Chapter 2

I want you to be my (fake) boyfriend

Jimin is already in the coffee shop when Jungkook enters, he is sitting in the corner next to the window and drinking his coffee. Jungkook orders something for himself and then makes his way over to Jimin and sits down.

„I thought you’re not even coming. I’m waiting for you for 10 minutes now.” the oldest says. He already mad at the other when he just came. But he wasn’t angry because he had to wait, the truth was that he get mad at Jungkook because he looked so good, and was angry to himself for noticing this when he was supposed to hate him.

„Relax pretty boy. Don’t be like that in our first date.” the younger almos laughs when he sees Jimin’s reactions, he looked mad but he blushed at the same time.

„First of all, don’t call me that, I’m your hyung, respect me. Second of all, this is not a date. Understand?” Jimin asked and tried to calm himself down before he does something stupid like slap the guy in front of him, or even worse kiss him.

Jungkook just nodded and smiled like he would know exactly what Jimin is thinking about.

„Good. Now let’s talk about why I asked you to come here before you make me change my mind.” the younger didn’t answer so Jimin tired to continue but he didn’t really know how, so after a few seconds he just spilled it out. „I want you to be my fake boyfriend.”

The silence sat between them for a second, Jungkook’s smile disappeared and now complete shock was on his face, he didn’t expect this at all.

„What did you say?” he asked just to make sure he understood the other’s words right.

„I know it’s weird but just hear me out, OK?” when Jungkook stayed quiet he continued „You heard yesterday that I have a crush on someone and I don’t wanna ruin my friendship with him if he not feels the same but I want to try and make him jealous. And you could help me with this, because yesterday I felt he was jealous of you, and if it worked once than...” that’s where Jungkook stops him with a question and maybe is better, while Jimin talked he felt embarrassed and that he just couldn’t shut up.

„Wait, so Kai is your big crush?” the taller asks now surprised.

„Well... Yeah” Jimin answers not looking at the other boy.

„Ok.. just to make sure that I understand correctly. You think Kai was jealous of me yesterday when he saw us together and because of this you want me to be your fake boyfriend and make him jealous even more to make him confess to you, but maybe you are wrong and he doesn’t even feel the same?” Jungkook feels this is just a joke and Jimin going to start laughing in anytime, but he doesn’t.

„Wow if you say it like that it sounds really bad and kind of pathetic, but I just don’t want to ruin our friendship and thought you could help me. But it was stupid, forget about it.” Jimin feels so embarrassed he doesn’t even see that someone is going to their table just when the person starts to talk.

„Hi guys! Sorry for interrupting. Jimin, I just want to ask you out for lunch.” Dae asks, and that’s when Jimin realized he doesn’t even told about him to Jungkook, but now it doesn’t matter. But what to say to Dae?

„Well... I... I...” he don’t know what to say, he looks at Jungkook for help or something but he gets nothing so he try to say something again „Dae I...” but this time he can’t finish because someone else starts to talk, not like he would had any idea what to say.

„Sorry but this is a date here” Jungkook points between him and Jimin with his finger and continues „And it’s pretty rude to ask out someone else’s boyfriend expecially when the boyfriend is there too.” Jimin suprised by Jungkook words and he is a little bit grateful as well.

„Date...? Boyfriend...?” the third boy looks surprised too. „Jimin you haven’t told me you have a boyfriend.” he said.

„Well it’s because it’s pretty new.” the blonde boy says. And then Jungkook starts to talk again.

„I don’t really understand why should he tell you about me. He never talked about you. But now if you excuse us we want to spend time together. Right baby?” he reaches out for Jimin’s hand and connected their fingers. Dae still standing there and looking their hands now so Jungkook adds „And we don’t need a third wheel, but thanks.” the third boy doesn’t even know what to say so he just leaves while awkwardly saying goodbye to them.

¯

„Tae! Guess who has an official fake boyfriend?” Jimin said excitedly while entering the living room in their apartment, where Taehyung watched something on the TV.

„I don’t know Chimie. Maybe Hobi hyung has?”  the red haired boy joked.

„Haha really funny. Maybe I’m not even going to tell you what happened in our meeting.” the blonde haired boy tried to seem mad when he sat down next to his friend.

„Oh please. You would die if you couldn’t tell me what happened. So tell me everything.” And Jimin did told everything what happened in the coffee.

„So we agreed on that we start it Monday. My first lecture is together with Kai so Jungkook is going to walk with me and we going to act as a couple and we gonna have lunch together as well.” Jimin finished.

„Well I hope this whole thing is going to work and you’re not gonna end up hurt at the end.” Taehyung said worriedly.

„Yah  me too. But don’t worry Tae, I will be fine. But let’s stop talking about me. Let’s talk about you and Yoongi.” Jimin smiled at his friend.

„We are texting since then and he asked me out, so we’re going to have a date on Monday. I’m so excited, but a little nervous as well.” Tae said with an excited expression on his face.

„You are whipped for him already. I’m so happy for you.” Jimin hugged his friend.

„Well then I was thinking if you could help me choose an outfit to the date?” the other boy asked happily.

„I would be offended if you wouldn’t ask. So let’s do it.” was the answer while he pulled Tae to his room and went to his closet.

The two boys spent the rest of the day with choosing the perfect outfit for Monday , but not just Tae but for Jimin as well.

¯

„To be his what?” Yoongi asked little in shock but with a laugh when Jungkook told him what happened in the coffee.

„His fake boyfriend. And it’s not funny hyung, I doesn’t even know what a real boyfriend should do not a fake one. He knows that I don’t do relationships so it’s just so stupid.” Jungkook complained.

„Then why did you say yes? It is very stupid, things like this doesn’t end up well. You could get hurt or him or both of you.” the older said now seriously.

„I know and I said no first but then that guy came up to him and Jimin looked so desperate and I wanted to help and I didn’t think through what I was doing.” Jungkook explained, but truly he didn’t know exactly why he did what he did. He didn’t want to admit that he was jealous, and that’s the main reason why he said yes to Jimin.

„Well I wish I could see that kid’s face, but I still think you shouldn’t do it. You can still cancel the whole thing, you know? I really think you should.” Yoongi said.

„I can’t hyung, I want to help him and I just feel that I should do this. I know it sounds stupid but still.” the younger tried to make his friend understand him but he doesn’t even understand himself completely so how could he give a good explanation.

„Do as you want Kooki. This is your decision, I just don’t like the idea. So be careful OK?” Yoongi asked his younger friend.

„I will hyung, I promise. Everything’s going to be alright, we’ll play a little and his crush’s will be jealous and done.” Jungkook said, not even know how wrong he was.