Chapter 4

I want you to be my (fake) boyfriend

The third week started the same but then on Tuesday something happened.

The (fake) couple spent the afternoon in the library, studying, two tables away from Kai, who looked at them way too much, and if he could he would  have killed Jungkook by now with his eye. They was about to leave so they started packing their stuff into their bags when a girl with long brown hair passed by and said: „Hi Jungkookie!” with a big smile on her face. Jungkook smiled back and waved at her. Jimin couldn’t stop himself thinking about who she was and what does she has to do with Jungkook. And he also couldn’t stop himself to ask.

„Who is she?” it came out a little harsher than Jimin wanted. But Jungkook just started laughing.

„Wow such an overprotective boyfriend.” he said with laughter in his voice „But to answer  your question she is Park Soo-young, we have classes together.” and they’ve slept together a few times before, but Jungkook kept this information for himself. He can’t even remember when it happened last time so he doesn’t understand why did she even say hi now.

„I was just curious. That’s all.” Jimin tried to fix his earlier mistake. „And you know people think we are actually dating and I don’t want you to cheat on me, I mean... I know it’s fake but...you know what I mean. And if you hook up with someone it could ruin the whole plan.” while Jimin was speaking he realized that they never discussed that Jungkook should stop sleeping around until the whole faking ends. The older thought it’s obvious but now he wasn’t so sure anymore.

„You don’t have to worry about this. I’m not stupid. I may not be the best at relationships and but I know that it’s changing... I mean if people think I cheat it could ruin everything so I haven’t done anything since we are together. I’m a good boy, don’t worry.” he smiled and winked at Jimin. At that Jimin rolled his eyes.

„Good boy my !” but he actually smiled while he talked. The things what Jungkook said made him feel nice and he thought he was cute so he didn’t really think through when he stepped closer to the younger and put one of his hand on his shoulder the other to his chest and leaned close so he could whisper into his ear. „Who needs a good boy anyways? I prefer the bad ones, if you ask me.” Jimin  had no clue why he said what he said but in that moment he didn’t even care.

Then he leaned back just a little enough so he could look into the other’s eyes and smiled sweetly then he looked down to his lips, and then back to his eyes but Jungkook’s eyes were on Jimin’s lips now. The older his own lips and watched Jungkook’s reaction but then his attention went back to the younger lips. He wanted to kiss him so bad that it scared him. His hands was still on Jungkook so he placed his hand from  his chest to his face up his neck in the way to his face and the movement sent shiver through Jungkook’s body. They stared at each other for a few more seconds then Jimin decided that he has to do something now so he leaned in and placed his lips softly to Jungkook’s cheek.

„Goodbye Kookie! See you tomorrow.” he said with a smile. Then he stepped away placed his bag on his shoulder and walked away.

Jungkook just stood there for another minute completely confused but he felt something else as well. He never felt this way before but he liked it, it made him happy. He wasn’t sure what this feeling was though, but he knew that Jimin made him feel this way.

¯

„OK you must tell me what happened. Not just because my curiosity is killing me but you are so deep in your thoughts that you keep staring at the TV what I turned off so we could talk.” Taehyung looked at his friend waiting for him to tell  what is on his mind.

„I don’t want to talk about it, Tae.” Jimin said and kept staring at the fTV.

„Chim, talk to me! If you keep it in your head and just think to much of it your brain will explode at the end. Or at least look at me!” he tried to convince his friend, but he didn’t get any reply so he tried with something else. „OK if you won’t tell me what is going on I’m not going to tell you about my yesterday’s date with Yoongi.” still no reply. „Well if you don’t care for our first kiss than I just going to call Hobi and tell him about it.” at that Jimin almost jumped to his friend.

„YOU GUYS KISSED! OH MY GOD!” he shouted happy. „But wait a minute, why are you just telling this to me now? I’m your best friend you should have told me immediately after it happened!” Jimin said and tried to be angry but he was too excited.

„So now I am your best friend when you want to know what happened with me but you not letting me help you with that that is on your mind? And I haven’t told you earlier because I didn’t have a chance so stop complaining. And I’m not going to tell you more about it till you don’t tell me what happened to you.” at this Jimin felt a little guilty not telling what’s on his mind but he was confused, and he knew it was stupid because Taehyung would never judge him but he was afraid of his reaction.

„I almost kissed Jungkook today.” Jimin said not looking at his friend and when he didn’t reply he continued. „And the worst part is that I wanted to kiss him, but I don’t know why. One moment we were just talking and the other we were so close and I wanted to do it, but then I just pecked his cheek. Tae I swear I don’t know what happend. I never wanted to do anything with him before. And now...” Jimin looked at the other afraid to see his reaction when he didn’t even talk about the part when he became jealous of that girl, but that part confused and scared him more.

