Chapter 6

I want you to be my (fake) boyfriend

 

When Jimin opened his eyes in the morning he didn’t know where he was, but he knew two things. The first one that he was , and the second one that his cheek was on someones bare chest and his body was pressed against someones warm body. Then he looked up and saw Jungkook still asleep, and everything came back to his mind from the night before.

He started panicking, but not over the things they did, but the way he felt. He didn’t feel regret at all, it just felt nice waking up cuddled up next to Jungkook. And if he recalld the previous night he only could think about how nice it was.

And he didn’t want to feel this. He needed time to think through his feelings. He needed to get out of there, before the younger woke up.

So he climbed out of bed carefully, dressed up quicker than ever and left Jungkook’s bedroom and apartment.

 

 

After he’d arrived home, he took a shower and went to his room, and stayed there all day and left just when he needed. He avoided Jungkook’s every call and text, didn’t even read even one. He just really needed to figure out his feelings before talking to the younger.

 

The next morning their door bell rang, and after the second ringing he realised Taehyung must not be home so Jimin went to open the door. But didn’t expect to see the one he saw in his doorway out of all people.

„Hi Jimin-ah! Can we talk?” Kai said.

-

When Jungkook woke up after the night spent with Jimin, he didn’t open his eyes immediately. He imagined this so many times, how is it going to feel to woke up next to the guy he was in love with. But when he opened his eyes he didn’t expect to see the bed empty next to himself.

He was confused for a moment, then he thought Jimin might be just in the bathroom, so he called out for him but there was no answer. So he went inside but he didn’t find anyone there. But he still hoped that his love was just in the kitchen eating breakfast, so he went out only to see an empty apartment.

This was the moment when the thought that Jimin sneaked out before he could woke up came to his mind, just like he did for so long while he was the boy of the campus. He felt tears in his eyes but blinked them away and went to his room instead and tried to call Jimin, but there was no answer. So he tried again, and again, and again.

After a lot of missed calls, he thought he should try texting, maybe he just went out for something but didn’t come back yet, and his phone is muted, or he can’t answer for some reason. Anything would be better then admit the truth. So he texted.

Kookie:

Why aren’t you answering your phone? Call me back pls

He waited ten full minutes, but there was no answer, so he tried again. But this time he didn’t wait for this much between texts.

Kookie:

Why did you leave? Why didn’t you wake me at least?

Jimin?

Are you going to come back or you just left?

???

Don’t do this!

Answer me at least in a text, please!

After this he tried to call him again, but ther was no answer yet again. So he waited a few minutes and tried again. But no one picked up and he realized that Jimin indeed did the same thing what he did after every morning when he woke up in someone’s bed. This time he couldn’t hold back the tears.

He tried to call and text Jimin all day every now and then, but ther was no use. It hurt, he felt awful, but tried to stay positive and thought that maybe he just needs time after what happened. Because he couldn’t just give up yet.

 

The next morning when he found no text or call from Jimin he decided to visit him. They needed to talk about what happened betwen them, and he hoped that if he will be honest with him and tell his true feelings it will help Jimin admit his own. Cause Jungkook knew, felt that the older feels the same way, he is just scared.

He almost reached Jimin’s buliding, when he saw him coming out of it and a smile automatically appeard on his face, but it was gone the second he saw who came out behind him.

It was Kai.

Jungkook never thought that Jimin’s smile could ever break his heart, but when he turned to smile at an other man it hurt just like he imagined it.

-

They sat in a cafe, opposite from each other, drinks infront of them. Jimin waited to Kai to start, he was curious what he wanted to talk about.

After he showed up in Jimin’s door and asked if they could talk he invited the small boy to drink a coffee, and he thought he could use some air so he went with him.

„You ok Jimin-ah? You seem kinda sad and tired.” Kai asked with a worried expression on his face.

„I’m fine. But what did you want to talk about with me?” Jimin was now just too curious to hold back the question.

„Well… I wanna tell you something… so I guess I need to start now, I’m just nervous so could you just listen to what I want to say and react just when I’m done? I know it’s wierd but could you, please?” he asked, and he now seemed nervous so Jimin just nodded his head as an answer an waited Kai to start.

„Well the thing is that I… I like you, Jimin-ah, I like you a lot!” he said and then looked into Jimin’s suprised eyes and continued. „I like you for a while now I just thought it’s the best to keep it to myself, to the sake of our friendship. But ever since you started dating Jungkook I feel jealous all the time and act rude and hurt you and I just don’t want that. So I decided to be honest with you about this, and ask you not to be mad at me for my act. I’m going to control myself from now on. I just want you to be happy and I don’t want to lose you as a friend. So if you really love Jungkook and you happy with him I’m going to support your relationship.” Kai finished with a small smile and now he just waited for Jimin’s reaction.

-

„Hi Kookie!” Jimin greeted Jungkook when the younger opened the door of his apartment. „Can I come in?  I wanna tell you something.” he asked and a small shy smile appered on his face when he looked up into Jungkook’s eyes.

„I don’t want you to come in Jimin-ssi.” the tall boy said with an exression on his face, and something in his eyes that Jimin never seen before. „I already know what you want to tell me anyway” he continued.

„You know? But how? And why don’t you seem happy about it? I thought you would be.” the small boy felt confused and sad cause Jungkook still showed him this foreign expression.

„I went to see you this morning, and I saw you leave with Kai. It wasn’t too hard to put the picture together after that.” he explained.

„Oh, yes. We went to a coffee and he told me he likes me a lot so I…” but Jimin couldn’t finish what he wanted to say, Jungkook didn’t let him.

„Look Jimin I get it and I don’t care, I don’t want to hear the details.” he said.

