hour and Taeran doesn't still get over the fact that I just lied to him. This guy can't take a joke. "Come on, it's just a joke!" Smirking as I shake my head. "Even so!" He keeps on talking and I just rolled my eyes as I continue checking out the items that I can buy. When I unintentionally looked at the side, my eyes drifted to one of the street vendor's place, my eyes widen in shock, my face losses its color, I felt cold,I can't seem to move and I feel like I've lost all my senses except for my eyesight. There, is a woman, a very gorgeous woman at that, with long wavy brunette hair in her pink royal dress, she's looking at the items from the vendor's store. I felt like my heart has stopped. Orlaine Rossana Wynlar. The heroine of the story. The girl Mino will love in the novel. The one he'll love at first sight.

 

 

I was out of my mind on our way to the palace. I want to keep up being happy with Taeran but I just can't do it. I'm scared, I'm worried. "Hey are you feeling fine? Maybe the foods you ate doesn't go well with your stomach." Taeran snapped me out of my thoughts. We are already in the front of the palace's gates. I smiled weakly at him. "I'm fine, just tired." He looks like he doesnt believe me but he let it pass anyways, maybe he knows he should not push it. "But if you need to talk to someone, don't forget I'm here..." "We're friends right?" This time, I guenuinly smiled at him. "We are. Thank you."

Both of us are already on our way to get inside the main palace when he stopped me. "Dear, you've got an eyelash here at your cheeks." "Wait, let me get that for you, they said if you make a wish from fallen eyelashes, your wish will come true." I laughed. "Who said that?" He looks up as if he's thinking. "I don't know? But I swear I heard it somewhere!" He bend down and try to get the piece of hair from my cheeks. If anyone will saw us, they will think we're kissing. How careless is this man, really. 

 

"Jinu." A firm, hard voice came from my back. Just hearing his voice, I already know the man.

 

"Your majesty." Taeran quickly bow in front of him. I am still not looking at my back. Damn. Also, the guy beside me doesn' still realizes what he have done. I slowly face him with my head down. I can't look at him. He told me not to see Taeran yet,and now he will see us like this? He also informed me he will be back early and look at the time! Jinu you ed up! I internally grabs my hair. I'm hopeless, really.

 

"Go back to our room. Now." I don't waste any second to oppose him. I panickly nods my head repeatedly before sprinting inside as he stay there with Taeran. I hope Taeran will be fine.