„I see what your problem is. But maybe this fake boyfriend thing confused you. And now you are just overthinking it even more. Or do you think...do you think you have feelings for him?” Tae asked worried about his friend. Jimin didn’t need to think to much for his answer.

„No, I don’t have feelings for him it must be because the whole faking thing, you are right. I just couldn’t stop thinking about it and it made me feel weird, and I didn’t understand myself but you most be right. I’m overthinking.” he smiled and felt relieved to find something what convinced him that he didn’t actually wanted to kiss Jungkook.

„Whatever you say Chimoty. But just you know, you always come to me if something happens and you need me, OK?” Jimin smiled and nodded as a response. Then something came to Taehyung’s mind so he started talking again. „By the way I wouldn’t say you never wanted to do anything with Jungkook before. As I remember after you first saw him you couldn’t shut up about him. And you know I remember every nasty comment that you made about him before you realised he is a boy.” Tae laughed at the other.

„Oh shut up! We are not talking about this.” but he smiled too as he remembered some things what he’d said in the past about Jungkook.

„I’m not a kitten but I would drink all of his milk. Or I heard he sings nice, well I would make him make even nicer noises. Or he could hit me and I’d thank him, and the classic: I wanna sit on his face. You said that a lot. But my personal favorite was: I want him to tickle my throat with his one eyed snake.” Tae acted like Jimin when he’d said his old statements. The two friend laughed together and Tae said some more thing what Jimin once said and they just laughed every problem forgotten for a while.

¯

„What happened with you? Why are you smiling all the time since you came back home?” Yoongi asked Jungkook.

„Jimin almost kissed me today.” he answered excitedly.

„You are this happy because of an almost kiss? I kissed Tae yesterday and I’m not like that. I mean don’t get me wrong it was amazing but you... I think you overrate your almost kiss.” the older said and a smiled when he mentioned his boyfriend.

„You maybe not act like me but I know you are very happy and whipped for Tae so just don’t judge me and I’m not overrating it.” the younger added.

„Whatever! But why didn’t Jimin actually kiss you? You are faking a relationship so it must happen at some point. And if it does it will be fake too. You know that, right? Do not think otherwise. You know I don’t wanna hurt you, even if it sounds a little harsh but you can’t keep your hopes up that if he kisses you it’s going to happen because he wants you. You gonna end up hurt if you do.” Yoongi looked at his friend and tried to make him think straight.

„Jeez hyung, relax! I’m not thinking anything to it what’s not there. I just... you know I’ve wanted him since I saw him and I can’t help but became excited to the thought of him kissing me or more, you know I would give a lot for his mouth on my...” he gets cut off by Yoongi.

„Do not finish this sentence! I listened enough to your thirsty talking things like this and worse about Jimin. I know exactly what you want him to do to you, unfortunately. But he didn’t even kiss you which you still didn’t tell me why, so he will not gonna do the other thing either.” he said making a disgusted face when he remembered the things Jungkook’ve ever said about Jimin and he didn’t want to hear about more.

„That was a little rude hyung. But to answer your question, the reason is... well I don’t really know.” he looked confused when he realized he doesn’t know the answer.

„What do you mean you don’t know?” Yoongi looked even  more confused.

„Well... I just don’t know. I mean he was really close, like in front of my face and he looked at my lips and I could tell he wanted to do it and I thought he will, and then he just kissed my cheek and left.” Jungkook said.

„Well then he didn’t want to kiss you that much. You keep saying you can see he wants you and , but I don’t think so.” the older told his opinion.

„If he doesn’t want me why did he act jealous when a girl said hi to me? Explain me this than!” the younger tried to prove his point.

„Acted jealous? What the ? You are at telling me everything. But I need to know if you want me to help you to understand him.” Yoongi was surprised that his friends stupidity still can make him wander after so many years of friendship.

So Jungkook told everything to Yoongi about what happened in the library. And they spent two hours trying to find out what Jimin wants or how he feels but they didn’t succeed.

But how could they find out Jimin’s fellings when even he doesn’t know how he feels anymore.

¯

After that one time meeting her in the library Jimin caught himself seeing Soo-young a lot, expecially when Jungkook was there too. Jimin hated it, hated every „Hi Jungkook” from the girl, he hated when he saw them talking, and he hated her, and hated feeling like this because he has never felt like this before. It doesn’t matter how many times he told himself that he doesn’t care and he knew he shouldn’t care but he did and he can’t do anything about it.