Jimin opened his mouth to say something but he got cut off again.

„I guess what happened on the night of the party is confused you and you think you owe me an explanation now. But let’s not overthink it, ok? It was just . You was dunk and , so do I, so it happened, and that’s it.” Jungkook said. And that’s the moment when Jimin recognize what he saw in the other male’s face and eyes. His face showed anger but his eyes were sad.

„And now you’re with Kai, so there’s no reason to even talk about this. But I appreciate that you came to tell me.” he stayed silent for a moment and than his face changed into a smirk, the kind Jimin hates, and than he countinued. „But even if this is our break up, don’t hesitate to call me if Kai can’t make you fell as good as I made you that night. I mean, I never do it twice with the same person but I can make an exception with you. I really enjoyed hearing you beg for more. But I never even thought about a cute guy like you can be this ty in bed, but don’t you worry baby, I liked it a lot.” then he winked at the small boy.

Jimin was in shock for a few seconds after what Jungkook said. But then he decided if the other is going to talk to him like that, he will do the same.

„Wow, Jeon. I almost forgot how big of a jerk you are. But don’t be so full of yourself, you wasn’t that big of a deal for me to come back. Expecially now that I have someone who I know is going to better then you was.” Jimin said then without waiting for an answer he turned around and left. He was just glad he was strong enough to finish his sentence, but the moment he turned his back his teas rolled down on his face.

-

„Wow, what was that? You guys actually slept together at the night of the party? But then why did you talk to him like that?” Yoongi asked. He stood behind Jungkook, who was still standing in front of the door even now that he already closed it after Jimin left.

„Kook, hey! What’s going on?” The older tried again, but when he got no answer again he stepped closer to his friend and placed his hand on his shoulder. „Talk to Jungkook-ah! The only way of me to help you if you tell me what is happening.” Yoongi had no idea what happened but he knew Jungkook and he knew that he was in pain even he couldn’t see his face.

„You can’t help Hyung.” the taller finally answered.

„Please, let me try at least. You just need to talk to me.” he tried and gently squeezed the other’s shoulder.

But than Jungkook shook his hand of of his shoulder and turned to face Yoongi who was suprised by the sight, tears were rolling downhe younger’s face.

„I said you can’t ing help!” he shouted angrily, than he ran to his room leaving a confused Yoongi behind.

 

An hour later Jungkook calmed himself enough to came out of his room. Yoongi’re watching the tv on the couch. He looked calm but in reality he was worried about his friend a lot. He heard him crying in the passing hour, but knew better then try to go in. He knew Jungkook will come out when he’s ready.

The tall boy sat down next to him without a word. They just sat there for a few seconds first.

„I’m sorry Hyung. I shouldn’t have talk to you the way I did.” Jungkook started.

„It’s okay kid, don’t worry about it.” Yoongi responded. „Do you feel like talking about it now?”he than asked.

„Not yet.”the taller boy said, the older only nodded as an answer.

After that they stay quetly, just watching the tv. Then Jungkook started crying again first with no sound, his tears were just running down his face and he couldn’t control them.

Then Yoongi reached out, pulling the younger down to his shoulder, and hugged him. They stayed like that, no words, just muffled sobs from Jungkook.

-

„Hi Chimie! What do you want for lunch? I was thinking we could…” Teahyung stopped talking when the sight of his best friend came into his view.

„Oh my god Jimin! What happened? What’s wrong?” Tae asked immediately, and rushed over to hug his friend.

Jimin was crying. He cried so hard he couldn’t even stop to answer, not like he wanted to. He didn’t want to ever talk about it but he knew he eventually has to tell to Taehyung, but not now.

Now he just hugged his best friend closer and cried his eyes out on his shoulder.

After that they spent the rest of the day cuddling in their couch, Jimin cried, he didn’t want to but he just couldn’t stop the tears.

-

Jungkook reached out on the tabel and took Jimin’s small hand into his and looked into his eyes. They were in a coffee date, and the younger felt this is the right timt to confess his love to the other male infront of him, so when they eyes met, he started.

„Jimin I need to tell you something. It my gonna be a little too soon but I want you to know that I… I love you.” He said, and than smiled.

„What?” Jimin asked, suprised.

„I’m in love with you, Jimin!” Jungkook repeated and still smiled and waited for the older to say it back. But he didn’t.

„I’m really sorry Jungkook-ah. But I love someone else.” then he stood up and walked just a few steps away, where he took a hold of a guys hand, it was Kai. They walked back to Jungkook, hand in hand. Jimin looked into Jungkook’s eyes and said:

„He is my love, and you could never even reach his level, so just forget it. You can’t ever stood a chance.” and he seemed disgusted by the sight while he talked.

Jungkook stood up too, he wanted to ask why, why Kai is better then him. But didn’t have a chance when someone behind him startad laughing, and he felt they laugh at him, so he turned around to see who it is.

It was his ex from high school and he laughed at him.

„Oh dear Jungkook. You still didn’t learn that no-one will ever love you?” he asked and continued laughing.

Jungkook didn’t give him the satisfaction to let the tears behind his eyes to come out. But then he heared another laugh and when he turned around he saw Jimin and Kai laughing at him too.

„Sorry Kookie but he is right, how could you even think I will love you back?” Jimin laughed.

This time Jungkook couldn’t hold his tears in…

 

 

Jungkook woke up and got up in his bed, his tears were running down his face after his dream. It seemed so real. He couldn’t stop the tears to keep coming, he just cried. He cried really hard and couldn’t stop for hours, just tried to keep quiet not to wake Yoongi up.

It was the third night spent like that. First the bad dream and the cry after. He wished he could stop this. It hurt him so bad.