Chapter 3

I want you to be my (fake) boyfriend

On Monday Jimin was really nervous. He hoped his plan is going to work and that Jungkook’s going to act normal as they’d discussed. They’re not gonna be all boyfriend boyfriend yet, they’re going to act like they had a date at the weekend and now just wanna be around each other and later in the week Jimin is going to tell Kai that they are together. But he hoped he doesn’t have to push it that far.

They met in front of the cafe and after they had bought their coffees they started to walk to Jimin’s lecture. It was a little awkward between them, they just walked in silence for a while and then Jungkook started speaking.

„Don’t you think we should get to know each other if we actually gonna do this all fake relationships thing?” he surprised Jimin with his question, because he thought Jungkook didn’t care about the whole thing.

„Uhm yeah, you’re probably right. And anything would be better than this awkward silence.” he said with a smile and Jungkook giggled at this.

„Ok, what about we’re asking questions from each other while we’re getting there?” Jimin just nodded as an answer, he didn’t want to be the one who starts the questions. „Ok then I guess I’m going to start. Uhm... What’s your favorite color?” he asked.

„Wow such an interesting and unique question” Jimin teased Jungkook and laughed.

„Shut up pretty face.” he said.

„Why do you have to call me something like this all the time? I’m older, you should respect me and call me hyung not some pet name.”the older complained.

„It’s more fun like this, you blush when I use a pet name and I enjoy watching you blush. It’s funny, plus you look cute at the same time.”Jungkook answered and then started speaking again not letting Jimin respond. „And maybe my question was lame but you still hasn’t answered.”

„OK, well my favourite color is blue. Yours?” Jimin asked back.

„Yellow. And maybe you were right about this question.” Jimin laughed at this and started speaking after he stopped laughing.

„OK now it’s my turn... Well I already know that your major is photography so I’m not gonna ask that” the shorter one is thinking out loud. „So... Why are you such a boy?” Jungkook stopped walking in shock when he heard the question, he just stared at Jimin who looked serious for a second and then started laughing. „Oh my god, I’m just messing with you, relax.” he said still laughing „You should saw your face, you looked shocked, it was so funny.” when he stopped laughing he started walking again and Jungkook followed him. And Jimin started speaking again.

„I would never ask something like this. It’s none of my business, so don’t worry, I just thought it would be funny and it was. But my real question is that I once  heard that you dance sometimes, is that true?”

„Uhm well, yeah.” Jungkook answered, still a little affected by the other’s joke, but then something came into his mind. „I thought you hate me but you seem like you know a lot of things about me.” Jimin blushed on Jungkook’s statement, he didn’t know what to say. Of course he knows a lot of things about him, maybe way too much but the younger doesn’t have to know this. He still didn’t know what to say when Jungkook started laughing.

„Now who is the one who should see his own face?” he said then with a big smile.

¯

They talked the whole way to Jimin’s lecture. The awkwardness from the beginning slowly disappeared. They mostly told each other things what they thought it could be important in a (fake) relationship, but it  was a nice conversation and they enjoyed it. When they reached their destination they just stopped in front of the building. Jungkook talked about the video game that he likes and started to tell a story when he once convinced Yoongi to play with him and after he lost he just wanted to continue playing till he win and they ended up playing for hours and Jungkook had to stop Yoongi. Jimin smiled and laughed at the story even if it wasn’t that funny, the way Jungkook told it made it funny. Jimin just finished laughing and wanted to say something in respond but he couldn’t cause someone interrupted him when he stepped next to him and started talking.

„Jimin-ah! Everything ok? Why is he here?” Kai asked and then he looked at Jungkook „Are you stalking him or something? Leave him al....” he said but he was cut off by Jimin.

„Jesus hyung calm down! He is here with me, and no he isn’t stalking me, we had a coffee together and then he walked me here.” Jimin said and while he talked he reached out and touched Jungkook’s shoulder. Kai’s eyes followed Jimin’s hand and he looked kind of angry because of it, so the blonde haired boy didn’t keep his hand there for too long.

„But why are you spending time with Him? We’d talked about this, he’s a boy and you said...” he couldn’t finish his sentence because of Jimin again.

„Can we talk about this later?” he asked and then he turned to Jungkook „Sorry Kooki but I need to talk to him. We can continue at lunch. I mean we still up for that, right?” he asked with a nice smile on his face but he didn’t know if he just faked the smile or it’s really for Jungkook.

„Of course, hyung. I can’t wait.” the younger answered and then walked away. And Jimin just couldn’t  notice how Jungkook called him hyung for the first time, and just could not convince himself that he didn’t liked it, this small thing made butterflies in his stomach even though he knew it was just fake. Jimin just stood there looking Jungkook’s back, but Kai’s words made him come back from his thoughts.

„What the hell Jimin? I thought we discussed this. Don’t you said you hate him? I don’t understand what are you doing with him now.” he looked confused, a little mad and most importantly: jealous and Jimin could see it.

„I know what I said at the party and I remember what you said, but at the weekend he asked me out for a coffee and first I said yes to tell him to leave me alone but it turned out he is not that bad. Actually he is really nice.” Jimin said, surprised by how easy was for him to lie, he thought it would be hard but it wasn’t.

„So you went on a date with him? And as I heard you are going on an other one at lunch?” he asked.

Jimin just nodded as a respond.

„Well, have fun on your date!” Kai said, in a sarcastic almost angry tone.

„That’s all you want to say?” the smaller boy asked hopefully.

„What else am I supposed to say?” he asked back as an answer.

„Nothing, forget about it.” Jimin said, while tired to hide his sadness „Let’s go to class, I don’t wanna be late.” he said and started go inside of the building, Kai followed him in silence. And now Jimin realized that this is going to be harder than he thought it would be.

¯

Two weeks past like this. Jungkook went with Jimin to his and Kai’s common lectures to make him jealous, and it worked, it was pretty obvious but he still didn’t confessed. So they started acting more like a couple, they went on dates, but always chose places where Kai could see them, they holded hands and they were a little touchy with each other, but with limits of course.

(When one time Jungkook touched Jimin’s the older acted normal because of the audience and went closer to the young one like he just wanted to hug him but he whispered into his ear „If your hand goes close to my one more time I’m gonna brake your hand.” and than smiled sweetly to Jungkook „Understand?” the younger just nodded and never touched Jimin’s again. But the older knew exactly how much he enjoyed that one time, way to much to be honest, that’s why he couldn’t let it happen ever again, just God knows what he would do if it happens again.

On the second week Jimin started to give goodbye kisses on Jungkook’s cheeks. And the younger enjoyed it very much, he couldn’t think anything else than Jimin’s big, soft and juicy lips. He wanted to kiss him but he knew that the older wouldn’t be happy if he would do it. But they knew exactly, even Jimin that they have to do it if they keep going with this fake relationship. But Jimin didn’t want to do it, at least he kept telling this to himself to convince himself about it. But the truth is that he was afraid of the fact that he has to kiss the other and he may end up enjoying it. And Jungkook doesn’t wanted to make Jimin uncomfortable so he just waited for the other to kiss him.

So the yet unhappened kiss between them was something what Jimin should do first. And it was clear for both of them.