When he was with Jungkook or thought about him he found himself a lot of time thinking about what Taehyung asked from him: do you think you have feelings for him? It haunted him. He thought about this question a lot but he always ended up with the same: „No, the faking just confused me, I like Kai.” But the truth is that he just refused even to think about another answer, even if deep down he knew that there is another one which would be actually true.

 

And there was an other thing that bothered Jimin, and it was about Jungkook, of course it was about him. They spent a lot of time together in the past few weeks and they started to get to know each other pretty well, they trusted in each other now, they told things what they would only tell the ones closest to them. And sometimes on their fake dates they started playing the question game like the first day of faking, they said they were just bored and they can’t just sit there is silence anyways, but the truth was that they were curious about the other and they wanted to get to know each other better every time, so they used the game as an excuse. But there was still something what Jimin didn’t know and that was what bothered him. He wanted to know how and why did Jungkook become a boy. He thought after getting to know him that there must be an answer cause he was a nice and caring guy with a good heart, Jimin didn’t understand how could a sweet guy like him became a boy. It made him very curious but he wouldn’t dare to ask, he felt that this may be to personal and he didn’t want to risk the comfort between them. So he didn’t ask what he wanted the most, until now.

„I’m sooo bored!” Jungkook said falling on his back on Jimin’s bed. The two boy studied together in Jimin’s room. The older sitting by his table and Jungkook on his bed.

„Stop complaining and continue studying, don’t you said that it’s going to be a big test and it’s going to be hard? You have to be prepared.” Jimin said not even looking at Jungkook just keep doing his work.

„I know that and you’re right, but I can’t do it any longer we are studying here for like 4 hours. We need to rest.” the younger complained then jokingly continued. „Or we could do something what keeps our brains away from studying. I’m already in your bed you should just join me and I can distract you, pretty boy.” he winked at Jimin when he finally looked at him, his mouth falling to the ground in surprise at Jungkook’s words, he didn’t even know how to react, he totally not considering Jungkook’s offer, hell no. „Jeez, relax baby I’m just kidding.” the tall boy laughed. In respond Jimin grabbed a pillow from his bed and he hit Jungkook with it. „You are adorable when you are angry.” the tall boy said and just kept laughing so after a while Jimin stared smiling to. „But seriously can we do something else a little bit, just talk a little or something, please.” he even used his puppy eyes to convince the other male.

„You are such a damn child I swear. We only started like an hour ago, not 4, you brat.” Jimin finally spoke up, but Jungkook just keep staring at him with his puppy eyes, so after a few seconds the older give in. „Fine! But only 10 minutes, got it? After that you go back to study, and you stop bothering me.” Jungkook’s face immediately lit up when he heard this.

„OK, you start. Ask something.” the younger said and looked up to the ceiling and stayed like that.

Jimin started thinking what to ask but only one question kept come up in his mind, but he refused to ask it, so he just said: „I can’t come up with anything, maybe you should start.”

Jungkook looked at him, studied his face for a few seconds before turning back to the ceiling. „ I’m not believing you. I know you have something on your mind for a while now, you just don’t dare to ask for some reason.” he looked back to Jimin, and his face told him he was right. „You know you can ask anything, I’m not gonna be mad or anything, but I understand if you don’t want to, because actually I have something in mind what I didn’t dare to ask you either, but... I mean we are friends now, right? And friends should not be afraid to ask or tell each other stuff, right?” and friends don’t want to each other either, both boy secretly thought. Eventually Jimin just nodded as an answer so Jungkook continued. „So let’s have a deal we both tell each other what is it what we wanna know and then decide if we want to answer and if not it’s ok, and we are not going to be mad at each other for the question or anything, ok?” Jungkook looked at Jimin encouragingly.

„Ok, let’s do it.” he answered after a few seconds, voice low.

„Well than, I’m going to ask first then you and after that we can give an answer or not.” Jimin just nodded, while Jungkook sat up on the bed so he can face Jimin. „Ok, so... Well I was thinking about your reason why you don’t want to tell your crush how you really feel, you said you don’t want to ruin a friendship, but it just not enough, I mean if I were you I would take a risk expecially if I saw the signs to him like me back. And since I get to know you better I know you are brave enough to take the risk too, but you didn’t, so why? That’s my question.” Jungkook said.

Jimin just started at him, he never thought Jungkook would find out that he had an other reason. A reason what he didn’t even tell Taehyung and refused to even think about himself. After a while Jimin looked away, down to his own hand.

„My question is that... that why I mean I... I always thought you were just a heartless who just wants to around, but since we spent more time together I know you are not like that, you are kind and caring, you should be in a real relationship already with a lot of love, but you are not. I don’t understand how... I mean it most be a reason for you to be like that, and I want to know that reason if you willing to tell me.” Jimin looked up at him when he finished so they just stared each other for a long time and then both of them started talk at the same time.

