First Trial

A Hero's Tale

First Trial

 

Sungje's POV

 

I was really happy that we were going to become better than knights.  As we got closer to the temple we heard humming.  I looked around and didn't see anyone, but us and then I saw it.  A man that appeared right in front of my face and disappeared.  "Oh my god!"  I yelled jumping backwards.  Everyone turned and looked at me like I was crazy.  "Why so jumpy?"  Hyosung asked smiling at me.  I smiled at her weakly and looked around.  "I thought I saw a man, right in front of my face..."  I told her.

 

The girls looked at me and then they looked at each other.  "You know what that means don't you...?"  Hyosung whispered.  "Yeah."  Ji eun replied.  "He's going to get something terrible."  Zinger said.  "We can't let this happen."  Hyosung told them.  "Well, we can't interfer with the...  Glimpse..."  Sunhwa said.  "I know, but..."  Hyosung said lost in thought.  "Hyosung, we can't do anything.  It might be a good thing that he saw that or bad..."  Zinger told her.

 

"I know okay...  I know..."  Hyosung said loudly.  The girls broke up into their seperate ways.  Hyosung walked back to me and I smiled.  "Is it bad?  I heard you guys.  I'm kind of scared."  I told her.  She smiled lightly and then frowned.  "It's bad.  Something is either going to be good that'll happen to you or...  It's going to be bad as in...  Bloody bad.  I don't know for sure.  But tell me what you saw."  Hyosung said. 

 

"I, uh, saw a man's face.  Looks kind of young."  I told him.  "Young face?  That must be good...  Zinger saw a old face so that was bad.  Let's see...  Later on."  Hyosung said.  "Maybe, maybe..."  I said.  I then walked quietly and Hyosung looked at me.  She must of thought that something was wrong.  I told her nothing at first, but then I started to shiver.  I fell onto the ground and I out.

 

"SUNGJE!!!!"  Hyosung cried aloud.  "THIS CAN'T BE!!!  THEY SAID THEY WOULDN'T RELEASE THE SPIRITS!  NOW EVERYTHING IS OUT OF BALANCE!!!"  I heard.  I then went into a dream....

 

I was standing at the edge of a cliff looking at the sunset.  I smiled.  I looked back and I saw Nova, my town.  I then saw Yunhak coming towards me.  He looked sad.  I turned around and came towards him.  When I got a little closer he put his hand up. I nodded and walked past him.  I looked back with concern and then I saw something odd, a young man.  He came towards me.  He touched me and I shivered.  I fell onto the floor and screamed.  I then stopped and he was looking at me with concern.  "I am what you saw."  He told me.  I tried talking, but no words would come out. "I know you want to talk to me, but it'll have to wait.  Remember my face.  I'll be with a group of people by the temple.  Those girls won't know."  He told me.  He disappeared and I then saw darkness. 

 

I gasped for air and hit Yunhak and I fell backwards screaming in pain.  "Sungje, are you okay!?!  Did anything break, anything bad happen!?!"  Hyosung asked.  I tried to talk, but couldn't.  She looked at me and then tapped on the ground.  "Write it.  Zinger where's that stick you had earlier?"  Hyosung asked.  Zinger came over and gave it to Hyosung.  Hyosung then gave it to me.  I then wrote, I'm okay.  We need to get to the temple.  I saw someone and he gave me orders what to do.  I then put the stick on the ground and got up slowly. 

 

Hyosung nodded.  She then looked around.  "Let's go."  Hyosung said.  Everyone started to move and I waited.  As the two groups walked ahead I waited.  I looked around.  I then saw his face, again.  "Good, now keep on going.  You'll know me for sure."  He said.  I nodded and I walked.  As we got closer we saw a group of guys.

 

I looked closely and then I found him.  I ran as fast as I could to the guy and then I tapped his shoulder.  He turned around and looked at me.  "So, you got my message."  He said.  "I'm Onew.  You passed the first test."  He told me.  "We were given instructions to do that to you.  If you guys pass we'll be coming with you."  A man told us.  "I'm Key."  He added.  We nodded.  "Another group?"  Yunhak said stepping up.  "Yes, we want to kill that King like you.  Ruined our home."  Key told us.  "Same here."  I told him.