„I’m willing to answer your questions.” both of them said then smiled at each other.

„You asked first so I answer first.” Jimin started. „Well it happened back in high school that I had a huge crush on a guy, I thought really high of him, he was the same age as me and we weren’t close but we knew each other, I admired him from distance for a year before I decided to do something about it. So one day after school I went to him and told him how I feel about him and asked him out on a date. He said no, he wasn’t mean or anything but then he said: No offence, you must be really nice but not my tipe, I like skinny and pretty boys, you know?” Jimin was silent for a moment, then looked in Jungkook’s eyes „How could someone say something like that to another person? Even if I was ugly back than he can’t just... nevermind... so since then I can’t bring myself to ask anyone out or to confess, every relationships I had since than every hook up, everything was started by the guy I was with, never me. I just... can’t, you know?” Jungkook nodded and then said:

„Such a jerk, but you know you are beautiful, right?” and Jimin knew he meant it by the look in his eyes.

„Well I... I know I look good. Had times when I didn’t love myself, but I love myself now, really.” Jimin smiled „But I still can’t bring myself to ask someone out, the bad experience stayed with me.” he said, and was surprised how comfortable he was with telling this, when even his best friend didn’t know how deep this thing hurted him, and now he told it to Jungkook. „Your turn.” Jimin told Jungkook, doesn’t want to talk about this subject anymore.

„Ok, well my story goes back to high school as well, final year actually. I... I was in a relationship with a guy, I thought I loved him and that he loved me back. We were together for 5 months so I slept with him, it was my first time that’s why I waited this long. But the next day he broke up with me, and he told me he only was with me because of a bet he made with his friends. Later I found out he even cheated on me a lot of time. So after that I stopped dating, in uni I stared sleeping around, I didn’t want to let anyone to hurt me like that ever again.” when Jungkook finished speaking Jimin didn’t know what to say to that, his heart ached for the poor boy in front of him, he wanted to make him feel better. So he stood up, went to him and hugged him. Jungkook was frozen for a moment but then he wrapped his arms around the smaller boy. They stayed like this for a while, Jimin let go first backed away a little but stayed close and looked Jungkook in the eye, he looked back at him, then Jimin leaned in and gave a kiss to Jungkook’s cheek. After that he went back to his desk set down.

„That was more than 10 minutes, so we should go back to study.” he said. Jungkook smileed and touched his face where Jimin’s lip touched it, and they both went back to study.

-

„Hey Jimin!” Kai called after Jimin who was on his way to one of their shared class, but now stopped and waited for the other with a big smile on his face. When the taller catched up he smiled at him and then started talking. „Hi stanger! Good to see you, alone this time. Where did you left yout boyfriend?” his voice was full with hate when he asked about Jungkook and when he continued before Jimin could say something his voice was even more hateful. „How I know him he is probably hooking up with someone.” Jimin’s smile faded away when he heared this and without a word he started walking again leaving the other. „Jimin-ah wait!” Kai tried to stop him by his wrist but Jimin shaked his tuch off so he started walking next to him. „Jimin-ah don’t be mad at me, I’m sorry. I just don’t trust him and I don’t like him and I don’t like you being with him, it drives me crazy and I…” Kai apologize but Jimin cuts his words.

„Why? Are you jealous or something?” he asked hoping to get the answer he wants but…

„I… no…I…I’m just worried about you” the taller said but not even looking at the other.

„Right, worried.” Jimin said not exactly knowing what to say. Then Kai reached for the smallers wrist to stop him, stepping one step closer when they face each other.

„Jimin-ah I…”

„Hyung!” someone shouted stopping Kai in what he wanted to say. They both turned the direction of the voice and it was Jungkook running to them so Kai let go of Jimin’s wrist.

„Hyung I’m sorry I couldn’t walk you all the way to your class but I stayed up late and overslept, but I’m here now.” Jungkook said to Jimin isn’t even looking at Kai. „And I brought you coffee as an apology.” and he handed one of the coffees from his hand to Jimin.

„That’s okay baby don’t worry about it, and thanks for the coffee.” Jimin said then he pecked the younger’s cheek.

„I’m gonna go now, see you at class Jimin-ah.” Kai said, voice annoyed and then he walked away.

„He seems pissed. Am I interrupted something? I’m sorry if I did.” Jungkook said but he didn’t sound like he was actually sorry about it.

„Nah don’t worry about it.” Jimin smiled at the other and then they started walking.

Jimin didn’t even realize or remember that Kai wanted to say something important to him, his focus was on Jungkook now, and only on him, and he didn’t realize that either.